Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyhead'71

It's going to look like
HKDL-Toy-Story-Land.jpg

With one flat ride, a Jr. Launch Coaster, and TSMM. Slinky Dog is still going to look like

DCAEB1A882A743EAB70EBB137DCC2756.jpg

But instead of going in circles he'll be running around the land.

I can already tell by the responses here that this land will greatly please the Disney fans who get all excited and happy when they see a WDW bag or mouse ears at MCO. The people in love with the Disney brand. Or "all things Disney", as they say. Theme park fans who like the Disney Parks for their elevated level of sophistication and class over all other theme park operators will see this as little more than Chester & Hester's V2.0

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's going to look like
HKDL-Toy-Story-Land.jpg

With one flat ride, a Jr. Launch Coaster, and TSMM. Slinky Dog is still going to look like

I can already tell by the responses here that this land will greatly please the Disney fans who get all excited and happy when they see a WDW bag or mouse ears at MCO. The people in love with the Disney brand. Or "all things Disney", as they say. Theme park fans who like the Disney Parks for their elevated level of sophistication and class over all other theme park operators will see this as little more than Chester & Hester's V2.0

Wow. You should have your own thread. For you and your big head.

ToTBellHop

The theme is your problem because it isn't what you want.
Agreed. Some just don't like the theme. And that's fine. I'm sure DHS will have something for everyone in 2020.

I do however agree with the sentiment that it is a bit unfortunate that we have four new rides announced and all of them should have height requirements. The park will still be a bit of a struggle for families with little ones. At least most little kids currently in existence will be tall enough for everything by the time it opens!

twebber55

It's going to look like
HKDL-Toy-Story-Land.jpg

so you re disregarding the folks who are against this, sounds nearly like an agenda to me.....
i see two opinions on this land pretty much
1. lets wait and see
2. dont like the theme of being in andys back yard
and maybe a third group who like the idea
me, not so much because i dont think Toy Story adapts wells into a theme park environment like a Harry Potter, Cars, and Avatar

twebber55

Agreed. Some just don't like the theme. And that's fine. I'm sure DHS will have something for everyone in 2020.

I do however agree with the sentiment that it is a bit unfortunate that we have four new rides announced and all of them should have height requirements. The park will still be a bit of a struggle for families with little ones. At least most little kids currently in existence will be tall enough for everything by the time it opens!
agree we only have 4 announced rides, need more

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The theme is barely a theme and has already been executed multiple times, rather consistently to disappointment. Fifth time is the charm?

It has been executed poorly many times. I have been to DLP and have seen their toy story land. I didn't like it. I think it is really boring. But not because of the theme but because it is small and the attractions are horrible. My opinion of course.

lazyboy97o

It has been executed poorly many times. I have been to DLP and have seen their toy story land. I didn't like it. I think it is really boring. But not because of the theme but because it is small and the attractions are horrible. My opinion of course.
Again, the issue being rides that are rides is a concern for amusement parks. That these rides suddenly elevate the experience of the land shows a love for brand, not a themed experience.

Kate F

To all the "Wait before judging" people, can I just ask, what expectations do you have exactly? So far the only positivity towards the land that I've seen is about how much better it's likely going to be than Toy Story Playland.

ToTBellHop

To all the "Wait before judging" people, can I just ask, what expectations do you have exactly? So far the only positivity I've seen is about how much better it's likely going to be than Toy Story Playland.
The Mater ride is a clone of a fun, popular ride in Cars Land and I enjoy roller coasters, especially those with extensive rock work, mid-course launches, and triple-downs for airtime. I also like RnRC and California Screamin'. I'm expecting to have fun with my children. I would love to hear how this area, with Midway Mania, a coaster, and a flat ride is much different than a similar portion of, say, Fantasyland. Like the walk by Pooh and Mine Train on the way to Mad Tea Party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom