Toy Story Land Already Disappointing?

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I was doing some reading on Toy Story Land and feel like it's already being boiled down to a "Kiddie coaster" and an extension to TSMM.

Although I am slightly disappointed at the current plans, shouldn't we give it a chance before declaring it a failure? I am reading rumblings that it's not enough and Star Wars will have to "make up" for the lack of new E-Tickets in Toy Story.

I am hoping we don't essentially get a Barnstormer and another level in TSMM.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sorry about my thread earlier! I had copied/pasted a thread from another forum and accidentally put it here!

Anyway, I was doing some reading on Toy Story Land and feel like it's already being boiled down to a "Kiddie coaster" and an extension to TSMM.

Although I am slightly disappointed at the current plans, shouldn't we give it a chance before declaring it a failure? I am reading rumblings that it's not enough and Star Wars will have to "make up" for the lack of new E-Tickets in Toy Story.

Your thoughts?

I think the coaster is going to above the level of Barnstormer. I appears that it will be a little more thrilling and have better theming. The land will also have a Buzz Light Year spinner ride. Beyond this there is very strong rumors that a 3rd land will be added to the Backlot/LMA area once SWL and TSL are done.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Things must be declared a success or failure the moment they are announced, then this opinion must be held no matter what. Waiting until the final product is actually completed and you can experience it yourself? That means you have to wait years in order to discuss how terrible Disney is as an organization. We can't have that around here.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I think the coaster is going to above the level of Barnstormer. I appears that it will be a little more thrilling and have better theming. The land will also have a Buzz Light Year spinner ride. Beyond this there is very strong rumors that a 3rd land will be added to the Backlot/LMA area once SWL and TSL are done.
What are the details on the Buzz Lightyear ride? I thought it was some Alien Spinner ride?

PhotoDave219

Sorry about my thread earlier! I had copied/pasted a thread from another forum and accidentally put it here!

Anyway, I was doing some reading on Toy Story Land and feel like it's already being boiled down to a "Kiddie coaster" and an extension to TSMM.

Your thoughts?

I think a shovel hasnt moved yet and its far far far far far far far too early to judge.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I think a shovel hasnt moved yet and its far far far far far far far too early to judge.
I agree with that, but with the framework in place, I can kind of see the writing on the wall. Iger's reign has been full over underwhelming addition, so I am trying to reconcile what we saw with New Fantasyland with the plans I've seen for Toy Story. It seems a bit too unambitious.

I just wish we had a confirmed E-ticket type attraction instead of what we've seen so far.

PhotoDave219

I agree with that, but with the framework in place, I can kind of see the writing on the wall. Iger's reign has been full over underwhelming addition, so I am trying to reconcile what we saw with New Fantasyland with the plans I've seen for Toy Story. It seems a bit too unambitious.

I just wish we had a confirmed E-ticket type attraction instead of what we've seen so far.

They haven't given any real specifics whatsoever.

DHS is in dire need of attractions that all ages can ride, without height restrictions.

blueboxdoctor

A coaster kind of like the new snow white one would be kind of cool. Though, I prefer the old school rides or the more interactive ones like the Buzz ride and the Toy Story one in Hollywood Studios (not a big coaster fan, even small ones don't do much for me). Still, the theme should be really good and they can have a lot of fun designing the area.

PhilharMagician

They haven't given any real specifics whatsoever.

DHS is in dire need of attractions that all ages can ride, without height restrictions.

I almost thought you were talking about Epcot. :oops:

This seems a little early to make judgment on a new land that is barely a name at this point. However I do share you feelings about the Iger era making cuts. He has done a great job for the share holders, just hasn't done well for the people in the queue lines.

It is too early to make that decision. It won't even begin for a looooooong time, they will want Star Wars land up ASAP first. Plus, they may change the budget and add a ride/change a ride between now and then. Look at how many changes New Fantasyland went through before it became how it is now.

dizda

TSMM is the E ticket. Everything else is to help with the lack of family rides. TSL has a very specific purpose and demographic. Let's see what it looks like once built before writing it off.

Kate F

I know they haven't even started it all yet, but I still am a bit underwhelmed with the current plans. I agree that the park needs more family rides and that a land like this is necessary, but it's just not something I'm personally excited for. My hopes are that the coaster will be somewhat thrilling and that the land as a whole will be immersive and have no huge budget cuts. Although, as I said in another thread, I really don't think we need more Toy Story in the parks.

Uncle Lupe

I thought the timeline was Toy Story before Star Wars... after that maybe more. With Toy Story 4 2018??? Synergy would be great.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What are the details on the Buzz Lightyear ride? I thought it was some Alien Spinner ride?

It appears it will be a spinner like Mater's in Carsland, just with a Buzz theme.

I know they haven't even started it all yet, but I still am a bit underwhelmed with the current plans. I agree that the park needs more family rides and that a land like this is necessary, but it's just not something I'm personally excited for. My hopes are that the coaster will be somewhat thrilling and that the land as a whole will be immersive and have no huge budget cuts. Although, as I said in another thread, I really don't think we need more Toy Story in the parks.

The coaster appears like it will have mild thrills, but it wouldn't make sense to make it high thrill. The park currently has only 5 rides, 3 of which can be considered thrill rides.

Kate F

The coaster appears like it will have mild thrills, but it wouldn't make sense to make it high thrill. The park currently has only 5 rides, 3 of which can be considered thrill rides.
No, I'm not expecting it to be highly thrilling, but after being disappointed by the Mine Train, I at least hope this coaster has more going on for it than that. Aside from having nice animatronics, the Mine Train was just too short and too tame for me to really enjoy. But then again, I wasn't the target audience for that attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom