Toy Guns in Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Does anyone know if they still sell the long range and small toy guns with the orange covers in MK? While I was there in october of last year. I was looking through Adventureland and saw that a young boy got one of the long range guns and as I continued walking towards PoTC I saw the boy pointing his toy rifle at people. Frankly I'm surprised they sell them. But what do you think?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think toy guns should continue to be sold. Whats to say that playing "house" with Barbies isnt just as dangerous....

AliciaLuvzDizne

hakunamatata said:
I think toy guns should continue to be sold. Whats to say that playing "house" with Barbies isnt just as dangerous....
omg
:lol:

as far as i know, they still sell them, as well as the shorter revolver type guns right outside of POTC

col

i was in animal kingdom in may 2005 and these kids got on the safari with there parents and they had these plastic guns in a brown colour and where shouting "bang,bang" before we set off on the ride so the driver said over the microphone "could the 2 little boys with the guns sit down incase it scares the animals because the animals in our reserve are not use to guns" with the driver saying that the little boys dropped the guns and sat still for the whole ride only saying to each other what animals they saw.

i do understand why they sell them in magic kingdom. when i was in the potc gift shop they had guns there and people wher buying them and little kids where running up and down with them.

come to think of it though ive never seen them in epcot -maybe its because they have no influences of guns on there rides come to think of it i had never seen them in the animal kingdom until i saw those little boys with them.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
And yet....your not allowed to bring "realistic weapons" during MNSSHP....That's just odd.:hammer:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Cmdr_Crimson said:
And yet....your not allowed to bring "realistic weapons" during MNSSHP....That's just odd.:hammer:

Thats because the guns aren't realistic ... they are bright orange!

disneylands

Account Suspended
Cmdr_Crimson said:
Does anyone know if they still sell the long range and small toy guns with the orange covers in MK? While I was there in october of last year. I was looking through Adventureland and saw that a young boy got one of the long range guns and as I continued walking towards PoTC I saw the boy pointing his toy rifle at people. Frankly I'm surprised they sell them. But what do you think?

Yeah they still sell them, I dont think disney would care. it doesnt affect their image in any way, so they will continue to sell them!

natalia1681

hakunamatata said:

I think that Barbies are much more dangerous:lookaroun

Maybe we can get the toy guns together and take Barbie out...:lookaroun

Just a thought.

Peter Parker

Little boys like to play with toy guns. Disney caters to young children. Thus, toy guns will continue to be sold.

Does anyone object to Tinkerbell wings. This might influence the little girls to think they could fly.

This is not a knock on the Cmdr Crimson, but I just think that we need to let kids be kids.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Peter Parker said:
This is not a knock on the Cmdr Crimson, but I just think that we need to let kids be kids.

That's fine :wave: . I was just saying I never seen a park selling toy rifles before...

Connor002

My cousin got one a few years ago, but it wasn't brigh orange. In fact, it was extremly realistic except for the fact that there was no hole at the end of the barrel. I believe he got it outside of the Indy stunt show.

Madison

Peter Parker said:
Little boys like to play with toy guns. Disney caters to young children. Thus, toy guns will continue to be sold.

Does anyone object to Tinkerbell wings. This might influence the little girls to think they could fly.

Let kids be kids, sure, but don't you find it upsetting that it's considered acceptable and normal behavior for children so young to pretend to injure or kill one another?

That said, I think it's a parent's responsibility to raise their children and should Disney want to make toy weapons availabe, that's their prerogative. It does not absolve a child's parents of their duty to teach their children well.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I guess my point is whats the difference between a realistic looking toy gun and a realist looking toy Buz Lightyear Lazer, or a realistic looking abomination doll (that in the movie was as bad as a weapon)......

People just dont know where to focus the brunt of their frustration on certain issues:

* Guns dont kill people. People kill people.*

When is the last time that a loaded gun, sitting on a table all by its lonesome pointed itself at someone and killed them? You could stand there and cuss that gun up one side and down the other, but it wont go off. There is no reason for gun control. Criminals will always find a way to get a weapon to harm. Thats just my opine and its free.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Peter Parker said:

woah
they sell tinkerbell wings??

*wants them*

wannab@dis

Pumbas Nakasak said:
In these modern times will Disney sell Junior Suicide Bombers kits?
I surely hope that you can tell the difference.

Instead of worrying about kids playing with guns, more time and effort needs to be placed on worring about the parents that can't seem to parent correctly. A toy gun has never been a problem with any kid that was raised with good morals and structure. I had one from Ft Wilderness when I was there more than 20 years ago. And I haven't killed anyone... yet. :eek:

Mmmeredith

All I know is that it is extremely disturbing to see a boy on a balcony at AKL with an angry expression on his face pointing a realistic toy gun, bought on Disney property, at the animals. It's just not Disnical.

Yes, people kill people, but that doesn't make guns "right."

HMGhost13

my dad had a rel gun when he was a kid that was made into a toy. he used to play cops and robbers, etc. he owned one gun to date and never used it. he had the gun unloaded and the bullets locked up. he ended up getting rid of it a few years back for it's lack of use, usefulness, and down right need. has he killed anyone? no. does he intend to? no.

they blamed toy guns were a source of violence when he was a kid. they blame video games and music now. it all comes down to parenting and the person and knowing the difference between what is real and what isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom