Town Square Theater/Princess Fairy Tale Hall Character Replacements

Tip Top Club

^ The Veranda has no chance of turning back into a restaurant, they are in the process of updating it to make it more accessible as a backstage area right now.

WDWYankee15

I have heard from one of my friends who helps out with characters in the Magic Kingdom that the Fairies will indeed be moving up to Town Square Theatre once the Princesses move out. She also mentioned that once the Fairies are out of the veranda they will be turning it back in to a restaurant. Take it with a grain of salt, but that is what she has been told.
Thanks for passing along the info. Maybe this will mean that they will bring back some of the older faires that have not been around for a while (ex. Silvermist, Iridessa, Fawn). This might be why they brought them out for LTM recently. Kind of a test of their popularity.

WDWYankee15

Has Pete ever been a walk around character? Ever? Talk about a real crime....
Second that. It is to bad if they don't use that space for some new/different characters.

I was/am really hoping that they realize how much the "Long Lost Friends" are missed and desired that they would use the space in the Town Square Theatre to put some "Long Lost Friends" or some friends that have never been (Pete, Oswald, etc). Put some generic curtain backdrops (plain colors... red, blue, green) in the room each of the 3 stations currently used by the princess and rotate characters in and out of the room.

My favorite idea for the space would be to have themed days. Image Robin Hood Day, Classic Disney Day (Clarebelle, Horace, Pete), Duck Day (Scrooge, Darkwing, Ludwig), Villian Day (which would be awesome) or a completely random day. To me this is a great idea that takes little effort, but would be loved by so many.

So many things you can do in the space and allow it to be fresh and an exciting experience... You listening TDO??? :rolleyes:

drew81

I have heard from one of my friends who helps out with characters in the Magic Kingdom that the Fairies will indeed be moving up to Town Square Theatre once the Princesses move out. She also mentioned that once the Fairies are out of the veranda they will be turning it back in to a restaurant. Take it with a grain of salt, but that is what she has been told.

Yes, you heard right.

tl77

A new cast of Tinker Bell fairies have been at Epcot for the flower show the past month or so, it'd make sense that they'd bring them back to the MK Town Square

lego606

MagicBandit
I was/am really hoping that they realize how much the "Long Lost Friends" are missed and desired that they would use the space in the Town Square Theatre to put some "Long Lost Friends" or some friends that have never been (Pete, Oswald, etc?)

If they pull out Oswald the entire WDWMagic member body will be at Disney with credit cards in hand in a matter of 3 minutes.

Weather_Lady

My guess would be Pooh and Friends but I would LOVE some rarer characters.

It would be cool if they had a "wild card" character every day! They could put "Mickey, etc., and Today's Mystery Character" on the sign outside and change it up. That would really be fun, and would attract a lot of "repeat visitors" curious to see who they'd meet that day.

disneyfan1995

They probably won't do anything special to it but as others have mentioned, I'd love to see some rarer characters there. Maybe characters from classic movies (Peter Pan unit, Pinocchio unit, etc) or the villains.

joanna71985

A new cast of Tinker Bell fairies have been at Epcot for the flower show the past month or so, it'd make sense that they'd bring them back to the MK Town Square

The fairies weren't at Epcot for Flower and Garden (they were out a few days for a specific reason)

Sped2424

With the way they are cutting the entertainment budget, I don't think anything will replace the Princesses. I think the Princesses will move to Fantasyland and then they will just close their old room in Town Square.
This is probably exactly what is going to happen.

tl77

The fairies weren't at Epcot for Flower and Garden (they were out a few days for a specific reason)

I know they were at Epcot during the Flower and Garden, rumor was it was kind of "training" for the new performers, is that the "specific reason" you're eluding to?

joanna71985

I know they were at Epcot during the Flower and Garden, rumor was it was kind of "training" for the new performers, is that the "specific reason" you're eluding to?

Yes, they were at Epcot. And yes, it was during Flower and Garden. But they weren't there *for* Flower and Garden

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom