News Tower of Terror to operate at reduced capacity due to an extended refurbishment

Rodj

and money, you forgot money.
Not really for about half of the issues. For example someone overnight can just go into the programming and get rid of the motion start delay for the drop shaft with just a slight change, same can be said with getting the BGM of the hallway scene to move forwards to the bell part when the doors start to open, and also adjusting the volume.

peter11435

Not really for about half of the issues. For example someone overnight can just go into the programming and get rid of the motion start delay for the drop shaft with just a slight change, same can be said with getting the BGM of the hallway scene to move forwards to the bell part when the doors start to open, and also adjusting the volume.
Unfortunately nothing is as easy as “just go into the programming.”

smile

Poor form 'Pirate. Did your finger slip or get tired from holding down the shift key for so long ;)

at least one "1" is crucial
... conveys the angst

i mean, we're talking about little johnny and susie's ONCE-IN-A-LIF....... i'm just happy there weren't several

peter11435

No, but it's not that hard either for the world's number one entertainment company to dedicate some overnight work to this. Remember, these issues have been present for a decade!!
They absolutely could and should fix these issues and they have had plenty of time. There’s no excuse.

I just meant the fix while doable is not as simple or inexpensive as it would seem. Any modification to ride control logic is an involved process.

smile

dhs is a little busy at the moment, so please leave a message at the beep
... besides, there's enough wdi at the park already and no one's got time for a sunset stroll! yet
:joyfull:

ToTBellHop

They absolutely could and should fix these issues and they have had plenty of time. There’s no excuse.

I just meant the fix while doable is not as simple or inexpensive as it would seem. Any modification to ride control logic is an involved process.
My understanding is that in recent years, overnight maintenance crews were cut to save money. They spend most of their time making sure the rides just run and don’t have time for trivial things like audio. After hours events and those 6 am opens this fall won’t help.

Tom Morrow

2009: Please turn the volume up on Tower of Terror"
WDW/Maintenance: "There's just no time to do it!"

2015: "Seriously guys, turn the volume up so it can be loud like it used to be!"
WDI/Maintenance: "It'll have to wait for an extended refurbishment"

2019: "Sweet, an extended refurbishment! Surely this will give you time to adjust the audio levels?
WDI/Maintance: *shrugs*

ToTBellHop

I get it, but guess I expected a little more TLC.
Here you go:

giphy.gif

Rodj

Ok, so a live stream thankfully happened today, and boy I am disappointed. VVC speakers in Echo are still shot/not working(this REALLY shocked me that they did not get them fixed), pretty much everything is the same. The only difference I could hear was that the sound effect when entering the drop shaft returned, but it is as quiet as Foxtrot's. One change that still hasn't been done to Alpha/Bravo is the fixing of the ding sound effect, which can definitely be done in a overnight shift, as it was done on Charlie/Delta back last June or July overnight. I was really hoping that the mechanical refurb also included the outside doors, however floor 11's doors are still stuck closed.

Tom Morrow

At this point I'm not going to be super nitpicky about the audio timing. Just like the audio levels being too quiet, it has been an issue since 2008/2009! I just want them to PUMP UP THE VOLUME!!!

@ WaltDisneyWorld:

Thelazer

It doesn't work like that. Changes to show programming, require approvals and also require imaganeering to be there. Then there is testing, and sign off and such. A maintenance guy just can't go in and tweak a . Okay YES a maintenance guy COULD, but if that change is not in line with current show directive, then well someone's job is at risk.

That said, are there folks in the creative helm at Imagenering, who are supposed to do show quality checks.. and could push the issue, and coordinate with maintenance and arrange overnights etc. YES.. But will the paperwork needed trip them up, make it impossible and most likely not worth it.. well yes that to.

However, perhaps you could get entertainment to throw some money into the pot, by doing a temporary overlay (such as Haunted Mansion Holiday in DL) that tends to give a reason / excuse for those creative types and those maitnaince types to find some time to work on ahem.. little details.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
It doesn't work like that. Changes to show programming, require approvals and also require imaganeering to be there. Then there is testing, and sign off and such. A maintenance guy just can't go in and tweak a ****. Okay YES a maintenance guy COULD, but if that change is not in line with current show directive, then well someone's job is at risk.

That said, are there folks in the creative helm at Imagenering, who are supposed to do show quality checks.. and could push the issue, and coordinate with maintenance and arrange overnights etc. YES.. But will the paperwork needed trip them up, make it impossible and most likely not worth it.. well yes that to.

However, perhaps you could get entertainment to throw some money into the pot, by doing a temporary overlay (such as Haunted Mansion Holiday in DL) that tends to give a reason / excuse for those creative types and those maitnaince types to find some time to work on ahem.. little details.

With the increase in pricing (yet again), their shouldn't be an excuse as to why TDO can't set time and funds aside to fix their star attractions. I don't think anyone would complain if they shut ToT down for a few weeks to make the necessary repairs. I don't care if it's overnight or over a few weeks honestly.

I like your last point, but wouldn't like an overlay for the hotel. Because of HMH, Haunted Mansion at DL is always in tip top shape.

matt9112

The corridor issue is that the film projection was replaced with digital projection. Film is capable of very deep black. Digital is not unless you are using Dolby Cinema or IMAX ultra high end laser projectors. It isn't worth the 6 figure additional cost per corridor and those didn't exist yet when they made the change anyway.

The only realistic solution is if a large enough OLED TV is produced. OLED can do very deep black as well. An actual LED screen (like a stadium jumbotron) would also work but also be cost prohibitive.

or just use film.....lol

matt9112

It doesn't work like that. Changes to show programming, require approvals and also require imaganeering to be there. Then there is testing, and sign off and such. A maintenance guy just can't go in and tweak a ****. Okay YES a maintenance guy COULD, but if that change is not in line with current show directive, then well someone's job is at risk.

so your saying there way too much red tape that enlarges simple tasks and managment decisions to take decades...ok so when can we start firing these people?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom