News Tower of Terror to operate at reduced capacity due to an extended refurbishment

ToTBellHop

Why does TDO always seem to do half-*ssed refurbs? Why not spend a little more coin and do it right? Especially on a crown jewel like the Tower?

I hope they at least fixed the hallway/floating window issue where the hallway doesn't look nearly as dark as it once did and thus the illusion is more obvious and less convincing. Fine work, TDO! :rolleyes::banghead:
But my 15-year old baby is le tired after waiting in line 163 minutes!

Epcot_Imagineer

Why does TDO always seem to do half-*ssed refurbs? Why not spend a little more coin and do it right?

It was said from the beginning by Martin that this work was only ever going to be mechanical, and mechanical it was. I don't disagree with you though, most of the effects are absent/mistimed/in poor-shape presently.

It seems like some people are still surprised about the effects being in the same poor shape even though there was a disclaimer that this would continue to be the case.

Rodj

It was said from the beginning by Martin that this work was only ever going to be mechanical, and mechanical it was. I don't disagree with you though, most of the effects are absent/mistimed/in poor-shape presently.

It seems like some people are still surprised about the effects being in the same poor shape even though there was a disclaimer that this would continue to be the case.
I hope that "mechanical" included the speakers, because right before Echo was shut down fully, the VVC speakers in Echo decided not to work anymore.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Why does TDO always seem to do half-*ssed refurbs? Why not spend a little more coin and do it right? Especially on a crown jewel like the Tower?

I hope they at least fixed the hallway/floating window issue where the hallway doesn't look nearly as dark as it once did and thus the illusion is more obvious and less convincing. Fine work, TDO! :rolleyes::banghead:

Because TDO probably gets more complaints than a WalMart that runs out of Door Busters in 12 seconds on Black Friday when things are closed during Little Johnny and Susie's "once-in-a-lifetime vacation that we paid THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR!!!!!!1!!!". What's that old saying, if it ain't broke, don't spend any money on it? Something like that... ;)

Edit: Some friends were at the World last week for the better part of 9 days. Space Mt. was down for at least a few hours every day they spent at MK. EMH at DHS, 2 of the three TSL rides were down. EMH at AK, 2 of the 3 attractions were down (KS and Everest). They were definitely able to ride everything they wanted, and while they are not ones to complain about WDW (I've not heard many complaints from them in the 7+ years we've known them and they've been going annually), this was very noticeable and they did make comments about it. One event in particular - FoP was shown at 90 minutes when they got in line at like 7:30pm one night. 130 minutes later, still in line, they found out (via some kind of announcement, I believe) that the ride was operating at reduced capacity. They felt sorry for the maintenance CM's in the queue, as they got it "double-barreled" from many irate guests standing in that queue.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
For goodness sake, we're not even asking for improvements.. We just want the ride to be showcased in a manner that it deserves. You know you have a star attraction when it still looks amazing even though everything's broken. Take it back to spectacular.

And turn the music / speakers up AT LEAST!! Both times I rode it in Jan, the queue music was unnoticed and the on-ride script was very quiet.

Tom Morrow

The types of fixes we want could likely occur during overnight hours given enough time, talent, and treasure.
Yeah, this. Audio-visual and lighting tweaks can be worked on overnight and relatively inexpensively.
And turn the music / speakers up AT LEAST!! Both times I rode it in Jan, the queue music was unnoticed and the on-ride script was very quiet.
Also this. For literally years the audio on Tower has been quiet in most areas, as if the attraction is on “do not disturb”.

MrHappy

Because TDO probably gets more complaints than a WalMart that runs out of Door Busters in 12 seconds on Black Friday when things are closed during Little Johnny and Susie's "once-in-a-lifetime vacation that we paid THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR!!!!!!1!!!". What's that old saying, if it ain't broke, don't spend any money on it? Something like that... ;)
Poor form 'Pirate. Did your finger slip or get tired from holding down the shift key for so long ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom