Rumor Tower of Terror to gain new theme?

crxbrett

Put another guy in a suit and speak the exact same pre-show and replace the line "you are now entering the twilight zone" with something else and how much difference would it really make?

Well then what's the point of even changing it? I see no reason why it even needs to be changed.

Gustaftp already said it, but the Twilight Zone was already 35 years old and hardly relevant in '94, either. And yet it was a huge hit. And like Gustaftp also mentioned, Song of the South was nearly 45 years old when Splash Mtn debuted and that is still one of DL and the MK's most popular attractions to this very day.

Sometimes change isn't good when it's for no real good reason and done simply just for the sake of change.

Tom Morrow

Removing the Twilight Zone gives them a reason to refurbish the 5th Dimension scene into a scene that looks good for 2018 standards and expands on the story of the hotel. As it is, it's a serious of literal smoke and mirror (minus smoke) effects, a scene that no one understands (it is supposed to be an elevator shaft you are traveling upwards on your back), and objects from the show's opening sequence. I believe I already discussed this in this thread though.

FigmentForver96

Removing the Twilight Zone gives them a reason to refurbish the 5th Dimension scene into a scene that looks good for 2018 standards and expands on the story of the hotel. As it is, it's a serious of literal smoke and mirror (minus smoke) effects, a scene that no one understands (it is supposed to be an elevator shaft you are traveling upwards on your back), and objects from the show's opening sequence. I believe I already discussed this in this thread though.
Cause clearly Twilight Zone needs to be removed for this to happen.

Acidsplat

Oh that's what it is... ? I always assumed it was just a 'maintenance room' colliding with the twilight zone, but being on your back would be more interesting.

Dutch Inn '76

I love the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - but I would have no serious issue with them removing the Twilight Zone theming, so long as they kept the overall creepy vibe of the place. Also, I'd rather them not insert some other Disney IP.

I fully expect both of these things to happen eventually, but I'll be very unhappy if they remove the "Hollywood Golden Age" theming.

999th Happy Haunt

Is there any proof that’s what that scene is supposed to be?

999th Happy Haunt

I’ll vouch for it.

Unless they changed the lighting, the practical wall lights that are on when the ascent doors open used to be rotated 90 degrees as if you’re looking up the shaft.
Just watched this amd it look like the lights still are rotated. Also right when the star field at the end splits before heading into the drop shaft, there are sideways elevator doors on the left side of the vehicle, I’ve never noticed that before. I’m still on the fence on what the scene represents though. If the corridor went straight the whole way through I would 100% agree, but theres a bend in it which means if it is a shaft, its not completely vertical (I get why there is a bend, but still don’t know if I buy it). I always thought you were traveling through the hotel horizontally to enter the elevator shaft that disappeared when lightning stuck the hotel. Maybe the scene is supposed to be abstract with no clear meaning. But what do I know.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No need to touch the TZ theme, just fix what needs fixing. And if they activated the 5th drop sequence in the process, all the better. :D

And I'd be one happy camper if "EVIL TOWER U R DOOMED" returned... :happy: It's exactly those kinds of little things that are missed or glossed over these days.

trainplane3

Just watched this amd it look like the lights still are rotated. Also right when the star field at the end splits before heading into the drop shaft, there are sideways elevator doors on the left side of the vehicle, I’ve never noticed that before. I’m still on the fence on what the scene represents though. If the corridor went straight the whole way through I would 100% agree, but theres a bend in it which means if it is a shaft, its not completely vertical (I get why there is a bend, but still don’t know if I buy it). I always thought you were traveling through the hotel horizontally to enter the elevator shaft that disappeared when lightning stuck the hotel. Maybe the scene is supposed to be abstract with no clear meaning. But what do I know.

I...wow. I never that was the intention of this scene. I've ridden it so many times and never knew that. Now it actually means something more then "lets go to another dimension wacky time". Anyways, don't touch it. The ride is perfect as is*.

*except for that missing drop profile and some effects.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Boiler room smoke system?:eek: Jeez, I never even knew that existed. Are there any other "missing effects" that made a big difference in the ride itself?
The three main long missing fx were the sparks falling off the exterior neon sign, a fog blanket under the walkways in the boiler room (that’s why the catwalks are elevated and the props are in "pits") and mist behind the glass in the 5th dimension.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom