Tower of Terror "new stories and effects" coming?

Snow Queen 83

I think Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster should both be Haunted/Gothic themed. They could easily turn the limo for the coaster into a hearse.

Disneyson

There's a few (Star Tours, Batuu, HM but not as formalized). Longtime Tower (now SWGE) Cast Member TJ helped draft this with WDI's blessing and used to teach the course called "A Bellhop's Guide to Etiquette."

The Great Movie Ride obviously had one, and Pandora has a special class you attend. Most rides have a section in training like this, but not nearly as detailed. For example, at Expedition Everest, one is told that Himalayan Adventures (LLC)does not believe in the Yeti. Hope your trip is “legendary”, though. I believe in Fantasyland you are told not to insert yourself into the stories of the Princesses, but act as though they are local celebrities that you’ve never met - things like that.

itsy bitsy spider

You don’t any more speak for “most people” than do I....

I will speak for you and you'll like it. :p

You love long walks on the beach
Dancing to music you aren't supposed to dance to (like Celine Dion)

and watching "Swamp People" with your shirt off

swamppeople02-400x300.jpg

Epcot_Imagineer

I was just reading that one last week. Most attractions that have “other” languages and symbols have one too.
Any chance you could post some interesting extra parts of the Tower manual? There's someone building their own Tower in the Disney Creations at Home forums and think it's be neat to share with them if they're interested (and also for my own personal interest!).

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I will speak for you and you'll like it. :p

You love long walks on the beach
Dancing to music you aren't supposed to dance to (like Celine Dion)

and watching "Swamp People" with your shirt off

swamppeople02-400x300.jpg
As wrong there as you are about street entertainers and the Twilight Zone. But you stay classy....

Sir_Cliff

You would think that however if you rewatch the preshow you realise that it doesn't actually set up what to expect in the show part of the ride. All it sets up is that the maintenance service elevator is waiting for you... the little girl from the preshow video still appears so there is that connection.
I was lucky to get the three storylines when I was at DLP this past week and concur that the preshow does not feel at all out of place. You wouldn't know it was designed for a different version of the attraction if you hadn't been on it before.

Overall, the update worked fantastically and improved the DLP version of ToT immensely, IMO. It's certainly a far creepier ride now and the guests I rode it with seemed suitably terrified!

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I was lucky to get the three storylines when I was at DLP this past week and concur that the preshow does not feel at all out of place. You wouldn't know it was designed for a different version of the attraction if you hadn't been on it before.

Overall, the update worked fantastically and improved the DLP version of ToT immensely, IMO. It's certainly a far creepier ride now and the guests I rode it with seemed suitably terrified!

But no Mark Silverman narration in any of them. Sigh.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Honest question, why is the Mark Silverman narration important? I know he did the sound-a-like for Rod Serling but I don't know if there is more to it?

It ties the preshow video and the ride together and just sounds so cool. The new ride profiles of DLPs tower look fun but the pacing seems all over the place.

RaveOnEd

I was watching the DSNY Newscast from @przidentkendall as well, showing parts of the storylines, and I think it actually fits within what could be The Twilight Zone without having to name it completely.

The storylines convey that vibe and creepy style that TZ always had. Think about it: when something weird happens in the real world, a lot of times people will do the "Doo Da Doo Doo" notes of the TZ theme, and not even have to say it by name.

Using the storylines and TZ font can easily transform the ride to not need the trademark anymore if Disney or CBS doesn't want to have it used anymore.

To me, it's a change that works well. I'm glad you got to see the storylines in person. They look really nicely done!

IveBeenJack

I was watching the DSNY Newscast from @przidentkendall as well, showing parts of the storylines, and I think it actually fits within what could be The Twilight Zone without having to name it completely.

The storylines convey that vibe and creepy style that TZ always had. Think about it: when something weird happens in the real world, a lot of times people will do the "Doo Da Doo Doo" notes of the TZ theme, and not even have to say it by name.

Using the storylines and TZ font can easily transform the ride to not need the trademark anymore if Disney or CBS doesn't want to have it used anymore.

To me, it's a change that works well. I'm glad you got to see the storylines in person. They look really nicely done!

It's a good point, and certainly something worth thinking about, but as I stated in the video, per insiders like @marni1971, there are no changes planned for Tower of Terror at WDW that have been mentioned as of yet. The video was more of an interesting case study, comparing the changes to what was there before and thinking about why such changes would take place.

RaveOnEd

It's a good point, and certainly something worth thinking about, but as I stated in the video, per insiders like @marni1971, there are no changes planned for Tower of Terror at WDW that have been mentioned as of yet. The video was more of an interesting case study, comparing the changes to what was there before and thinking about why such changes would take place.
It's a really interesting point made. I would love to see this as a change if needed. The only thing that would need to be worked with is the Fifth Dimension section when you go horizontally to the drop. Some spooky noises and voices along this part could work, things that would be mixes and mashups of the voices and noises from each storyline all mixed together to freak people out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom