Tower of Terror effects status watch

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Don't forget about the projectors for the hallway scene still displaying in full black & white for more than 2 years.
View attachment 759274
There has not been any noticeable changes/fixes to show effects at all recently, its like they are either too scared to touch it again or can't be bothered anymore.
Wait, this has been showing in black and white for two years? It currently looks like this? Somebody let the site that isn't named know...Disney usually fixes stuff after they point out things like this.

Rodj

Wait, this has been showing in black and white for two years? It currently looks like this? Somebody let the site that isn't named know...Disney usually fixes stuff after they point out things like this.
That and the ghost projection. What would be the best way to contact them? I tried replying on Twitter once but got no response.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
That and the ghost projection. What would be the best way to contact them? I tried replying on Twitter once but got no response.
Their writers all have email addresses that are [first name]@w D w N t.com, so you could try that! I'm thinking Shannen Ace (that is the correct spelling) or Katie Francis might be the best bets. They post most of the day-to-day stories. Of course you could always go right to the top... Tom Corless.

Chef Mickey

Their writers all have email addresses that are [first name]@w D w N t.com, so you could try that! I'm thinking Shannen Ace (that is the correct spelling) or Katie Francis might be the best bets. They post most of the day-to-day stories. Of course you could always go right to the top... Tom Corless.
None of these people care enough or have the power to make a change. Unless it’s some woke agenda item, no action is taken. If it is, it’s priority #1. Insane management.

Bumping my own thread because I think more of these threads should get off the ground.

On a recent visit to ToT:
- the TV in my library has been replaced with what appears to be a backlit LCD TV (placed behind the old-timey TV facade). It looks bad. For one thing, CRT TVs have the advantage of being able to appear "off" even if they are not, except in perhaps pitch black lighting. Currently, no HDTV can do that. So the TV is obviously on when you walk into the room, and during the show it was blindingly bright.
- Also, the sound in the library was so quiet, there was little more than quiet idle mumbles, but I could barely hear the show at all.
- The boiler room lights were at "work light" levels - way too bright, so the creepy ambiance was lost.
- I rode "Alpha" (far left), all in all everything looked and sounded okay until after the drop sequence. After that, the audio was garbled.
An OLED tv could have absolute blacks and appear off, but dont think they make small OLEDs that could fit behind the olf TV fascade.

Rodj

Any status updates on how Tower is running these days?
Still just as bad as before, literally nothing has been done with any show element. I was there in March and unfortunately the one person from the leadership team I spoke to last time wasn’t there when I went.
From one of the coordinators that I spoke to, they had a contact with someone on the maintenance team, and they mentioned that they had to turn down the color contrast of the new projectors as it was distorting the projection with the colors. There was supposedly a fix they were working on(why not just get decent projectors?), as well as wanting to fix some other effects but upper management(TDO?) is making it difficult. As much as I want to believe this, part of me feels like they were bluffing.
The current WDW administration as some other people described is that everything must have an ROI for them to invest in something.
I’m currently making a script for my video about Tower’s condition because I want to spread out the word more. It’s gonna be a pretty long video.

Rodj

I forgot to mention, on my previous visits there was a lamppost in the queue that had one of its lens broken for a while. On my March visit, I saw that instead of replicating the lens properly, they just screwed on a cheap generic light diffuser lens to it.
This is the definition of cheap:
IMG_0454.jpeg

RoadiJeff

I wonder why they didn't take a good lens from another side or from a different post and put it there and then put that ugly patch somewhere in a less noticeable location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom