TouringPlans - Would it be worth it?

HouCuseChickie

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it for us to sign up for Touringplans. I understand they provide a service that's useful for many, but if we've already decided which parks we're going to visit each day- regardless of crowds- is there any benefit for us to sign up? :confused: We're traveling with 2 young children and plan on this being a much slower paced trip. Any thoughts???

Testtrack321

It'd be worth it if you had a week long trip JUST to have the availability of the Lines app, but that's only handy if you have an iPhone or other device that can get on the web.

Upvote 0

KnK

Went with my family for a couple of days to help out. My sister used the system and I thought they wasted their money. Being a veteran of the parks, I thought it created more confusion than anything else. They ended up abandoning the pages after the first day.

Part of the issue is that you never know what the day will hold, something down, line longer than they predict, kids not wanting to follow the plan.

The tip boards ended up working better.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

I agree, you'd probably do better just using Fast Passes and looking at the Tip Boards. Why not just take things as they come, if its something with a long line either Fast Pass it and come back later and then move on to the next attraction. With crowds, the weather and whats open and not, its probably best.

Upvote 0

redfive13

I would want the freedom take some extra time where I wanted it and not be worried about falling off of "schedule".

I agree that with tipboards, fastpasses and a gameplan of what you want to do in each park (with kids you have to prioritize a little) you be just fine. Relax, you'll be on vacation!!

Upvote 0

DisneyVolFan519

TouringPlans response

If you already have your trip planned out, I definitely wouldn't do it. Like others have said, Fast Passes and the Tip Boards are the way to go.

The only good thing I liked about their site was the crowd level calendar. That used to be free, but now you have to be a paying member of the site to see anything more than a month into the future. :brick:

Sorry if that last part was a bit off topic (personal axe had to be grinded :)).

Upvote 0

Princess Clayre

I've got the basis subscription and have found it very useful in all the planning and I love the lines app but if you've already decided what your doing and don't intend to change there's probably not much point.

Upvote 0

mp2bill

I would want the freedom take some extra time where I wanted it and not be worried about falling off of "schedule".

I agree that with tipboards, fastpasses and a gameplan of what you want to do in each park (with kids you have to prioritize a little) you be just fine. Relax, you'll be on vacation!!

Too true.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

If you already have your trip planned out, I definitely wouldn't do it. Like others have said, Fast Passes and the Tip Boards are the way to go.

The only good thing I liked about their site was the crowd level calendar. That used to be free, but now you have to be a paying member of the site to see anything more than a month into the future. :brick:

Sorry if that last part was a bit off topic (personal axe had to be grinded :)).

Yeah, I used to use the crowd level calendar too, but one thing I have noticed over the years is that at least half the time I didn't even really think their predictions came close to matching what we ended up experiencing.

However, we're big park hoppers (or at least we have been, who knows how often we'll be able to swing that now with a baby,) so we usually just used it as a guideline and if we felt like whichever park we were at was too crowded, we just left and went to a different one after a couple of hours. So for us personally, TouringPlans has always been more informational than something we've built a whole vacation plan off of.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Sounds like we'll skip Touringplans. Fast Passes, Tip Boards, and a personal plan involving our "must do" attractions was our initial strategy- so it sounds like it's the way to go for us. Thanks again!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

uradoll

Personally, I love the touring plans. It gives you a good feel for the traffic flow in the parks. You don't have to follow it to the letter, but the time that you save not waiting in lines gives you more time for the fun detours along the way. Use them more as a guideline.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it for us to sign up for Touringplans. I understand they provide a service that's useful for many, but if we've already decided which parks we're going to visit each day- regardless of crowds- is there any benefit for us to sign up? :confused: We're traveling with 2 young children and plan on this being a much slower paced trip. Any thoughts???
In all the time we have gone, 22 visits since 1997, we have never done any kind of touring plans. We have always followed our instincts, and be spotaneous. It works out much better especially if a certain attraction is backed up, always have a second or third choice, and always take a break during the day, go back to your room, nap or sit by the pool and people watch, so many things to do by not planning them

Upvote 0

tjkref418

I think the access to the lines app, if you have a compatiable phone is very much worth the investment. Many have mentioned the tips board, and this app allows you to have a constant update on wait times.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I've never used a touring plan, but I do love the site. I use the crowd calendar and Lines... heck, I love looking at Lines from home to see how the parks are doing!

The crowd calendar has recently been revamped and is easier to understand now. The old calendar wasn't measuring the crowd level of each park all day, it was measuring what the peak wait time at the MK mountains would be. The new calendar tries to predict the total crowds.

http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=258

Upvote 0

ann0d

I'm a planning nut, so I love Touring Plans. Always works out well, but I don't stick them completely, just kind of a guide, if something else comes up, we go for it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom