touring plans may hours????

disneyliv85

What would make it be a 9 in May? It seems like all Spring Breaks should be over and all the kiddos would be in school for the rest of the month. Is there something I'm forgetting?

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

the parks have actually been pretty crowded this year. Profits may be down (people aren't spending as much as they used to) but attendance has actually been up thus far for 2009. Lots of people booked the 4/3 deal.

Upvote 0

KC82271

This is my 4th year going the last couple days of April into the first couple of May. It has always been empty (once grad night people left). I was blown away to see 8 & 9s for that week.

I did read somewhere during the week that May 1st is DHS's 20th Anniversary - so that may be playing a part in the increase too.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We've been going the first week of May the last 3 years too, I haven't really noticed any real increase in crowds.

The parks have never really been empty during those times, but comparitively speaking It hasn't really been super packed either. -

The predictions of 8 and 9s out of 10 seem pretty extreme for this time of year.

Ahhh who knows!!?? I am probably just trying to rationalize and I'm trying not to admit that I'm probably going to be fighting some HUGE crowds!!:cry:

Upvote 0

TinkerBelle8878

I'm also worried but when looking at the list on touringplans, I notice that it's probably just a placeholder number. Why is late April 7s? As far as I know, there are no spring breaks in early to mid May. Colleges aren't over yet. There are still finals and graduations until around the 20s of the month. Schools aren't out yet. There's no reason for the numbers to be in the 8s and 9s. Parents are far more likely to take their kids out two months before school ends than 1 month especially when attached to a vacation time or a three day weekend like Memorial Day.

The only time that should be this high a number is Memorial Day weekend. That thursday, friday, sat., sun, and then mon and tues. after.

I just checked on disneyworld.com for all the resorts and they all have openings for the week I'm going (5/12-5/19) There have been times in the past when trying to plan a last minute trip and there's nothing available except for conceierge in Deluxe resorts. That's not the case now.

Someone either on wdwmagic or disboards have said that they've had no problems with ADRs and changing them for early to mid may. Doesn't sound like 8 or 9s to me.

Upvote 0

Thorphin

Keep in mind that the way that touringplans calculates their crowd ratings. Namely, they are based on wait times for the major attractions at MK. While there's no doubt that attendance is up, Space Mountain closing will likely affect crowd levels at MK and might possibly affect the crowd predictions disproportionately.

Time will tell!

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I'm also worried but when looking at the list on touringplans, I notice that it's probably just a placeholder number. Why is late April 7s? As far as I know, there are no spring breaks in early to mid May. Colleges aren't over yet. There are still finals and graduations until around the 20s of the month. Schools aren't out yet. There's no reason for the numbers to be in the 8s and 9s. Parents are far more likely to take their kids out two months before school ends than 1 month especially when attached to a vacation time or a three day weekend like Memorial Day.

The only time that should be this high a number is Memorial Day weekend. That thursday, friday, sat., sun, and then mon and tues. after.

I just checked on disneyworld.com for all the resorts and they all have openings for the week I'm going (5/12-5/19) There have been times in the past when trying to plan a last minute trip and there's nothing available except for conceierge in Deluxe resorts. That's not the case now.

Someone either on wdwmagic or disboards have said that they've had no problems with ADRs and changing them for early to mid may. Doesn't sound like 8 or 9s to me.

I was one of the people who had no trouble making ADR's. I got everything I wanted, and have even changed & added things recently. We also got the hotel & room type we wanted. I'm surprised to see 9's in there too.

I wonder (and I have no idea for sure) if Touring Plans using the amount of reservations booked at the hotels to make an estimate. I don't know if they would have access to that info or not, but it would be a great way to figure out crowd levels. If all the resorts and nearly booked, due to the 4/3 deal, than that would be a good indicator of high crowds.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom