Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, etc...

SleepingMonk

Original Poster
Anyone else into these?

We've done Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder, signed up for Spartan Race on 4/23 in Miami. Also signed up for the Expedition Everest Challenge which is quite a bit uh....lower key, but should be fun.

For us, regular runs just don't have the same thrill.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Anyone else into these?

We've done Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder, signed up for Spartan Race on 4/23 in Miami. Also signed up for the Expedition Everest Challenge which is quite a bit uh....lower key, but should be fun.

I wanted to compete in the one in north Georgia, but the price tag was a little steep and Id have to drive 6 hours one way. If they came a little closer to Bham, Id do it in a heartbeat.

Phonedave

Anyone else into these?

I plan on doing a Warrior Dash this summer. There is also a Muddy Buddies up by me that I would like to do if I can rope somone into being a 'buddy'

-dave

fmingo36

I wanted to do the Tough Mudder in Allentown, PA in April but it was sold-out. Trying to get a group of friends to sign up for the RUN-A-MUCK run in Philly the beginning of May. I haven't done anything like it yet but it does sound like it would be fun to do with some friends.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I'll stick with my ultra in March, and then I'll see what's next. There's a Muddy Marathon in NJ after the ultra, perhaps I will look into that.

DisneyRunner

There was a Dirty Girl in Wisconsin last August. It sold out quickly. It's coming again to Wisconsin, but with a different course location.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
There was a Dirty Girl in Wisconsin last August. It sold out quickly. It's coming again to Wisconsin, but with a different course location.

That's because Warrior Dash came in and took it. Both events are being held the same day.

Also...that's the day of the Madison Mini-Marathon, so I'll probably pull double-duty that day.

I'll also be doing the Tough Mudder in Wisconsin this year :)

dreamfinder

The Warrior Dash I did last year ended up getting on the news after the event. Turns out a ton of people ended up with what was dubbed "the warrior rash". It sounds like there was some little in the woods where they held it that loved the mud and worked kinda like athletes foot. Now admittedly Warrior Dash says that they bring in water/dirt to make the actual mud pits so it wasn't caused by that, but rather the 3-6 inches of mud that occurred naturally due to the rain all over the entire course that caused the problems. Unfortunately the Spartan Race takes place at the same venue, so it looks like I may try some smaller local events that take place elsewhere. It was fun, but definitely ended up becoming more of just a trudge through mud than actually running an obstacle course.

Kristia

I wanted to do the Tough Mudder in Allentown, PA in April but it was sold-out. Trying to get a group of friends to sign up for the RUN-A-MUCK run in Philly the beginning of May. I haven't done anything like it yet but it does sound like it would be fun to do with some friends.

There is also the Merrell Down and Dirty in Philadelphia in July. I have done that 2 years in a row and will do it again this year. You can chose a 10k course or a 5k. We have done the 5k. I don't think it is quite as difficult as a Warrior Dash or Tough Mudder but it is challenging and a lot of fun!

popsicletrees

I wanted to compete in the one in north Georgia, but the price tag was a little steep and Id have to drive 6 hours one way. If they came a little closer to Bham, Id do it in a heartbeat.

My husband is actually signed up to run this Tough Mudder next weekend. We are driving 4.5 hours one way for it. He is going with a team of 7 other guys. He is really excited to run it. I'm going to watch and take photos.

Mickey&Minnie

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just did a warrior dash this past weekend in Jackson MS. It was so much fun and plan on signing up again for one that is in Baton Rouge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom