Totally booked!?!

Michael4459

Original Poster
I am planning a last minute trip to WDW 12/5 - 12/9. My wife and I want to get away with the kids and we thought a Christmas themed Disney World would be unforgettable. However when we went to look for rooms not 1 room showed up. We even called and the agent said nothing is available.

Can this really be true? Everything I read says this is a very slow week at WDW, but every room is booked!?

I keep telling myself maybe they haven't opened some rooms up or the site is being very glitchy. BUT if all rooms are really booked and we got something off property are the parks going to be packed??!!

Any advice from the Disney experts would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Haven't been any non-deluxe resort openings the first week of December for a month now, except for a scattered day here or there, which, of course, is not really bookable for a week-long vacation.

Clamman73

I am planning a last minute trip to WDW 12/5 - 12/9. My wife and I want to get away with the kids and we thought a Christmas themed Disney World would be unforgettable. However when we went to look for rooms not 1 room showed up. We even called and the agent said nothing is available.

Can this really be true? Everything I read says this is a very slow week at WDW, but every room is booked!?

I keep telling myself maybe they haven't opened some rooms up or the site is being very glitchy. BUT if all rooms are really booked and we got something off property are the parks going to be packed??!!

THANK YOU
Probably seeing a combination of it being Pop Warner Dec 2-9th and that a building of Pop Century rooms probably not available due to refurbishment.

Last edited:
I've been having the same issue - glad to hear I'm not the only one. There's basically zero availability with the AP discount in November and December. I've been both the first and second weekend in December previously, and crowds were always manageable, with decent hotel availability. Not sure what's going on, but It's looking like I won't be having a Very Disney Christmas this year.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

THANK YOU
No such thing anymore. Crowds levels at WDW these days tend to start at "busy" and work their way up from there.

drwadadli

This doesn't surprise me. My wife and I went down the same week you are looking at in 2015 and despite it being the "slower" time of the year, it was still really busy. Also, the value resorts are booked solid due to Pop Warner so that takes 3 - 5 resorts out of the options immediately. I would just keep trying if I were you or consider one of the hotels near Disney Springs.

wannabeBelle

Also keep in mind that this is Pop Warner Week at WDW, so a LOT of resort rooms are full. Can you be a little flexible with the dates?? Look the week before or the week after, you will still have your holiday vibe, just hopefully at a quieter time!! Marie

the_rich

I'm going 12/8 to 12/12 and I think this is really a case of pop Warner and the cheer leading competition making it seem busier than it actually is. Because when I search for dining reservations there are still alot of options. So while the resorts may be booked I don't think the parks will be overly crowded.

wdwfan757

I called and was told it was because of the cheerleading competition. I've gone this time of year the last 3 years in a row, so I'm a little mindblown. But it's been showing basically no-availability the first 2 weekends in december for about a month now.

A.D.D. Boy

THANK YOU
Bay Lake Tower shows Lake View Deluxe Studio for $559/nt online for 12/5-12/9

FWIW

TXDisney

We go this time of the year almost every year. We are going Dec.6th-10th this year and staying at The Swan. But availability when we booked 2 months ago was slim, luckily we got what we wanted but even when we tried back then our only choices were really The Swan or POR. I will say that this time of the year used to be slower, but now it's crowded.

MickeyMomV

Everything I read says this is a very slow week at WDW, but every room is booked!?
Keep in mind a "very slow week at WDW" does not exist anymore. There is only really busy, extremely busy, and out of control busy. People keep talking about how attendance has been decreasing but I have not seen any evidence of that. And hotel occupancy for the next 6-12 months is proof that things are just as busy as they have ever been.

hayuk

We have gone during the first 2 weeks of December for about 12 years in a row mostly staying at PORS. I have always been able to wait for the offer email to come out in June and make ressies either right away or by early August at the latest and get a nice discount. This year, there has been no rooms at PORS at all and for the last month pretty much nothing under 500/night at any resort. So, we are resigned to staying off site this year though I keep checking several times/day. Hoping this is a one year issue because of the section of Carribean Beach that has been demolished and the aforementioned refurbishment at Pop Century. :/

For many years my family always goes the first or second week in December, but we booked almost a year in advance. A friend of mine
was thinking about meeting us down there and she and I checked for her and hit the same road block. We tried with the weekend taken out of the booking and had more luck. It looked like to me they had random openings but you couldn't get all the days you needed if they included the weekend. She is coming but now thinks she may have to stay off site. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom