ToT Fight!!!

Cosmic Commando

Also, the "This is DISNEYLAND!!!" woman:

1. You're in California Adventure.

2. If you walked 100ft in the other direction, you probably would've had no idea this was going on. Yet, she stayed to watch, and I'm sure it "ruined her whole day".

G00fyDad

Did anyone else see the coverage of this on Jane Velez Mitchells news show on the HLN network the other night??

No, I love HLN but Jane Velez Mitchell and Nancy Grace make me want to punch something, or someone. They make me sick and I cannot look at them for more than 2 seconds. What did the Queen of Information have to say about the situation?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No, I love HLN but Jane Velez Mitchell and Nancy Grace make me want to punch something, or someone. They make me sick and I cannot look at them for more than 2 seconds. What did the Queen of Information have to say about the situation?

Nancy Grace has always irritated me too. I can't quite put my finger on the exact reason.

alissafalco

here is thAppalling video of adults behaving badly, very badly.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A video posted on YouTube.com shows a 53-year- old man shouting obscenities and punching a Disney employee.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (EXPLETIVE DELETED)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Stop. There are kids here.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: That`s completely inappropriate. There`s so many children that are going to Disneyland, visiting out of town.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I think this guy has been drinking vodka.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Whether or not the alcohol was the catalyst for what caused the argument, I don`t know.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Get down on the ground. Get down on the ground. This is ridiculous.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It`s unfortunate it progressed that far that they had to jump in.

(EXPLETIVE DELETED)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Where is security? I don`t believe it.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HLN HOST: The happiest place on earth? Really? Violence exploded at the happiest place on earth. A man gets into a brawl with a Disney cast member and it`s all caught on video, of course.

Good evening everyone. Jane Velez-Mitchell back with you live from New York.

This happened at Disney`s California Adventure, literally right next to Disneyland outside the Tower of Terror ride. A scene of real terror with little kids watching this craziness. Somebody recorded the whole thing and put it on YouTube, of course.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Probably this guy (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Calm down.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Stop. My God. What are you, drunk? Stop.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Come on stop.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Watch out dude.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The Disney employee doused the man on the ground with pepper spray. Then he didn`t stay down. Watch as the fight continues while bystanders screamed "Security, security".

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I hope you (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Stop. Get down on the ground. Get down on the ground. This is ridiculous.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The Disney guest in this brawl, Glenn Horlacher booked for assault and battery then released on a citation. Anaheim police tell us, they`re not releasing any incident reports as the investigation is active.

And Mr. Horlacher, you are invited on our show to give your side of the story. But I want to hear from our viewers at home, 1-877-JVM-SAYS. I`ve been to the Tower of Terror. I thought it was a fun ride.

Straight out to Ulysses Floyd one the famed violent interrupters in Chicago; Ulysses, what does this say about our culture that this kind of violence now is breaking out at a Disney theme park?

ULYSSES FLOYD, CEASEFIRE SUPERVISOR: Well, first of all, I`d like to say that violence is a learned behavior. And clearly, this man has some issues. Whether he was impaired by alcohol or some substance abuse altered his mind or whatever, he clearly had issues. And at Ceasefire, we don`t deal with issues or conditions. We try to change the mind set of our violence. We teach them that is not the norm.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I agree. Let`s take a look at this again. Then we`re going to talk to a former prosecutor who has five children, the one and only Wendy Murphy. Because this is supposed to be a haven from this kind of thing; this is where you take your kids where the world is a happy place.

Listen to this scene from YouTube. A woman watching the fight, she is outraged that this is happening in front of kids.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There are kids here. There are kids here.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Get down on the ground.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There are kids here. Do they not get that? You`re at Disneyland. Get down on the ground. You`re in Disneyland.

(INAUDIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There are kids here.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The parents standing around absolutely outraged that their kids are being exposed to this. We tell kids do not be violent. But why should they listen to us if they see adults around them fighting all the time? It`s do as I say, not do as I do. This guy is 53 years old.

Wendy Murphy, I know you`re a mother of five. What can we do to change this culture of violence?

WENDY MURPHY, FORMER PROSECUTOR: Boy, if I had the answer to that question. A lot of it has to do with money, Jane, as you know. Obviously, if we`ve reached a stage where this is happening at Disneyland, things are way past out of control. I`ve been in Disneyland and waited a long time for rides that made me crazy and still people are sweating and they still don`t engage in any aggression or violence, you think, at that one safe place. And kids should be able to go to some place where they are not forced to, you know, experience video games or fighting.

I mean I don`t know what`s wrong with our culture. I think the concept of civility has been flushed down the toilet in this country a long time ago. It`s primarily about the fact that we constantly put profits over civility, over the nature of humanity. And, you know, if I were in charge, if I owned a network, I would be putting very different things in media. I would be selling different kinds of video games. I`d be putting different kinds of things on television.

But I don`t own a network, Jane. And I think, you know, you show videos like this and you condemn it and you scream and yell about it. You still, nevertheless because it`s coming from the Internet where millions of people are going to watch it and in a sense celebrate it -- some adults were laughing, laughing about this. You can hear them.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Well, adults in name only.

(CROSSTALK)

MURPHY: How do you teach a child against that pressure?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Take a look at this scene because this is what I asked myself. Did this Disney employee act appropriately? Or did he sort of go to town with the pepper spray? Watch this very carefully from YouTube.

After the initial fight, the guy who appears drunk is just sort of standing there. I don`t know if he us, but he appears that way, just standing there. Watch this very carefully.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: That`s enough.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I hope you (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sprayed it on the eyes.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Stop. Get down on the ground. Get down on the ground. This is ridiculous.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Judge Karen, you saw it right there. The guy is standing around. So maybe he`s intoxicated. He was originally inappropriate. He gets up and he`s kind of like this. Then out of nowhere, the employee sprays him again with pepper spray. I have actually been sprayed with pepper spray because I`ve been a reporter too long and they`ve done everything to me.

JUDGE KAREN MILLS FRANCIS: It just got out of hand. The portion of the video I saw from the beginning, it started with the 53-year-old guy cursing at the guard. It didn`t start with him throwing a swing.

My other question about this, we have to look at Disney. They don`t serve alcohol at that park, which means that this guy had to come on to the park wasted or he came on to the park and got drunk because he brought something in. I kind of doubt that.

But I don`t think this is an issue about violence. This guy is 53 years old. He grew up in a town where there weren`t any video games and a lot of violence on TV. I don`t want to say you were blaming it on the alcohol, but that`s what we`re doing.

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, unfortunately, as a recovering alcoholic, I can tell you that alcohol does create -- alcohol or drugs create most of the problems that we covered on our show -- or greed, those three things.

Here`s the Disney statement. Our security cast member was taken to a local hospital where he was treated for the injuries he sustained and then released. We appreciate the actions of the guests who came to his aid during this uncharacteristic incident."

And I do agree it`s uncharacteristic. I love Disneyland. I`ve had a great time there. And it is for the most part the happiest place on earth. Not to knock Disneyland, but it`s more like these people and their behavior.

Cody in Pennsylvania, your question or thought.

CODY, PENNSYLVANIA (via telephone): Hey, Jane. I`m watching the show right now. A friend of mine actually e-mailed this to me earlier. I`m really surprised to see something like this end up in a random -- I`m surprised the guy actually ended up like getting up as many times as he did. But I really don`t think this is appropriate behavior for an amusement park. I have seen stuff like this go on right in front of my eyes. I don`t know. I`m glad he got arrested and I`m glad he didn`t --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Cody, I think you make a good point. Here`s my point. I`m wondering if these kinds of things have always gone on. But now with these little guys, we`re starting to see it more.

Maybe there`s an opportunity because I think that when you shine the spotlight on something and you analyze it, you can reveal it for what it is and do something about it. I think brawls have been going on since there were fists. And now we`re starting to see the level of violence that exists in humanity.

Thank you, panel.

e transcript from her show coverage of the fight

G00fyDad

here is thAppalling video of adults behaving badly, very badly.......

.......Thank you, panel.

e transcript from her show coverage of the fight

LOL Kind of took that and ran with it huh? :) Anyway, the woman gets on my nerves. I cannot stand listening to her or Nancy Grace. Too bad they are both on one of my favorite channels. :(

I guess when it comes right down to it Disney is a place just like any other where something like this can happen. Sure, the guy was a jerk. Sure, it took Disney Security a very long time to get there. But this same thing could have played out anywhere. Disney doesn't like it when someone dies on their property (I know, I know... "no one dies on Disney property. They die at the hospital.") but it does happen. And if you listen to Big Al, Disney Security were elsewhere taking care of other issues at the same time this happened. To be honest, this could have been far worse and someone seeing this in person would not have let this ruin their day, let alone vacation. The way I look at it is... "Hey, **** happens!" :)

alissafalco

LOL Kind of took that and ran with it huh? :) Anyway, the woman gets on my nerves. I cannot stand listening to her or Nancy Grace. Too bad they are both on one of my favorite channels. :(

I guess when it comes right down to it Disney is a place just like any other where something like this can happen. Sure, the guy was a jerk. Sure, it took Disney Security a very long time to get there. But this same thing could have played out anywhere. Disney doesn't like it when someone dies on their property (I know, I know... "no one dies on Disney property. They die at the hospital.") but it does happen. And if you listen to Big Al, Disney Security were elsewhere taking care of other issues at the same time this happened. To be honest, this could have been far worse and someone seeing this in person would not have let this ruin their day, let alone vacation. The way I look at it is... "Hey, **** happens!" :)

I hear ya, and I totally agree...I just couldn't believe it after seeing the video posted here and then later that night nasty Jane Velez Mitchell doing a segment on it!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom