Tornado in Disney?

donsullivan

Premium Member
local weather reports suggest that there were indications of one north of disney (not confirmed yet), but nothing confirmed within the Disney property.

brkgnews

A severe thunderstorm with indications of rotation within passed over the WDW resort property this morning. So far there are no indications that there was an actual tornado (though there was one a few counties southwest). The heaviest portion of the storm passed just north of the EPCOT parking lots...
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6599/flstorm20090414img01.png
There was rotation indicated on the radar just north of the MK north service area, but it frankly didn't look that impressive on radar to me. The National Weather Service reports that nickel size hail was reported in Kissimmee, and the weather station there showed a wind gust of approx 55MPH.

No damage reported... really no worse than any other thunderstorm that could typically roll through on a spring/summer day.

MyLittleAngels

There was a tornado that touched down in Pasco county, west of Lake County, and it was supposed to be in the Windermere/Winter Garden area, but I never heard/saw it, and aside from the storms passing through, it's been decently quiet here ... Even brightening up a bit in the past half hour.

There was a tornado warning in the tourist corridor, but there was nothing significant to report.

nope it was suppose to come across winter garden didn't make it went to the south of winter garden north of disney pretty strong storm though it was pretty dark here for a while.

Pioneer Hall

but specifically, do they close down the attractions, limit movement, lock people down in cafes????

I am not positive as to what the actual plans entail, but I would assume that if there was an imminent weather threat they would take people to designated areas that are safe for such things. I don't think people would be allowed to walk around or ride attractions until Disney determined that it was 100% safe again to do so.

Or Disney has the ability to completely stop tornadoes in their tracks :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom