Tornado in Disney?

I'm a teacher in Kissimmee and the tornado sirens came on in school today. The kids, obviously, were freaking out.

No biggie, it was just a warning - meaning we had to close the shutters and we needed to have indoor recess and Phys. Ed.

EpcotServo

There's never a need to be worried about Storms in the parks.

Seriously. Safest place you can be is in any one of the Showbuildings.

goodtimes5286

There's never a need to be worried about Storms in the parks.

Seriously. Safest place you can be is in any one of the Showbuildings.
The best view is from the Astro Orbitor

Speaking of, if you we're at disney during the tornado, where would you most wanna be?

I'd prob wanna be in MILF. It's safe, there are seats, and I wanna see how long it takes before CM's start telling the dirty jokes i text them :king:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
:lol:

That's just the power of Bill Paxton unleashed.

:lookaroun

(Great Avi by the way Jenn! :D )
Bill Paxton, much like Rick Moranis, has power and fury beyond human understanding.

(Thanks for the avatar comment! Long live Horizons!)

Speaking of, if you we're at disney during the tornado, where would you most wanna be?

I'd prob wanna be in MILF. It's safe, there are seats, and I wanna see how long it takes before CM's start telling the dirty jokes i text them :king:
Ooo, cool idea. I'd want to be stranded in Impressions de France. Comfy, padded seats. Soothing music. The lights get turned down. Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a siesta!

brkgnews

Safety weasel weather geek in me says, the utilidors. :king:

disney9752

As an interesting note to this topic.... I have an Old like late 70's emergency evacuation manual for mk. It highlights what "tunnel" stairways should be used for what areas, how many guests per minute a single or double stairwell can handle, & how wdw monitored the weather back then before computers were so big in the process.

dandaman

I was tracking this on my spare today. :lol:

I know of at least a couple of people I knew doing live updates from SeaWorld today commenting on the tornado, but I don't know if they saw any rotation for sure.

WDWGuide

No, not me. Unfortunately tornados are not known for their precission

Yes, they are... It's just too bad that there isn't a trailer park close to Tomorrowland.

But seriously, having lived through an F3, those things are no fun. Thankfully, Tornadoes in Florida tend to be frequent, but not as intense as they are in the plains/Midwest.

Captain Hank

There was a brief portion of hail at Epcot around 10:00-ish, and the sky turned a pretty nasty shade of green, but other than that, not too bad besides a lot of thunder and lightning.

Dskipper

fyi

if there was a storm touch down when park is open. at mk. space mt. is a holding point for guest. most will be shoved into the tunnel and stair ways of the tunnel. space mt. is a 4 rating and tunnel i swear they said can stand a 5 due to it being the actual first floors and haveing about 16" of concert between the tunnel and were the park sits. now other parks. guests would be put into show building. likes rnr, tower, star tours, dino, nemo, and the show building around the country. everything is pre planed its called e-vac plan c. there is 3 evac plans. a is were everyone is taken out of the park from the front gates (for small issues). and b is get everyone out of the park quickly all back stage gates are open.( was used durning (9-11, bomb threat unless its in the front of park or parking lot) and c is get people into cover now. most things guests never think about disney already has a plan for just in case. you can trust me on that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom