Torn over Tusker House Character Bfast

kybred72

Original Poster
HI :wave:

I've always eaten my character breakfasts at Chef Mickey's becuse we enjoy the food and because you get to see a slew of main characters at this meal.

A prime opening for the Tusker House breakfast opened up on the day we were planning to go to AK.

We've never eaten at Tusker House and I'm reading reviews of the breakfast online but am so torn...give up a long time Chef Mickey's favorite and try something new or stick with the true and tested character meal at Chef Mickey's.

I guess I'm wondering is the food at these breakfasts really all that different? At Tusker House, is it basically the same breakfast food but just in a different atmosphere and characters in safari attire?

Thanks for your input!

bmarkelon

HI :wave:

I've always eaten my character breakfasts at Chef Mickey's becuse we enjoy the food and because you get to see a slew of main characters at this meal.

A prime opening for the Tusker House breakfast opened up on the day we were planning to go to AK.

We've never eaten at Tusker House and I'm reading reviews of the breakfast online but am so torn...give up a long time Chef Mickey's favorite and try something new or stick with the true and tested character meal at Chef Mickey's.

I guess I'm wondering is the food at these breakfasts really all that different? At Tusker House, is it basically the same breakfast food but just in a different atmosphere and characters in safari attire?

Thanks for your input!

You got it! We love both Tusker House and Chef Mickey's. We almost always do both. I say go for it, you definitely won't be disappointed. They serve some really yummy juice, I always forget the name! And Daisy Duck is there! That's a major plus for us. They have a couple carving stations, the ham is amazing!! You get a picture with Safari Donald...I can't remember if that one comes with the package or you have to pay extra?? Can't wait, we'll be there next month!! :slurp:

Mukta

I vote for trying something new. Tradition is all well and good, but there are so many great places to try at WDW.
Also, Tusker will be so convenient on your AK day.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We have done both and liked both if you got a premium time for tusker go for it. Tusker does have regular breakfast offerings but some unique items too. I loved the juice they give you when they seat you, can't remember the name of it though. You do have your picture taken with Donald before you are seated and I don't think it was connected to photo pass we had to buy ours at the restaurant when they guy came around to sell them.

HouCuseChickie

We had a bad experience at Tusker House and it's officially been moved to our "been there done that" list. While we had a number of issues...the worst for us was the characters- it was like everyone needed a few strong cups of coffee. That being said, everyone else I know and most people on here love it.

lighteningqueen

EVERYTHING is great about Tuskker. The characters are very patent and stay as long as they can. The food is the best. The eggs are so much better there and the Juice oh my the juice. is heavenly.. Chef Mickeys was bland and blah for us and we have never been back,.

MIKETFROMRI

We have been going to Tusker House ( previously restaurantasoris)..since our kids were small about 15 years. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Diane Hughess

Love, love, love Tusker House! We go every year. The food is great. I went to Chef Mickey's only once and didn't care for it. It was too loud, and it was one big room where you could see everything. Tusker is broken down into a lot of smaller rooms, so you never really know who's going to show up at your table next. I just wish they didn't take your photo when you walk in and try to sell it to you while you are eating. We drop enough $$ and don't appreciate the guilt of not paying $20 for one photo!

lighteningqueen

Last time we went in 2009 my hubby and I asked if we had to she said no and took us right in to eat breakfast. If you truly do not want to purchase the photo which by the way was 32.00 tax and all.Tell them you were just there 3 months ago and got one then. They let you go on in. I am looking so forward to Dec we will have our newest 2 year old granddughter and 2 1/2 year old grandson with us and are doing 2 times that trip and we will get pics this time

LOVE TUSKER BETTER THAN ANY OTHER BREAKFAST YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IF YOU ARE i WOULD BE SHOCKED

flynnibus

Premium Member
Tusker House is just as good as Chef Mickeys without the insanity to get in.

The only negative to Tusker is the waiting OUTSIDE in the heat vs waiting inside in the Contemp.

The real differences are 'in park' vs 'resort'... waiting inside vs outside... and characters in costume vs traditional outfits.

Tusker seems less stressful then Chef Mickeys IMO.

ob1thx1138

We ate at both last summer on our first trip and to be honest we enjoyed Tusker House more than Chef Mickeys. The food is all basically the same as all the buffets, but Tusker House has some extras that are really good. The juice is excellent and there is an amazing sauce that they serve with the fresh sliced ham. It was to die for.

Tusker House is now on our short list of character breakfasts that we would consider going back to including our favorite 1900 Park Fare. To be honest we liked Tusker house more for the food than for the characters because we prefer the interaction with the face characters.

goofysgurl

I love, love, love Tusker House. My kids (11,6,3 & 2) all agreed that it was better than Chef Mickey's - I think because the characters seem to spend more time with us and we didn't feel like the CM's were pushing out the door the minute we sat down. and I thought the food was better.

Rockford

We did the Tusker House in July 11, and we thought it was worth it. You get a picture before you go in with Donald Duck which is not part of the package. Something like $30 to get the pictures. The food was very good with a great assortment (anything you can imagine for breakfast). The characters get around to all the tables

me_stitch

Premium Member
we ate at Tusker House during our Dec. '08 trip and my whole family loved it. The food, the characters, and the atmosphere were all fantastic. We are going back in a couple months and it's our first adr on our first day.

CrazyaboutGoofy

We ate at the Tusker House last Nov for breakfast. It is one of our favorites. We also love the juice and so did my kids, which they only like Juicy Juice Strawberry-Kiwi. (They are very picky). The one thing we liked was after breakfast, we had 8:05 am reservations, we hopped right onto the Safari and the animals are really moving around, especially the lions. :sohappy:

Alexx

We've done Chef Mickeys before and now we're trying something new and going to the Tusker House. I'd recommend doing that!

kybred72

Original Poster
Thanks everybody! We're gonna give Tusker House a try for bfast! Looking forward to the carved ham and juice! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom