Top of the World Reopening Soon

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
1650634986446.png

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Hopefully the reimagining is a chance to make it more of a destination spot that has nice fireworks views. In the past, TOTWL was driven by fireworks instead of complemented by fireworks. California Grill is a great restaurant with nice fireworks views, and TOTWL was an okay space that people immediately left after fireworks. Some improvements to the space and menu with expanded hours would make it a great member only lounge that happens to also have great views. They've been looking for ways to monetize lounges even more and this fits in.

correcaminos

Yay! Did not get this email… 🙄

Edit: I’m glad it’s reopening (hopefully in time for our August stay at BLT) but a few more details would be welcome.
I am hoping for June. Will be nice to avoid crowds with one in my party who is newly diagnosed with a medical issue.

If more emails go out I will be glad to post links. I know not all get them.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm just curious what is being "reimagined"? No one has talked about any construction walls being up, so no physical changes except possibly for the seating. Unless someone knows about actual construction?

DisDadWoz

I am just happy it's going to reopen. Too late for this last trip but likely for the next time! With that said, I hope reimagined doesn't mean turning it into a reservation only dessert style situation.

nickys

Premium Member
When we were staying at Bay Lake, so for a week or so most trips, we would be up,there several evenings. Unless we were actually in the parks we would go up, have a platter (and the 7 layer cake - that’s compulsory I heard), along with a few beverages. Bay Lake Sunset for me!

I suspect there might be a book ahead policy and a charge per person perhaps. I’m just glad it’s re-opening for now!

correcaminos

I'm just curious what is being "reimagined"? No one has talked about any construction walls being up, so no physical changes except possibly for the seating. Unless someone knows about actual construction?
Probably needs some TLC after 2 years at minimum. I'd expect some new furnishings (easy to do) or reupholstered seating. New menu. Maybe new charges. Who knows.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I wonder how it will operate. Does reimagined mean paid experience? We’re staying at BLT in the fall and we have a BWV resale contract. Doubt we’ll be able to visit. Would be cool though.

Club Cooloholic

I wonder how it will operate. Does reimagined mean paid experience? We’re staying at BLT in the fall and we have a BWV resale contract. Doubt we’ll be able to visit. Would be cool though.
I really doubt it will be a paid experience since, that isn't going to make it more popular. I think it might get a little more theming, Lord knows what that would be, maybe they will add a coffee bar with pastries and maybe some breakfast snacks as welll? Honestly I could see that being very popular with guests who don't want to truck over to the main Contemporary or a pool bar.

nickys

Premium Member
I don’t see them making this blue card only. It never was before.

Paid is a possibility.

nickys

Premium Member
I really doubt it will be a paid experience since, that isn't going to make it more popular. I think it might get a little more theming, Lord knows what that would be, maybe they will add a coffee bar with pastries and maybe some breakfast snacks as welll? Honestly I could see that being very popular with guests who don't want to truck over to the main Contemporary or a pool bar.
Having breakfast snacks would mean they’d have to man the elevators in the mornings too. That’s adding expense to the running of it.

The issue is that most people went up solely for the fireworks. It was rare that we couldn’t find a table if we were up by 8pm. Somehow they need to increase the number of people staying for longer, or at least spending more.

As for theming, it already has the monorail mural which is gorgeous. And the Tomorrowland artwork. If they enhance that, then great. If they start adding the Incredibles then I’ll be mad.

One simple way might be to use the mobile bars they had at New Years and July 4th, and have them outside each night. That might encourage sales.

Another way might be that you have to be up say an hour before. More likely people would buy a drink if they’re hanging around for an hour.

Or you have to book to go up and it’s more of an “event” hence the charge.

Club Cooloholic

Having breakfast snacks would mean they’d have to man the elevators in the mornings too. That’s adding expense to the running of it.

The issue is that most people went up solely for the fireworks. It was rare that we couldn’t find a table if we were up by 8pm. Somehow they need to increase the number of people staying for longer, or at least spending more.

As for theming, it already has the monorail mural which is gorgeous. And the Tomorrowland artwork. If they enhance that, then great. If they start adding the Incredibles then I’ll be mad.

One simple way might be to use the mobile bars they had at New Years and July 4th, and have them outside each night. That might encourage sales.

Another way might be that you have to be up say an hour before. More likely people would buy a drink if they’re hanging around for an hour.

Or you have to book to go up and it’s more of an “event” hence the charge.
Maybe it can be reserved with a 2 drink minimum?

Club Cooloholic

That was the kind of thing I was thinking of. I’m sure they could come up with something that wouldn’t deter people but guarantees a certain revenue.
They could also figure out staffing that way as well based on reservations. I will say this for the breakfast, the community rooms are sometimes dead for long periods too but still staffed. Maybe having an elevator manned from 7 to 9 would not be a big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom