Top 5 Underrated Attractions

MKCP 1985

In making my list, I only considered attractions that (a) have no wait time at all except on the very busiest of days; (b) don't get major publicity and attention so won't ever show up in either the disney.com website or the Birnbaum book as "must see" attractions. Yet, each promises a break from the hordes/masses during your park visit, provides some comforts and leaves a mark such that years later you remember something positive about your visit to the attraction. Anything offering a fastpass was not even considered.

Thus, Magic Kingdom icons such as the Country Bear Jamboree and Buzz Lightyear are excluded, as are Disney-MGM Studios' Star Tours, and the major draws at each EPCOT FutureWorld Pavilion.

So without further ado, here is my list:

5. El Rio del Tiempo (Mexico's Tunnel of Love)
4. Carousel of Progress (All those audiomatronic sets and the CROWD rotates!)
3. Walt Disney World Monorail (Surprise! How bad would it be if THIS went away? And who doesn't want to sit in the front of one of these trains sometime?!)
2. Main Street Cinema (Where did YOU first actually see Steamboat Willie?)
1. TTA (Wedway People Movers to us old-timers takes you all over Tomorrowland in blue style)

Maybe I overdid it on transportation on my list, but at least I didn't include the WDW Railroad. Walt Disney was such a fan of the train that he had one in the back yard of his ranch home in California.

Pixie Duster

Originally posted by StevenT

3. Star Tours - I was reading the top 5 overrated thread and alot of people mentioned Star Tours. In defense, I must say it is a classic ride based on classic films. You simply can't change the first motion simulator. It would be like closing the first ever water park, oh wait Disney already did that.

Just so people don't think Disney did actually close the first ever water park, Wet n Wild on International Drive is the first ever water park.
http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/1997/03/31/story3.html

flyersmv

y does every 1 say wdw train thing is underrated......every1 gives it enough credit....we all know its a train for transportation and to llook around a little....

Pixie Duster

Originally posted by flyersmv
y does every 1 say wdw train thing is underrated......every1 gives it enough credit....we all know its a train for transportation and to llook around a little....

Maybe you are being funny, but sense there is no way to detect inlection and tone through this medium I will assume that you are not.

The WDW Railroad (all the Railroads in each of the MKs) represents Walt's legacy. Walt had a job selling candy on a train when he was younger. Mickey Mouse was created on the train ride back from New York. Steam trains themselve were a huge milestone in history. Plus I work with the train crew everyday, what a colorful bunch of men and women.

Just trying to show there is a bit more depth to the trains that being a means of transportation and a relaxing ride.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Not in any particular order

Cranium Command

MK Railroad

TTA

American Adventure

Multiple Country Movies (Canada, France, China) much malaigned but still cinematically beautiful and presenting sites I know I will never see otherwise.

Pixie Duster, I think StevenT was referring to the first Disney water park...a cute little water hole at Fort Wildnerness...in a simpler time.

Enderikari

Yeah, the TTA gets a bad rap... In fact, one of my favorite Disney moments involves the TTA....

A three hour nap, one of the most relaxing I have ever had, just what I needed after a long day. Kind Cast Members let me stay on for the duration.

No kidding, I ride the TTA everytime I am in the Magic Kingdom, and remember those happier times.

DigitalDisney

In no particular order...

1. TTA
2. El Rio Del Tiempo
3. Maharajah Jungle Trek
4. HISTK Adventure Zone
5. Tom Sawyer Island

If this list was valid last year, I would swap out HISTK Zone for Alien Encounter and my friends at XS-Tech.

barnum42

Tomorrowland Countdown - Great live music.

Dapper Dans - Stick around and watch the show, they can be very funny and are happy to chat to you.

Timekeeper - Why is this seasonal?

Hunchback Show - So underated they closed it!

Animal Kingdom - It gets a lot of bad rap, but I love it.

Enderikari

Originally posted by barnum42

Dapper Dans - Stick around and watch the show, they can be very funny and are happy to chat to you.

How could I forget? Wow, nailed this one right on the toe. The Dapper Dans are fantastic, and the nicest guys... Esp. Rich and Keith, if you get a chance, talk to them after the performance, they are great.

Though they did snag a bit of my ice cream sandwich last time I saw them.

WDWScottieBoy

Originally posted by Enderikari
Yeah, the TTA gets a bad rap... In fact, one of my favorite Disney moments involves the TTA....

A three hour nap, one of the most relaxing I have ever had, just what I needed after a long day. Kind Cast Members let me stay on for the duration.

No kidding, I ride the TTA everytime I am in the Magic Kingdom, and remember those happier times.

That in itself deserves a Magical Moments certificate. One more reason why WDW is the "Happiest Place on Earth!!!" I love the music played on it as well (Behind the Waterfall, or Beyond I'm not sure, by David Lanz is a nice soothing song).

As with you, I always ride the TTA while at MK because I love it so much. I agree that it is underrated as well.

barnum42

Originally posted by Enderikari
How could I forget? Wow, nailed this one right on the toe. The Dapper Dans are fantastic, and the nicest guys... Esp. Rich and Keith, if you get a chance, talk to them after the performance, they are great.

Though they did snag a bit of my ice cream sandwich last time I saw them.
Neel of the Dapper Dans went out of his way on my last trip. He stayed out and chatted to my Mother and I during his whole break between sets.

PhilharMagician

Cranium Command

El Rio Del Tiempo

Maharajah Jungle Trek

TTA (Wedway)

Discovery Island

I liked to go out to Discovery Island and take a nice relaxing stroll while looking around at all of the birds. This seemed like the only place to get away from large crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom