Top 5 Restaurants You'd NEVER do again....

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
WDW has a wide variety of restaurants and eating establishments....some that are top notch, others that are standard fair on par with outside fast food places. Some seem to have a good or bad reputation based on a number of WDW guest reviews and experiences. What are your top 5 WDW restaurants that you'd tried and would never go to again...whether based on service, food quality, etc?

* 50's Prime Time Cafe
* Sci-Fi Drive-in
* Mama Melrose
* Restaurant Marrakesh
* Chefs de France

keylimesqueeze

We only stick to restaurants where we know we will eat the type food we like. That being said, never Le Cellier again (just because of the menu change).

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Le Cellier (over-rated to me and hard to get into)
Electric Umbrella
Sci-Fi (never got to try the food, sat for about 15-20 min without seeing a server so I left)
ABC Commissary (not bad, but not interested in the menu)
Kona Cafe (underseasoned food, cold food, & poor service)

Pooh Lover

Le Cellier (change to 2 credits)
Biergarten (was underwhelmed many years ago and just don't see going back)
ABC Commissary (was definitely a one and done for us)
Electric Umbrella (Hello Sunshine Seasons!)
San Angel Inn (didn't feel like a good use of our dinner credit compared to other places)

Mrs.Toad

Possibly Le Cellier without my burger for lunch. I am willing to do the curbside cheddar soup thing that I hear is an option. Now it is beyond expensive and I am not paying that when favorites are being taken off the menu. What is the point? I can go to American Cut and Fleming's for less money and better food. If New Jerseyans are on this thread and have tried these places you might be able to sympathize. LOL!

My biggie never do again is Big River Grille - the most horrific food I have ever had in Disney. Like a fool I gave them a second shot. Bad quality, bad taste to bland taste, depending what you order. CS tastes better. And I find not the friendliest staff. Not that I need to be coddled and meet long lost family but...not good. That is not a big deal because wait staff turnover is high in restaurants and that was awhile ago. Will never go here again. Once we were at Boardwalk and starving and didn't want fancy food like Flying Fish, so we went back to our room. We chose starving over giving them a third shot.

wdwfan4ver

Tony's-Average food
Planet Hollywood- Service was bad 2 times in a row
Le Cellier - 2 table service credit now plus the fact I don't know what the quality of the food is going to be every time. The price of food increased a lot isn't worth what your getting either.
Captain Jack's - food was great the first time there, but how they handled their problems when I had ADR's the 2nd time I went there. There weren't honest about how long their problems are going to take for being fixed. Their dinner menu also changed.
Electric Umbrella - Sunshine seasons is better than it and is an issue when I'm at Epcot for a Counter service.

Bama14

Mama Melrose
Crystal Palace
Tony's
And I used to say 50's Prime Time and Le Cellier, but I've heard so many other people have good experiences that I've decided to give 50's Prime Time another go on my next trip. I want to try other sigs before considering Le Cellier again though.

Bama14

Possibly Le Cellier without my burger for lunch. I am willing to do the curbside cheddar soup thing that I hear is an option. Now it is beyond expensive and I am not paying that when favorites are being taken off the menu. What is the point? I can go to American Cut and Fleming's for less money and better food. If New Jerseyans are on this thread and have tried these places you might be able to sympathize. LOL!

My biggie never do again is Big River Grille - the most horrific food I have ever had in Disney. Like a fool I gave them a second shot. Bad quality, bad taste to bland taste, depending what you order. CS tastes better. And I find not the friendliest staff. Not that I need to be coddled and meet long lost family but...not good. That is not a big deal because wait staff turnover is high in restaurants and that was awhile ago. Will never go here again. Once we were at Boardwalk and starving and didn't want fancy food like Flying Fish, so we went back to our room. We chose starving over giving them a third shot.
Ah yes, we have Fleming's in Birmingham as well. I agree about Le Cellier!

Computer Magic

50s Prime Time definitely. We're very easy going and funny people but I don't go for jokes about making me finish my food and standing in the corner. Hmm no thanks.
I agree, I don't like being put on the spot. The place makes me feel uneasy.

Mama Melrose - rude CM and average food
Crystal Palace - nothing stands out
Tony's - average food
Le Cellier - overrated, below average food and too crowded.

Aurora1

50s Prime Time definitely. We're very easy going and funny people but I don't go for jokes about making me finish my food and standing in the corner. Hmm no thanks.
And it'll be a bit until we return to Ohana if at all. Our service was subpar and the food was abysmal.

100% agree about Prime Time. I had a really picky friend with me one time, and she didn't like the taste of her food, which didn't help with the waitress gave her a hard time about not finishing it!

GeoDonJac34

Hollywood and Vine dinner. Just plain awful.
Toy Story Pizza Planet. What were we thinking?
50s Prime Time. Loved the menu going in. Thought the food was sub par.
Spirit of Aloha dinner show. Did not enjoy the food, and the show was too corny.
Sci Fi Diner. I did it twice, it was not bad, but can't see going back.

jharvey

WDW has a wide variety of restaurants and eating establishments....some that are top notch, others that are standard fair on par with outside fast food places. Some seem to have a good or bad reputation based on a number of WDW guest reviews and experiences. What are your top 5 WDW restaurants that you'd tried and would never go to again...whether based on service, food quality, etc?

* 50's Prime Time Cafe
* Sci-Fi Drive-in
* Mama Melrose
* Restaurant Marrakesh
* Chefs de France
Wow, number 4 is in my top 5 best and I love Sci-Fi.

Least favorite:
1. Pecos
2. There is no number 2. Number 1 ate it.
3. Teppan Edo
4. Pizza Planet
5. Whispering Canyon

HouCuseChickie

I have a hard time saying never, but I can say "It will be a LONG LONG time." Still, here are my top 5 that probably won't be in my plans for quite a while.

1. Chef Mickey's dinner - there was only 1 item (mashed potatoes) on the buffet that wasn't between meh to vile. Breakfast is at least decent, cheaper, won't disrupt park time if early enough, and has the same characters.

2. Crystal Palace dinner - the breakfast food and pre-park opening exerience (and price) are just so much better

3. Le Cellier - pre signature, the food was horribly average for the hype, so no hurry to return to pay more for mediocrity. I mean, the menu looks much nicer but all the reports coming out of it say that the food hasn't been elevated to a place to be anything more than a wannabe signature.

4. San Angel Inn - I ate here a LONG time ago and it was bad. Now that I've lived in Texas for almost 16 yrs and been to Mexico- I'm even more picky about it. The atmosphere is beautiful, but considering I can get better traditional Mexican food from the mothers and grandmothers of many of my local friends- I'm likely to keep skipping it.

5. Cape May breakfast - Let me preface this by saying that the food and service were very good, but the price doesn't match what you get. Let's be honest...it's a character meal and you go for the characters. Cape May only offers 3 characters yet charges several dollars more per head than 1900PF breakfast and 'Ohana breakfast. Now, our food at 'Ohana wasn't the greatest, but we still had 4 characters there + a parade to Cape May's 3 characters and 0 extra interactive experience. We feel 1900PF has better food than all of them for breakfast + they offer 5 characters. We went into Cape May hearing that they make up for it by well above average character interaction, and while I'm sure things vary from family to family, our character interaction at this meal was below avg w/Goofy, avg with Minnie and above avg with Donald = not above avg as a while. Ultimately, we felt Cape May was the prime rip off of character meals.

MKCP 1985

A thread like this has the potential to unfairly label a popular restaurant providing happy meals to thousands (literally) of patrons on an annual basis.

I've enjoyed meals at practically every place on this list.

If there is a place (or 5) where I'd tend to shy away from, it would be because of my personal tastes and the food allergies of people in my group. At the end of the day, if there was any restaurant that consistently provided a sub-par experience to its patrons, it wouldn't last.

That said, my least favorites are:

Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom. I find it to be way overpriced and the food at dinner is too heavy for me when I am going to leave there and make my way around the parks. I think it used to be a character meal spot and they never lowered the prices after Mickey and friends vacated but they probably should have.

Marrakesh, Epcot. I found this restaurant sent really mixed messages. They sold American beer and - correct me if I am wrong - you can't buy alcoholic beverages at restaurants in Morocco? We were seated during the middle of the live performance which never re-started before we finished our meal, so that was kind of disappointing. There was another factor, uniqure to our dining experience, that I won't mention here but suffice to say it could have happened anywhere but the fact it happened at this place when we visited for the first and only time left a bad memory.

Planet Hollywood, DTD. Again, price versus value. There was nothing wrong with the food but the memorabilia didn't justify their price for a hamburger for me, personally. The server made a fatal error that has resulted in our not returning in over a decade. But it is still there, so they are obviously doing something right.

Hollywood and Vine, Studios. The first time we ate at this buffet, we were surprised at how great it was. The second time, it missed the mark badly. I guess that is the risk of a buffet. Uneven food quality? There was another problem on that second visit that resulted in a manager's intervention to clear things up, which was appreciated. Next time, we will try a different place.

and fifth - there really isn't a fifth. I looked over the list others have posted here and can't really say that my experience with the other places has been unsatisfactory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom