Top 5 Restaurants You'd NEVER do again....

EvilQueen-T

house of blues: super nasty food poisoning just clinched it for me
le cellier: the quality. we've been there 3 times and the last 2 the steak tasted more boiled than anything.
pizza planet: if i'd wanted to eat cardboard i'd have gone directly to the source and not called it pizza.
planet hollywood: it's an overpriced applebee's so what's the point.
ltt for dinner: it's reheated stouffer's frozen food. i do like some of the lunch offerings tho.

Chrononymous

1. Hollywood and Vine
2. ABC Commissary
3. Nine Dragons (worst. Service. Ever)
4. ABC Commissary (Breakfast)
5. Le Cellier (because we just can no longer afford it)

Heh. This list looks not-too-surprisingly familiar....

Weather_Lady

Our "not likely to revisit" ones (not necessarily because they were bad, but because once was enough) are:

1 - 50's Prime Time (perfectly decent meal and loved the PB&J shakes, loved the decor, but it didn't "wow" us enough to be a must-do again)
2 - 'Ohana character breakfast (food was okay, but marred by ridiculously rushed character interaction and terrible table location, enough that it soured us on doing it ever again)
3 - Coral Reef (food overpriced, atmosphere nice but the waits are always unreasonably long and the waiting area so small we end up sitting on the cold floor, seeing it once or twice is enough)
4 - Pinnochio Village Haus (not awful, but better counter service to be had anywhere else in the MK).

To highlight the other end of the spectrum, our "unexpectedly awesome" experiences have included Tangeriene Cafe's shawarma platters (the Moroccan CS restaurant at Epcot), pulled beef sandwiches from Tamu Tamu (Animal Kingdom, Africa), hot dogs from Casey's (Main Street, USA in the MK), Serious Steak and Bread 'n Butter pudding from Raglan Road (Downtown Disney), and the Biergarten buffet (Epcot, for those who love their brats and cabbage).

RedBaron

I am not saying that I would absolutely never go back to any of these places, but just how I feel about them right now.

Biergarten - I hate buffets, plain and simple. I always feel like I am over paying since I am not the "all you can eat" kind of person. I have not been here since it was an actual table service restaurant. I always liked the show.

Le Cellier - I really did enjoy my meal the last time I went here, but now that I am looking too book my ADR's soon and looking at menus, I just think it is way to expensive for what it is. Also the last time I did eat here we had to wait about an hour and a half for our table.

Teppan Edo - There is nothing wrong with this restaurant and if you do not have one where you live I suggest that you go since it is enjoyable, but if you have a local place at home that you love, this will probably not live up.

Spikerdink

The only restaurant I will not EVER step foot in is at Saratoga Springs - the Turf Club. I was with a friend who has systemic lupus and we would spend a lot of time at the pool relaxing one day and hit a park the next. One night she decided she was too tired to go far for dinner, so we decided to try the Turf Club. We went back to the room, got cleaned up and went over and were in the doorway by 4:50 pm. There was *at most* six patrons in the ENTIRE restaurant. Everywhere you looked was an empty table.

We walked to the hostess and asked for a table for two.

She looked at us and said (with a straight face), "I'm sorry, we are completely booked."

I looked at all of the empty tables, I looked at her, I looked at the tables again and said, "Yea, I can see it is standing room only."

I thought she was kidding. She was not. She didn't even say, "We have a private party tonight." Nothing.

My friend and I looked at each other and said, let's just go. We ended up taking the boat from SS to Port Orleans and had a great dinner at Boatwrights.

But I will never, ever go to the Turf Club in this lifetime or the next one.

tink33

Mine would be:
Liberty Tree Tavern - food too heavy
Yak & Yeti (QS)- better takeout at home
Mama Melrose- my pork chop was raw
Le Cellier - not worth 2 credits
Cinderella Royal Table - server was rude and gave us a problem about egg allergy.

notslim99

I would preface this by saying you should try places for yourself.

1. Yak & Yeti. Theming is cool, but the food put the "Yack" in Yak & Yeti.

2. Crystal Palace. The food was ok, but not near worth the $$$. The characters kept getting intercepted by other people from other tables.

3. Chef Mickey's. Same reason as #2.

4. La Hacienda de San Angel. Food was not good, and it cost $120 for two people.

5. Tony's Town Square. Awful food.

stevehousse

I really only have one restaurant that I don't like. Now, don't get me wrong, a lot of people love this restaurant! I will say that I am an adventurous eater, however I hated Sanaa!!! The service was just okay, and I honestly didn't like anything I ate there! It all had a weird bitter taste to me, and I like exotic food. We won't be going back...

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
In no order...

Sci-Fi Well I may just go for milkshakes cause let's face it...the atmosphere here may be best on property.
O'hana (with no S at the end) Just not feeling this place at all. Meat is always dry and the one thing I do love (Shrimp) I have to peel it myself and that gets annoying.
Le Chef's de France Tried it twice and was not impressed in the least. I mean bread was good, but I HATE restaurants that served butter wrapped in foil. That is so annoying. Creme Brulee was decent too, but the steak I had was below average and the duck was pretty poor as well.
Whispering Canyon Everything was just dry. EVERYTHING. The meat, potatoes, my chocolate cake. Just dry.
Boma Not that Boma is bad, it's just not for me at all. I ate cornbread and strawberries all night.

Unomas

So surprised to see this many votes for Le Cellier. I went before it was a signature and thought the food was fantastic. Now we have it booked for dinner in our upcoming trip and am starting to worry...Should we change our plans? We only have space for two signature meals and don't want to waste one.

taz0162

here's mine
  1. Coral Reef - Food under Cooked for two in our party
  2. Coral Reef - Incorrect Order brought out for one (Me) in our party ten min later then rest of party received their food. Then I had to wait even longer for correct food to come out.
  3. Coral Reef - Very Slow service (no drink refills ever for anyone in our partyoffered as waitress didnt come back)
  4. Coral Reef - Not worth the cost at all
  5. Coral Reef - Poor taste left with bad experience and food from prior trip. <See 1-4 for details>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom