Top 5 Most Overrated Attractions

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Since we are all in the "list" mood, I figured I'd create a topic that will make alot of people mad :lol: . Seriously though these are just opinions.

Current Attractions

1. Maelstrom. I think this is the worst attraction in Epcot. I mean sure what is there is not bad.....all 15 seconds of it :lol: With the super short attraction coupled with the annoying post show film, I do not see why this attraction is so popular.

2. Peter Pan's Flight. I really do not think there is anything special about this attraction. I wouldn't even wait 5 minutes much less 70!

3. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I really do like this attraction, but it is not THAT great. Something worth doing a time or two on a trip, but I think it is still very simplistic.

4. Festival of the Lion King. I am not a big fan or stage shows to begin with, but I really think this one is just "ok". I've seen it a few times, but I have no desire to see it again.

5. Illuminations Reflections of Earth. I also think this is a good fireworks show, but compared to the original I really think ROE is overrated. I'm ready for a new show.

General Grizz

1. Mission Space (false advertising doesn't help)
2. Star Tours (same with Body Wars, love the false shots for ads)
3. Test Track (because I don't like it :p)
4. Magic Carpets of Aladdin (a BRAND NEW Disney experience!!!!)
5. Dino Rama (just because I HATE it.)

:D

Lee

Adventurer
Top 5 overrated? Lets see...

5. Speedway - It's just sad. Autopia is no masterpiece, but it beats that TL Speedway anyday.

4. Aladdin's Carpets - ANOTHER spinner? Dumbo, at 50 years old wasn't enough? Astro Orbiter, suspended way in the sky wasn't enough? WDI is capable of so much better. AL's theme is just all over the board these days.

3. Living Seas - Needs......something, ANYTHING interesting to do in there.

2. Conservation Station - The train ride back there is more fun than the destination.

1. Space Mountain - I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The icon of Disney coasters deserves better. Hands down the roughest, least enjoyable coaster on any Disney property. I have more fun on Primevil Whirl, and that is kinda sad, folks. Mr. Weiss, I beg you, do what Disneyland had the guts to do: FIX SPACE MOUNTAIN.

1. BTMR- A good ride, but lets face it, it's just a mine train rollercoaster, and a tame one at that, and the lines are always stupid, definetly a once a trip experience.

2. CBJ- I don't even remeber it too well, but I can't imagine watch robot bears sing for 15 minutes is that exciting, sorry grizz

3. SSE- Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this ride but put it on the list because it has lost much of it's luster over the years. Sound is bad, ride is shakey, AAs and effects are outdated, and still referrs to the internet as if it were still being built which at the time of the narration it was.

4. Test Track- I haven't been on it yet(although I've seen video of the ride), but get the idea that it's not as great as many think. Theming is minimal, always breaks down, the crashing car effect is never up, supposed to a thrill ride, but I go faster than 60 in my own car.

5. Space Mountain- Again, one of my favorites, but lets face it, all it really is is a roller coaster in the dark that maxes out at 28mph, queue and post show are flawless just talking about the ride itself. I'm probally stretching on this one, but wanted to strike some contraversy instead of taking the easy way out.

speck76

5. Pirates of the Caribbean....could use a major update. AA's are neat, but I don't think POTC's high capacity is why it rarely has a line.

4. Star Tours...what was once a great simulator is stuck with technology from "a long time ago"

3. Dinosaur...when I think about what this ride could have been, it upsets me.

2. The Great Movie Ride...enjoyable in 1989, but the ride has truly lost its luster...I does not help if you get a CM that can't act.

1. Conservation Station / Rafiki's Planet Watch.....truly a train ride to nowhere....and what is with the dark closets?

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by DarkMeasures
1. Fad Topics
2. Fad Topics
3. Fad Topics
4. Fad Topics
5. You bought an N-gage Didn't you?

Wow that was hillarious! And no there will be no N-Gage for me because I do not waste my money on handheld consoles.

Michael72688

5. CoP, just plain dumb
4. Horizons, thats why it is gone
3. SSE, might be a classic but too old and outdated, plus its very boring
2. World of motion, same as Horizons
1. this is tough, can I say Horizons again?

KimPossible

Okay so here's my spin on this list (including rides past and present...)

5.)Star Wars (makes me gag due to the ty level of film projection these days, lets get that fixed with a new film sometime in the next decade please!)

4.)Peter Pan ( one of my faves, but i will never wait 75 minutes for this ride)

3.)Maelstrom ( i love it, but its like what .5 seconds long and i cant wait 60 minutes for it!!)

2.)Mission Space (way too much hype which sadly kills it for most)

and topping it off at number one as the most overrated attraction past or present at Walt Disney World...

1.) 20K under the sea (people come on it was kinda lame to me then and i was 5 the last time i went on it)

JackSkellington

5. Peter Pan- I would not wait more than 10 min for this ride.
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris- It was ok, but it was hard to understand the CM driving. And it wasn't a great ride. Just ok
3. CBJ- what else needs to be said?
2. Test Track- seriously it was way too short.
1. The Voyage of the LittleMermaid- I didn't like it

Originally posted by Michael72688
5. CoP, just plain dumb
4. Horizons, thats why it is gone
3. SSE, might be a classic but too old and outdated, plus its very boring
2. World of motion, same as Horizons
1. this is tough, can I say Horizons again?

First of all, with out progress you wouldn't be on your computer right now, so how is that stupid? Sure, dull to many but seriously a classic. And it can't be that overrated if it was put on a seasonal basis. And the reason Horizons is gone is because the stuctural integrety of the ride building was comprimised due to the stress caused by the overhead ride track over the years.

Laura

Honey I blew up the audience. After you've already seen it once it's just kinda boring. The preshow is almost unbearable!

Dumbo

Star Tours & Body Wars - rides that don't go anywhere but shake you anyway? SOO boring!

I guess Malestrom can be my 5th choice. It's a great ride, but way too short.

JonnyP

It seems that a lot of people tend to dislike Test Track. I don't know, everyone. I think that it's a high quality ride with great theming. I know that the line seems to be really long but that's because it's one of the best rides in Disney. I may be way off but I just think that Test Track truly is an incredible experience and worth the wait.

Dizknee_Phreek

1. Mission Space - I just don't get the point of going in a circle really fast (with or without a video of going to 'Mars')...if I want the feeling of blasting off, all I have to do is ride Rockin Roller Coaster...and then I could go upside down on the same ride.

2. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - slow, boring. Now if they made the cars more futuristic and put in better scenery, it might be better

3. It's a Small World - is it a classic because it forces you to sing that song continually, even years after you riding it? You can never forget it, so therefore it's a classic?

4. Fantasmic - I wasn't impressed in the least.

5. Festival of the Lion King - saw it once and expected something breathtaking. Some of it was kind of cool, but overall, it seemed like an EXTREMELY watered-down, Disney-fied, sing-a-long copy of Cirque du Soleil (which I highly enjoy, btw)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom