Toontown Closing?

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
With the recent expansion of Fantasyland well underway, does anyone know when Toontown will be closing?...Just wondering. :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There is no officially released date, and the actual situation seems to be varying as the project is progressing. I think it's really a case of it will close when it closes - no solid information out on it yet.

bgraham34

My best guess would be the beginning of the new year. That way they can maximize the amount of people in the park for the holidays.

Fable McCloud

I actually thought it was closed already. I thought that was where they were building the new Little Mermaid attraction. I wonder of Toon Town will still be there when I go at the end of February...

NoChesterHester

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I agree. I see the Dumbo "overhead" photos and the thing looks big, but until you see it overhead it does not show the true scope of this project. And that does not even count the section that takes out Toontown, etc. With only BatB and LM announced officially, it's easy to forget how much space we're really dealing with.

ryno1982

I forgot about that photo. In comparing the footprint of the LM attraction to the center portion, where Snow White is rumored to go, the area available is significant. A decent coaster really could go in there.

That is a huge expansion. Wow. It is easy to forget how much land they are actually developing.

More like redeveloping since the 20K lagoon and show building covered most of this. Only the B&B area is really new.

MKCP 1985

When we were there in January of this year, I figured it would be closed sometime before the end of the year. It looks like they are taking care to leave the area open as long as possible while they smooth out all the evolving plans for the Fantasyland expansion.

Hard to believe the fairy meet and greet could still be open when Marathon weekend rolls back around in January.

puntagordabob

I was at the MK yesterday and asked a couple different CMs and the response was Febuary every time.... was surprised to hear them all say the same month....is it possible an internal announcement was made recently to the CMs in that area of the MK?

RonAnnArbor

I'm sure they made an announcement... All those CMs will be relocated elsewhere and that is always a huge to-do seniority wise etc.

As to the houses, they are all scheduled for demolition. There has been no final decision on Barnstormer coaster yet but if it stays it will be completely rethemed.

jt04

They wouldn't be building elaborote m&g's on MSUSA if they were keeping toontown. Personally I can't wait for the MK toontown to go.

Fable McCloud

Not too much to do in the houses, so I'm not completely devastated, but they were cute to look at and it was nice to see Mickey and Minnie's houses. It's making room for something bigger, and I suppose if something had to go, I'm glad it was ToonTown and not Adventureland or something else in that vein.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom