Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Other/listed below

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
If you guys could re theme Toon Lagoon what would it be?
I would be fine with either of the 3 but I would prefer to see Lord of the Rings as an expansion to Epic Universe. Animal Crossing is proving to be very popular right now and it's based on islands so this could fit. Kung Fu Panda as well would be a great fit. But I'm going with Animal Crossing.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
1587577721078.png

The rides could still water based and could interactivity like Super Nintendo World and you can build your own island.

champdisney

I chose to keep it the same. The characters featured in the land are those of classics and every now and then new reincarnations of those characters are made to reintroduce them to the newer generation of kids. Popeye is still popular while Dudley isn’t as much, Ripsaw still does its job and brings in guests. Never have I heard a single complaint about that attraction from any of my family, friends or other nearby guests, because the attraction is fun.

However, I do hope that they someday add more from the newspaper comic-strip characters to the land. A lot of you are clamoring for a Rocky and Bullwinkle attraction to take over the amphitheater but I would much rather have a fun Garfield dark ride there. Similar to what they once had planned for a Secret Life of Pets attraction to inhabit that space, rework those same plans to include Garfield and Friends. Just an idea. I wouldn’t want another standalone attraction sitting there in between lands like how they built Kong.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I chose to keep it the same. The characters featured in the land are those of classics and every now and then new reincarnations of those characters are made to reintroduce them to the newer generation of kids. Popeye is still popular while Dudley isn’t as much, Ripsaw still does its job and brings in guests. Never have I heard a single complaint about that attraction from any of my family, friends or other nearby guests, because the attraction is fun.

However, I do hope that they someday add more from the newspaper comic-strip characters to the land. A lot of you are clamoring for a Rocky and Bullwinkle attraction to take over the amphitheater but I would much rather have a fun Garfield dark ride there. Similar to what they once had planned for a Secret Life of Pets attraction to inhabit that space, rework those same plans to include Garfield and Friends. Just an idea. I wouldn’t want another standalone attraction sitting there in between lands like how they built Kong.
A Garfield ride would be really cool. But it's now owned by Nickeldeon so it's probably unlikely. Personally I would divide the land into 2 separate lands. A Popeye mini land and a Animal crossing land.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I think the issue is that a large percentage of the population would have no idea what an Animal Crossing is. Two years from now, Animal Crossing will be less relevant than Curious George.
Yeah I can definitely see your point. It hasn't stopped Universal before. Especially with Race through New York. Like in the next few years Jimmy Fallon might step down.

lebeau

Yeah I can definitely see your point. It hasn't stopped Universal before. Especially with Race through New York. Like in the next few years Jimmy Fallon might step down.

Well, that's synergy. I'm not going to say that was a good call but it makes a lot more sense than building an land based on a video game that happens to be very popular among a certain demographic (school age children) right now. By the time the land gets built, Animal Crossing will be in the discount bin.

Sharon&Susan

By the time the land gets built, Animal Crossing will be in the discount bin.
LOL, that's not happening being published by Nintendo. Games that sell in their lifetime in total about half of what AC did digitally (5 million) in its first week like Xenobalde or 1-2 Switch are still full price years later. It took like over 4 years for AC NL to get a small price cut and that was when the 3DS was becoming a dying system. Nintendo's real (black) magic isn't their games or their consoles, it's being able to (somehow) sell millions of copies of 6 year old Mario kart and Donkey Kong for $60 somehow.

And considering that AC NH is one of Nintendo's fastest selling games of all time don't expect that $60 price to go away anytime soon.

champdisney

Well, that's synergy. I'm not going to say that was a good call but it makes a lot more sense than building an land based on a video game that happens to be very popular among a certain demographic (school age children) right now. By the time the land gets built, Animal Crossing will be in the discount bin.
Animal Crossing has been around since the early 2000s. It’s kinda like Pokémon where it’s real popular on some days, the craze dies down and then picks up steam with popularity again based on whatever game or media is released. It’s a back and forth thing, so I don’t know how that’ll mesh when you involve a popular yet unknown to many franchise like Animal Crossing to a theme park.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I agree it will be interesting to see what their decision will be. It can be hard because some video games can remain super popular such as Mario or others can be not as popular a few years down the road.

Last edited:

FullSailDan

Animal Crossing has been around since the early 2000s. It’s kinda like Pokémon where it’s real popular on some days, the craze dies down and then picks up steam with popularity again based on whatever game or media is released. It’s a back and forth thing, so I don’t know how that’ll mesh when you involve a popular yet unknown to many franchise like Animal Crossing to a theme park.

AC is a really weird series for a theme park too when you consider it doesn't really have any staples that people latch onto emotionally. Like Pikachu is in every Pokemon game, so are the Poke Centers, and I think usually Charmander(?). Mario, Bowser, Peach, Toad, etc. everyone knows them. AC has like 2 or 3 characters that have crossed generation and unless you're a hyper fan, you just wouldn't know or care. I've played AC, I'm a bit baffled by it personally despite loving almost everything Nintendo does usually. I'm pretty sure New Horizons sold well because of a few things: lack of content on the switch, kids being stuck in the house and parents needing a break, and my weird friends who love this stuff in our 30s.

FullSailDan

LOL, that's not happening being published by Nintendo. Games that sell in their lifetime in total about half of what AC did digitally (5 million) in its first week like Xenobalde or 1-2 Switch are still full price years later. It took like over 4 years for AC NL to get a small price cut and that was when the 3DS was becoming a dying system. Nintendo's real (black) magic isn't their games or their consoles, it's being able to (somehow) sell millions of copies of 6 year old Mario kart and Donkey Kong for $60 somehow.

And considering that AC NH is one of Nintendo's fastest selling games of all time don't expect that $60 price to go away anytime soon.
Depends on where you shop. Digital sales for Nintendo are like non-existent. Bargain bin cartridges can be found a few months after release in physical stores.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom