Too much stuff scheduled?

marynorth

We will be arriving 9/25 and staying 7 nights at WL. I have us scheduled for 4 character breakfasts - I don't think that is too much b/c personally I'm all for being up and out of the resort. Of course, one is with Cinderella, and then I've always wanted to do Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace. Then I booked my hubby for the Segway tour of Epcot (he is excited) and decided if the kids and me had breakfast in Norway at the time, we could see him tool around. Finally, all the talk of the pineapple bread at Ohana made me crazy to try it, so I've booked that too! I just can't bear to cancel any of them, but worry that it might be "too much" (not money, just regiment).

tigsmom

Did you make these arrangements without consulting your family? If so, then maybe you went too far. If not & they all agreed, then I don't see a problem.

Every night we go thru the next days plans...what park & where we would like to eat or where we have PS. As long as you all know what to expect I say go for it. :wave:

Upvote 0

mattfz

I think the 4 character breakfast's may be overkill and will get expensive, but if you have the money, and the kids and husband are up for it, why not?

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Sounds like fun to me. I think a lot of what you have planned can be more easily tolerated if you are there for a week or so more than if it was one thing for each day of your trip. I say go for it. You can always cancel. Maggie

Upvote 0

Jersey_Mouse

Four character breakfasts you say?

We usually do just one, mostly because of the cost, plus my husband can only live through one, and no more...:hammer:

Plus we do the out late thing and like to sleep in. :animwink:

Upvote 0

hbrady77

The cost is the killer.. when I went for 4 days in the spring we did:

Dinner at concourse Steak House
Lunch at Cinderella's Castle
Dinner at Crystal Palace
Lunch at Rain Forest Cafe
Dinner at Ohana's
Lunch at Coral Reef
Dinner at Sci-Fi drive in

Next time I will limit myself to 4 priority seating meals over 7 days. The above 7 meals cost me over $600.00 :brick:

Upvote 0

trucillo

I have to reply because your vacation is VERY similar to ours! We are also fome NJ, Arriving 9/25, staying for 7 nights, staying at CBR and have several scheduled meals. Not all breakfasts but same places.

Cindy's Castle for breakfast
Crystal Palace for Lunch
Norway Princess Breakfast
and Ohana breakfast

Just though it was funny how similar our vacations will be! :wave:

JT

Upvote 0

Rcoaster809

With character breakfasts (or any other meals) I can never get enough of them. And I'm 18. They are fun, and you get to meet characters without waiting in lines. I think it all comes down to how often you get to WDW. If you are planning another WDW vacation for next year, you may want to spread it out a little so you have something to look forward to. If you don't get to Disney often, then go for the memorable experience. Either way, you will have a great time!

Upvote 0
I think you are going to set a Guinness record with 4 character breakfasts! :lol:

But, although I do like schedules, something you only have to plan which park you go to each day, maybe a few PS's, and let everything else go with the flow.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
marynorth said:
I just can't bear to cancel any of them, but worry that it might be "too much" (not money, just regiment).

No way, don't cancel! It will be fun. One year my wife and I did 4 tours, 1 breakfast, 7 dinners, Universal VIP tour, SeaWorld VIP tour, and Discover Cove Trainer for a Day program.

Yes, we were beat by the end of our 8 day vacation, but it was wonderful, and we had a blast.

I'm looking at my schedule for this October and we have 2 Disney tours, 6 dinners, 2 breakfasts, MNSSHP, VIP tour at Busch Gardens, and a special Food & Wine Lunch and Learn session. It will be a full week, but this is how we vacation.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

tigger248

That's not too many, imo. A year and a half ago, in five days we ate at Crystal Palace, Cinderellas, 50s Prime Time, Donald's breakfastosaurus, Rainforest Cafe, Chef Mickeys, and Garden Grill. We were celebrating my 20th birthday, my dads 49th birthday, my nephews 6th birthday, and both of my nephews first WDW trip. Of course I picked CP and Cinderellas I had to see my pal Tigger and my fellow princesses! :lol:

On my upcoming November trip I have Cinderellas and the princess breakfast at Norway booked and I plan on booking Alfredos and 50s Prime Time.

We like to do these meals because the food is better than fast food and sometimes a better deal (especially the all you can eat ones). We try to do one a day because at some it's not too much more than a hamburger would cost. When we do an all you can eat breakfast, we can usually skip lunch. The same goes with the lunch, we can sometimes skip dinner. My family tends to eat a lot though. I like to schedule late lunches at like 2:00 or something for that reason.

Have fun on your trip! :wave: You have some wonderful places picked to eat at.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

I think it is fine, we book a lot of meals too. The character breakfasts are a tad steep compared to a regular breakfasts but the character lunches and dinners are acually not much more than a regular meal is. I would say for the Crystal Palace change it to a Pooh lunch, you will get a lot more for you money. Either way, 4 is not too much at all...

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

wild01ride

Go for it!

I say do whatever your crew feels up to!

If you want to see a crazy schedule, I have planned a LONG list of PS's for our trip in September.
I figure that this may be the Disney trip of a lifetime, or at least for a while, so I'm going to go all out for it.
I'll be arriving on Sept. 22, then departing on a 3-night cruise on the Wonder from Sept. 30-Oct. 3. I can't wait!!
Here's the rundown:
Sept. 22 D- Le Cellier Steakhouse
Sept. 23 D- Spirit of Aloha
Sept. 24 B- 1900 Park Fare
D- Hoop-Dee-Doo
Sept. 25 B- Kona Cafe
L- Cinderella's Royal Table
(Cirque du Soleil- La Nouba)
D- Fulton's Crab House
Sept. 26 B- Chef Mickey's
L- The Biergarten
D- Teppanyaki Dining Room
Sept. 27 B- Cape May Cafe
L- Les Chefs de France
D- San Angell Inn
Sept. 28 D- House of Blues
Sept. 29 L- L'Originale Alfredo di Roma
D- Nine Dragons

It's a bit intimidating, but hey, you only live once and who knows when I'll have the opportunity to go back to WDW after this! (Git 'er done! LOL!)
Whatever you end up doing, enjoy the heck out of your trip!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Never too much

I wouldn't say it's too much planning, if anything I would say you could have more scheduled (without making your visit too rigid). It is a lot of scheduling of one thing however, but the bottom line is if you enjoy the breakfasts, go for it...it's your vacation, right?

The only thing I would do differently is variety. There are things like Hoop de do Review, and various special dinner places that are best to plan for with advanced reservations. Things like 50's prime time is fun for a family group, also dinner/Fantasmic package.

You know your family best, and to have a degree of order and planning is good, as long as you leave some nice gaps to just wing it or decompress by the pool.

Upvote 0

Shellybelle

mrtoad said:
I think it is fine, we book a lot of meals too. The character breakfasts are a tad steep compared to a regular breakfasts but the character lunches and dinners are acually not much more than a regular meal is. I would say for the Crystal Palace change it to a Pooh lunch, you will get a lot more for you money. Either way, 4 is not too much at all...

Enjoy your trip!
I agree! We book a lot of meals, too, but changing Crystal Palace to a lunch may break it up a bit more for you.

Also, has anyone ever used meal vouchers? This upcoming trip will be the first time we will use them. Will we really see a big savings?

Upvote 0

tigsmom

If you can get into the Hoop Dee Do by all means do it! Its is a great time for families. BBQ, corny song & dance routines, audience participation...if you want to have a smile on your face do the Hoop Dee Do! :wave:

Upvote 0

marynorth

Original Poster
Ooh, of course I have Hoop-de-doo. I didn't include that and dinner one night at Whispering Canyon Cafe! But great suggestion to make Crystal Palace a lunch instead of breakfast. I figure if I have saved MONEY and CALORIES for months, I'm going to have fun!!! This on top of moving 5 days before, we will have earned this vacation!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom