Too much money and not worth it..

thomas998

The Skipper Canteen is a table service.
I never said it wasn't. I remember being very disappointed with the seafood stew and barely made it a restroom about 15 minutes after I left the place. No clue if it was the food from that place as I was the only one that had the stew, and the only one to suffer that day.

Goofyernmost

Epcot Food and Wine on Sat and Sun is a zoo with tourists and locals drinking lots of booze and having a great time. But if that is your thing.
Just to ease your mind, based on the price for those drinks that you assume people are gulping down, I don't think people go there to get drunk or even expect to fill up on the also expensive samples. If they are that wealthy they would find a much less expensive place to go that didn't have a $100.00 (+-) cover charge just to get in. I was there this past September. I did not go to experience the Food and Wine Festival. I went to go to Epcot. Didn't have a single drink, hardly munched on anything and never saw anyone that was even tipsy, much less drunk.

Like the time that a newspaper made a mistake and ran an obituary for Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain). He immediate responded by saying that the reports of his death were greatly exaggerated. I think the same thing applies about the drunken debaucheries at Epcot and are also greatly exaggerated.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Just to ease your mind, based on the price for those drinks that you assume people are gulping down, I don't think people go there to get drunk or even expect to fill up on the also expensive samples. If they are that wealthy they would find a much less expensive place to go that didn't have a $100.00 (+-) cover charge just to get in. I was there this past September. I did not go to experience the Food and Wine Festival. I went to go to Epcot. Didn't have a single drink, hardly munched on anything and never saw anyone that was even tipsy, much less drunk.

Like the time that a newspaper made a mistake and ran an obituary for Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain). He immediate responded by saying that the reports of his death were greatly exaggerated. I think the same thing applies about the drunken debaucheries at Epcot and are also greatly exaggerated.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with that, as I've seen plenty a drunken fool at Epcot. Though I believe the people getting drunk at Epcot are as wealthy as their credit will allow.

To summarize F&W:

JillC LI

We did a character breakfast when we were there 7 years ago, and it was not great. And obscenely expensive.

We ate at quick service places this past time, because we didn't want to spend $22 for an entree. It's not like I'm asking for a gourmet meal. But the grilled chicken sandwiches were so bland, made Wendy's seem like fine dining. Just have some flavor? Not asking for much.
You pays for the characters not the food at Character meals. Quick service places are nothing special. But WDW does have some places that are pretty darn great if you go outside those two settings.

epcotisbest

Just because you did not see it does not mean it does not happen. We saw it multiple times and got so tired of the ridiculous behavior we flat out quit going to my favorite park in the fall except mornings and early afternoons midweek, never on the weekends again.
And I'm sure the inappropriate behavior is not an all the time thing. It could be totally crazy for a little while then calm down and only the people right there at the time would have ever experienced it. Still, it happens.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Just because you did not see it does not mean it does not happen. We saw it multiple times and got so tired of the ridiculous behavior we flat out quit going to my favorite park in the fall except mornings and early afternoons midweek, never on the weekends again.
And I'm sure the inappropriate behavior is not an all the time thing. It could be totally crazy for a little while then calm down and only the people right there at the time would have ever experienced it. Still, it happens.

Epcot After Dark. Worst during F&W Fri-Sun, still relatively intolerable any other Fri-Sun. Weeknights it isn't too bad.

Lilofan

Ease my mind? Read some info from other forum members such as drunk banned for life etc and I'm not the only one to share views on food and wine. Carry on..

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Prices for either the food and/or the wine (booze) weren’t all that terrible. And yes, F&W is packed on weekends. And yes, some of the people there may have enjoyed the latter a little too much....

ninjaprincesst

If you think the food is terrible (it's not) go eat at Six Flags or Universal and you will see the difference. I happen to think the food is good. There are certain Disney foods I crave all year long until I get there (Dole whips, Casy's hotdog, Be Our Guest, Ohana to name a few).

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
If you think the food is terrible (it's not) go eat at Six Flags or Universal and you will see the difference. I happen to think the food is good. There are certain Disney foods I crave all year long until I get there (Dole whips, Casy's hotdog, Be Our Guest, Ohana to name a few).

Well I visit both all the time so I can tell you that you're incorrect about Universal. Universal's food is significantly less expensive, and they also have greats like Butterbeer, the Hotdog Hall of Fame (only because you mentioned Caseys), Mythos, and the Chocolate Emporium to name a few. Not sure why you're pointing out Casey's though as that place is really no better than a dog you could get at the Target deli for $1.99. Ohana is also pretty awful. I love a good Dole whip though.

Goofyernmost

Once again... I never said it didn't happen, I said I didn't see it and that my opinion is that the whole situation is grossly exaggerated. You aren't there every minute either. So it just boils down to timing. I was there, I didn't see it. You were there you did. Neither of us are wrong. It is merely the extent of the hyperbole that I question.

Goofyernmost

Ease my mind? Read some info from other forum members such as drunk banned for life etc and I'm not the only one to share views on food and wine. Carry on..
Read about the ones that were banned outside of EPCOT in the other parks that don't have the festivals for doing the same thing. I guess it depends on individual tolerance for people doing what they do. No matter where one goes you will find people that are classless, rednecks with no social skills at all. But you are right... no reason to ease your mind about it. Have you witnessed it yourself? Carry on..

Goofyernmost

Prices for either the food and/or the wine (booze) weren’t all that terrible. And yes, F&W is packed on weekends. And yes, some of the people there may have enjoyed the latter a little too much....
I guess I'll have to take everyone's word for it. It is Drunkytown with wall to wall vomit and a fist fight on every corner. It must be because that is the picture that everyone is painting.

Lilofan

Read about the ones that were banned outside of EPCOT in the other parks that don't have the festivals for doing the same thing. I guess it depends on individual tolerance for people doing what they do. No matter where one goes you will find people that are classless, rednecks with no social skills at all. But you are right... no reason to ease your mind about it. Have you witnessed it yourself? Carry on..
Yes a number of times during food and wine. I can hold my own, but careful not to walk in front of someone's puke in the sidewalk later in the night.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I guess I'll have to take everyone's word for it. It is Drunkytown with wall to wall vomit and a fist fight on every corner. It must be because that is the picture that everyone is painting.

Nobody is painting any picture of wall-to-wall vomit or fistfights. Those things may be measurements of drunkness, but you don't have to have either of them for one to be considered inebriated. That said, I visit Epcot quite often and there tend to be a lot of people who are well past the limit of being allowed to drive on public roads after dark on the weekends.

Goofyernmost

Nobody is painting any picture of wall-to-wall vomit or fistfights. Those things may be measurements of drunkness, but you don't have to have either of them for one to be considered inebriated. That said, I visit Epcot quite often and there tend to be a lot of people who are well past the limit of being allowed to drive on public roads after dark on the weekends.
OK, it is hard to imagine that people will spend that much money to get drunk, but to be fair, I have never been there on weekends. I come in on Mondays and travel home on Saturdays. It's not for any other reason than required timing. So if everyone says it is awful on the weekends I will accept it.

Lilofan

OK, it is hard to imagine that people will spend that much money to get drunk, but to be fair, I have never been there on weekends. I come in on Mondays and travel home on Saturdays. It's not for any other reason than required timing. So if everyone says it is awful on the weekends I will accept it.
Some of the drinking groups are real serious. Some wear drinking T shirts of their respective named drinking teams when they drink around the world.

SSH

Well I visit both all the time so I can tell you that you're incorrect about Universal. Universal's food is significantly less expensive, and they also have greats like Butterbeer, the Hotdog Hall of Fame (only because you mentioned Caseys), Mythos, and the Chocolate Emporium to name a few. Not sure why you're pointing out Casey's though as that place is really no better than a dog you could get at the Target deli for $1.99. Ohana is also pretty awful. I love a good Dole whip though.

Have you tried Confisco's Grille or Thunder Falls? Both also have excellent food at good value. My favorite two spots in the park :hungry:

Goofyernmost

Some of the drinking groups are real serious. Some wear drinking T shirts of their respective named drinking teams when they drink around the world.
That I blame Disney for. If they didn't create the situation they certainly haven't discourage it. What a thing to promote, alcohol consumption! The next thing will be snort lines around the lagoon at MK. Totally, irresponsible and childish on many levels. I've had my share of morning headaches, but my way of thinking, there is a time and a place for everything. Anyplace in WDW should not be a freedom from designated maturity area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom