Too much money and not worth it..

Lilofan

That I blame Disney for. If they didn't create the situation they certainly haven't discourage it. What a thing to promote, alcohol consumption! The next thing will be snort lines around the lagoon at MK. Totally, irresponsible and childish on many levels. I've had my share of morning headaches, but my way of thinking, there is a time and a place for everything. Anyplace in WDW should not be a freedom from designated maturity area.

View attachment 419742
And California just legalized recreational pot so there will be some hungry guests at DCA!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I guess I'll have to take everyone's word for it. It is Drunkytown with wall to wall vomit and a fist fight on every corner. It must be because that is the picture that everyone is painting.
Spare the Ertha Kitt routine. No one said that in the least. But I was there two weekends ago, and it was crowded, and there were more than a few that had too much to drink....

Shouldigo12

Spare the Ertha Kitt routine. No one said that in the least. But I was there two weekends ago, and it was crowded, and there were more than a few that had too much to drink....
tumblr_o89jke8Aaf1uwp6gyo1_1280.gif

Scrooged

Oh wow, that's awesome. Happy to hear you guys love it! You definitely need to put those pictures in a side by side frame! Love that it was a complete accident... or a sweet message from your dad?

I do have it in a frame, and I do think it was a sweet message. I'm not a superstitious person, but I didn't plan it at all...so yeah - he was there too.

Goofyernmost

Sorry if you think I was being theatrical in my response. I was just telling you how it is coming across. I'm sure there where people half sloshed when I was there, but if they were they were not overly obvious about it and I do not ever pay attention to what others are doing when I am in the parks unless they directly affect me. If indeed the behavior is so bad that people are directed toward it, why do you folks that are complaining about it still continue to go there? So I apologize for just stating what I am reading. Exaggerated yes, but, that was the point of my saying it. The exaggeration runs on both sides of this discussion. Oh, and congrats on the most vague reference ever put on the boards. Eartha Kitt? Really? 😉:D

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Tried them and while a different menu than cosmic it still was pretty much what I would expect in a college cafeteria. Only CS places we ever found to be acceptable were in Epcot or AK, MK is void of tasty CS food.
Seriously? You get char siu pork in a college cafeteria? What college serves marinated shrimp on tangy slaw as an appetizer? Did your alma mater serve ooey gooey toffee cake?

I have a feeling your last name might be Bicker.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Kings Island offers a meal deal of entree, side and drink for $14.99. They also offer an "all day dining" option for $29.99. You can order a meal every 90 minutes all day long.

Or, you can leave the park and walk to your car (10 minutes) and drive to a Chipotle, Taco Bell, Outback, Buffalo Wings and Rings, McDonalds, Wendy's, Popeyes, Viva Tequila Tacos and Bar, El Rancho Nuevo, Dairy Queen, Jimmy Johns, Ruby Tuesday plus sushi, chili, pizza, subs, "diners", etc. all a mile down the road. If you run through the drive-thru you could have your food and be back at the park for a total trip time of 30-40 minutes.
You forgot Skyline Chili.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My coworker's college age daughter was coming back from Europe through an airport in Switzerland. A mediocre burger with drink was well over $30usd so she decided to skip that meal and buy her Mom a small souvenir instead.

If Switzerland had a Disney park, a plate of fries would be $20 and come with a smear of ketchup inside a tiny paper cup 🎇
And you'd have to pay half a euro for the ketchup.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I've put a lot of work on this trip so we can have the best time as a family, and it all came down to 3 FPs to the rides we wanted to ensure the shortest lines possible, and not the FPS everyone wants. I had a total of 11 ADRs and ended up keeping 3 for unique experiences that we can't have anywhere else (BOG, CRT, and Tusker House), and I added tons of breaks to chill so we can go to lounges, ice cream shops and galleries. In by 9 am and out by 5 pm every day. Also, the schedule is now 3 park days and 2 hotel days even though I had bought park hopper/multiple days tickets.

It is not sad, it is just a reality that WDW is not for everyone and the definition of happiness varies. When I joined this forum back in March I thought I was going to do EVERYTHING, now that I'm close to the trip, scaling down is what it will work for us. My kids still don't care about MK and Disney movies, even when I hype them up. They are looking forward to the Epcot pavilions and the animals at Animal Kingdom.
Your intricate and meticulous planning is obvious by the questions you asked and the sub-forums you visited. I still find it sad that you had to tailor (read: reduce) your expectations so you and your family could have a happy trip.

mdcpr

Your intricate and meticulous planning is obvious by the questions you asked and the sub-forums you visited. I still find it sad that you had to tailor (read: reduce) your expectations so you and your family could have a happy trip.
Again not sad. My intricate planning (I'm OCD and Type A personality) actually allowed me to tailor this to perfection by redefining what perfection is for my family. Reducing rides and expectations is nothing bad. Going to WDW does not mean doing every ride, eating every kind of food imaginable and be out all day until the point of exhaustion. This makes sense for uber fans, but not for a lot of people. I understand what you are saying, and you seem very caring and nice, but you are missing my point, my family's happiness is my #1 priority, and I'm happy when they are happy. Is like if I wanted to go to Italy and they wanted to go Holland--we'll go to Holland and eat stroopwafels, instead of gelato. :)

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Again not said. My intricate planning (I'm OCD and Type A personality) actually allowed me to tailor this to perfection by redefining what perfection is for my family. Reducing rides and expectations is nothing bad. Going to WDW does not mean doing every ride, eating every kind of food imaginable and be out all day until the point of exhaustion. This makes sense for Uber fans, but not for a lot of people. I understand what you are saying, and you seem very caring and nice, but you are missing my point, my family's happiness is my #1 priority, and I'm happy when they are happy. Is like if I wanted to go to Italy and they wanted to go Holland--when we'll go to Holland and eat stroopwafels, instead of gelato. :)
I weep for your generation since you never got to experience the joy of WDW in the Glory Days.

And I believe you can find gelato in Holland... maybe even put some on your stroopwafels...

epcotisbest

If indeed the behavior is so bad that people are directed toward it, why do you folks that are complaining about it still continue to go there?
We saw it multiple times and got so tired of the ridiculous behavior we flat out quit going to my favorite park in the fall except mornings and early afternoons midweek, never on the weekends again.

There are probably plenty of people who no longer go.

mdcpr

I weep for your generation since you never got to experience the joy of WDW in the Glory Days.

And I believe you can find gelato in Holland... maybe even put some on your stroopwafels...
You weep for my generation? Yikes! You don't even know how old I am. And experiencing WDW in its Glory Days does not really add to anyone's life experience--it is just one more thing.

And yes, you can find gelato in Holland, just like you can find it in Michigan. But eating gelato at a piazza in Venice tastes so much better.

Lilofan

You weep for my generation? Yikes! You don't even know how old I am. And experiencing WDW in its Glory Days does not really add to anyone's life experience--it is just one more thing.

And yes, you can find gelato in Holland, just like you can find it in Michigan. But eating gelato at a piazza in Venice tastes so much better.
Venice or NYC, can't tell the difference.

eliza61nyc

I can never really relate to this statement whenever anyone says it. Every generation thinks the time they experienced was great. Are we supposed to feel that now our trips are some how lacking? I watch all those old videos of Martin's never saw one that made me say"wow that must have been so cool".
I guess I've been lucky, I've have nothing but spectacular vacations to Disney. I will say though I don't measure my vacation success based on the number of rides I ride so it maybe a little easier for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom