Too much alcohol and drinking at WDW parks

doctorcfjh

I wholeheartedly believe that the premise of Disneyland to create a place where parents and children could have fun together is excellent. It was, and is, much more than that and embraces, and is embraced by, a far broader demographic. Walt banned alcohol to avoid people being drunk in Disneyland; to differentiate his Magic Kingdom from other amusements parks where the crowds were inebriated, mostly adult and not safe or family friendly environments. Times have changed and the perception of Disney themeparks is very different to the preconceptions of amusement parks that predominated when Disneyland opened.

Walt was not teetotal. I see no rational justification for the idea that the Disney parks should be totally alcohol free. To echo the remarks of former posts – I have never seen anyone drunk in the Disney parks (DL/DCA/MK/Epcot/DHS/DAK/Resorts/DLRP). Therefore the goal of controlling alcohol has been achieved. If adults wish to enjoy an alcoholic beverage (we never use the word beverage in the UK – weird) at Disney and it enhances there enjoyment then so be it. Lets hope Disney continues to make the most happiness for the most people. Well done the Walt Disney Company!

doctorcfjh

On another note there seems little difference between levels of alcohol consumption between France and the US parks. There is nowhere to purchase drinks without buying food with it in Paris as far as I know.

Safe alcohol consumption per week is around 40 units by all acounts (by that I mean the equivalent of 40 shots). You're risk of cardiovascular disease is significantly lower if drinking a moderate amount of alcohol each week. Disney is simply concerned about people's coronary arteries. :animwink:

bennyw01

If adults wish to enjoy an alcoholic beverage (we never use the word beverage in the UK – weird) at Disney and it enhances there enjoyment then so be it.

HERE HERE :sohappy:

bennyw01

yeah you goto buy food to get the alchohol yet they serve it in the magic kingdom park in a larger quantity its alot more relaxed, if i remember i have been drinking there since i was around 15. i believe. its so relaxed its un true, america is so highly strung, i remember once i got shouted at by a poor bar man in typhoon for carrying a beer to my dad, being 18 at the time i couldnt even hold the beer to my father whos hands were full with my mothers drinks, rediculous, if i wanted a beer in america id ask my rents or anyone to get it for me and drink it in closed quarters then go out, which ive done before, the whole of area needs to relax about the situation. its not a huge deal if we act responsibily?

bennyw01

you know being a teenager i just go in from a crawl down in brighton, id love to be in disney right now, it would super hit the spot.

epcot espessially, id love to get loaded and ride like imagination or test track or something, we dont get that luxary, let who ever can enjoy it! :king:

and whats this i hear about them not letting people take cocktails onto GF anymore? isnt that tradition? let up. :slurp:

bennyw01

teetotal be quit silly as well as alchohol can be healthy at times, guiness during pregancy is advised, anyone else heard that? and like french people drinking a glass of wine a day is renound and can lead to healthy lifestyles, its a choice, nothing should be forced on anyone espessially not on vacation, i think frontier land would benefiet for a real life western bar ID entry the lot, if it wasnt for walts wishes this would be the case i hope.

Testtrack321

if im honest todays units are:

5 beers
3 jagermeisters (bombs)
4 double vodka redbulls
7 apple sours
a smirnoff ice
and a triple bacardi pepsi.

its not a huge deal, im actually coming down and im resposible, yeah amounts are high but in disney people should really just chill out its laid back, drinking around the world is great its expected, in paris you can get like 3 pint glasses of beer in the actual castle. alchohol really isnt a big deal

I dunno if you chaps have Bazooka Joe bubble gum there, but try the proportions of a jagerbomb, but instead use Bacardi Limon, tastes just like the gum!

bennyw01

that sounds awesome, i love jagerbombs possibly my fave drink, try WKD blue and Port tastes just like vimto!

and i got a cocktail involving beer and jager that tastes just like dr pepper? anyone interested.

cdunbar

Umm the op sounds like this guy I dated earlier this year we went on one date and I had a drink to calm my nerves we got out to the restaurant parking lot where we had dinner and he asked for my keys. He said I was drunk Im like umm no. That was over before it started! Ha! If you don't like the fact that people drink, thats your business but if we went to drink or if we want to hand our kids a drink thats our business. The thing is, and let me tell you this from experience, if you try and control something that you literally can have no control over the only person your hurting is yourself.

P.S.-
Do you know for a fact that the person was not 21? I'm 21 and I don't look it! Think about that...:lookaroun

bennyw01

well put, dsney ID everyone and its always one drink per person im sure? he must of been 21, im not saying people are up tight they just should possibly have a drink them selves relax, one drink isnt going to harm anyone, espessially not on vacation

The Empress Lilly

I believe in Walt's dream of having a family friendly park and enviornment for children and adults alike to have fun and relive their feelings fo childhood

I do not believe in serving and over-serving alochol at the World.
Neither do I. :wave:

Most people are responsible drinkers. Many, however, are not. And they do not mix well with the magic of the parks.

I would much prefer alcohol free parks. I would also prefer a little less hostility in this thread.

bennyw01

im sorry i dont mean to come across hostile, im just quite heated about the conversation of booze, its so frowned upon by people for no reason, people who drink arnt bad people.

next its smoking, fe its second hand smoke blah blah, but dont frown on the people who choose to do it. its enjoyable with a pint goes hand in hand

hack2112

Wait, I just had an revelation!!! Maybe if you get drunk before going on the new SSE, it would be the best ride ever!!! The cartoon at the end could be really trippy, if you think about it...

bennyw01

hense why i said imagination! imagine hearing a train coming at you then suddenly your in and upsidedown house! alcohol makes for bad rehabs good! FACT

Testtrack321

Neither do I. :wave:

Most people are responsible drinkers. Many, however, are not. And they do not mix well with the magic of the parks.

I would much prefer alcohol free parks. I would also prefer a little less hostility in this thread.

The initial hostility came from the OP, now we're just having fun.

Hey guys, what's your favorite drink (if you're legal age of course guys!)?

Mine would have to be 312, this great beer here. Amazing.

bennyw01

312 never heard of it, ill try it next time im out, we rarely get state side beers over here, i had some mic ultra light the other day but we get bud and coors is spreading fast here its in all the bars in my local.

but favourite drinks id have to say carling top. ask fr any beer with a top, (squirt of lemonade to the top) makes it all the worth while

but what i usually do is buy a beer nd a double vodka red bull , drink half the beer and then fill it to the top with the dvr. its a Ben Whitmore original and i love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom