Tomorrowland?

Tom Orrow

Original Poster
Just wondering what they put in place of the theater inbetween CoP and Spaceranger Spin because I thought they demolished it? :shrug:

Master Gracey 5

Right now, a wall.

Hopefully they find something creative to put in that space - either a new show or ride or something else to draw people there.

tizzo

Maybe a Charater Meet and Greet?

They used to put Buzz on the walkway up to CoP, but last time I was there they had him in front of the wall that was erected across the front of the theater. So I think there is a new meet and greet, but it is not in the space formerly occupied by the theater, but in the space where the theater entrance used to be.

We were there for a very busy day, I think it was July 4 weekend, when they were moving people out of Tomorrowland through the backstage area. We left just to the left of Buzz Lightyear, and emerged onto Main Street by Tony's Town Square restaurant. It was dark, and I wasn't really looking to see what was back where the theater used to be, but all I could see was parking lot.

Tony

wdwwdeagle

On NYE-eve (Dec 30, and I'm assuming 31st) they had the backstage parking area open to funnel people up to the front of main street. There is definitely parking back there, but on that day it wasn't full of cars. Mainly vans/vip limo type vehicles, and not that many of them. It also seemed to be a bit of a storage area where props and such are housed. I didn't see any remnants of the old theater, or anything that looked like it might replace the theater.

They had taken all of the benches out of the park, and set them up back there, along with several tables and chairs, and were allowing people to sit back there to watch the NYE fireworks/perimeter show. We ended up sitting back there to watch, and it was a pretty good view with a MUCH smaller crowd than up on main street. We were told by a CM (Dustin?) that they only open it a few days per year, so we thought it was pretty cool to hang out back there for a while.

Also, yes, Buzz was in front of that wall for m&g last month (March). They even have a little queue area set up for folks to wait in line. He came and went from that backstage area, I believe.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I didn't see any remnants of the old theater, or anything that looked like it might replace the theater.
There is nothing left. It is just tarmac now. Nothing will replace it for a few years at least.

WDWhumanmap

nobody said progress was easy nor was it going to make people happy.:cry: There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and it's just a dirt mound of dreams ahead (with nothing going there for yrs) and that's progress.:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom