Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, TTA is pretty nice, and does add a much needed sense of motion to Tommorowland.
But, imagine a fully-funded, modified-track, bugs-worked-out....

ROCKET RODS 2.0!

(drools...)

CaptChris

TTA

I love the TTA!!!!

It is a great way to take a load off the feet, or to just get away from the crowds, or if you're a chicken, ride it, while the rest of your party rides SPace Mountain.

When I was a kid, I was the biggest chicken of roller coasters. I remember riding the then WEDway People Mover while my parents rode Space Mountain. I must've ridden it 10 times during that visit to WDW!!

It's great, and I hope that Disney Imagineering leaves it as is. Some dressing up might be nice, but the track layout, and the overall theming must stay the same!

NakedMickey

Boy if they made the people mover faster that would be so funny! Imagine seeing people fly out of the cars when it makes a turn. With how fast it is right now I sometimes find myself getting thrown around.

Sorry, if I keep calling it the people mover, but that's what it's always been to me.

barnebd5

TTA is a great attraction...because when you are riding it and are relaxing, you know in your heart that this is what Walt wanted.

Dwarful

On our last trip in 2002, our 2yr old fell asleep on this ride. I ended up riding this ride for about 45 minutes because she was asleep on me, they never made me get off..because there was no line, my husband took the other kids to ride some rides, worked out great for us, its a ride we never miss and often have to ride more than once.

suzynstitch

it's always funny when people tell me how relaxing it is...it's never that relaxing for me. of course, that could be due to the fact that i am stuck walking the belt for 45 min to an hour at a time! no, the tta is a great ride. telling people to sit down, getting good exercise, and being up in a wind tunnel are just additional perks!

maelstrom

The Wedway (I have never called it the TTA, ha) is the first thing I do upon arriving at the MK. One time, when going through Space Mountain, the lights were on and I got to see the tracks, which was very cool. I think that with the Skyway gone especially, Wedway gives you a good overhead view of Tomorrowland. :)

antoinebusby

Original Poster
Up until I started learning from you all, I had no idea what the TTA was. I really didn't know that the thing actually went inside Space Mountain. That is awesome.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
What drop??? lol

As soon as you enter Space Mountain on the TTA, you go up the ascension on a separate track in between the two tracks where the actual Space Mountain cars go on. Then, when you hit the peak, the TTA goes down a 50 foot drop and throws you into a batwing, corkscrew, and then a wicked 35 degree banked turn almost all at the same time. If you're looking for a sampling of the thrills and spills that Space Mountain offer, ride the TTA. Just remember though -- there are no restraints on the TTA -- you just have to pray that centrifugal force and gravity keeps you pinned to your seat ;)

HEY MOM!!! LOOK!!! NO HAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDS!!!

wdwjmp239

Re: On-ride video of TTA!

Originally posted by antoinebusby
Hi all,

I don't know if this is old news or not, but the link below will take you a 9:27 video of the TTA. It is really good. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Take care all!

http://www.intercot.com/magickingdom/newtomorrowland/tta/default.asp

Yes, the video is quite old. If you watch the video.. watch the background.. you can see the old "Skycab Ride" ;)

Just thought I'd share that with all you Disney Addicts !

(Hey.. I'm an addict too.. :) :)

stingrock23

The TTA is just so relaxing. I go on it several times each time i visit wdw.

I dont' mind the change from wedway to tta, just moving along with the whole tomorrowland change from back in the mid ninetees.

figmentmom

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
As soon as you enter Space Mountain on the TTA, you go up the ascension on a separate track in between the two tracks where the actual Space Mountain cars go on. Then, when you hit the peak, the TTA goes down a 50 foot drop and throws you into a batwing, corkscrew, and then a wicked 35 degree banked turn almost all at the same time. If you're looking for a sampling of the thrills and spills that Space Mountain offer, ride the TTA. Just remember though -- there are no restraints on the TTA -- you just have to pray that centrifugal force and gravity keeps you pinned to your seat ;)

HEY MOM!!! LOOK!!! NO HAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDS!!!

Those little barf bags come in handy, though...:lol:

jeffgn

The TTA is a great ride. It's a great way to get away from the crowds. The fact that most people skip it makes it a ride that you can always get on easily.

JeepGuy77

I too like the TTA however I fell it needs tome upgrades. It's not till you ride this attraction do you see how much Tomorrowland is in need of something "new" The "tunnels" are quite dirty and need cleraning/paint and its sad driving by the carousel of prograss which isnt in operation and the Tomorrowland stage which is usually empty. Its like the whole half of Tomorrow land is dead. Makes me sad. If they do get rid of carousel od progress. sniffle sniffle. I hope thjey keep the TTA. Its a great thing to do while you are waiting for your fastpasses to mature.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by JeepGuy77
....... I hope thjey keep the TTA. Its a great thing to do while you are waiting for your fastpasses to mature.

I like how that's said... "Waiting for your fastpasses to mature..." ;)

Then again, when I'm at "The World" -- I'm totally IMMATURE ;)

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom