Tomorrowland Transit Authority

EpcoTim

Originally posted by Space Ranger 1
Where did you watch the ride video with the old TTA voice? I would love to have a copy of that. I too enjoyed the original voice.

I have the video of the original ride, I think it came from digital disney

Yellow Shoes

Originally posted by tenchu
if necessary, you can nurse a baby in there

Not the first thing I usually do, but whatever floats your boat! :lol:

:wave:

Obviously you've never had a desperate baby $ucking on your shirt.

And just FYI--Hall of Presidents is another good place.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Obviously you've never had a desperate baby $ucking on your shirt.

And just FYI--Hall of Presidents is another good place.
Hey, what a great new thread to start--Best places to nurse you baby while in a park at WDW!:)

Nansafan

TTA is a must-do on our list. First ride when we visit the MK for the first time in a trip and last ride at the end of our trip. We've been lucky enough to catch, on several occasions, Space Mountain with the lights on, even have some video of it. One of the best castle snap shots we have is from the TTA as well (both night an day shots). We love the TTA. "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow! Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give him a ring."

rokcandy

I went on the TTA for the first time a little over a week ago, and I had wondered what was so great about it as well. I admit it's a good ride to take a breather on; my mom loved it and wanted to go on again. My dad was like "Please no!!" lol, but I think that's because it was making him fall asleep, and he really wanted to ride Pirates lol. I liked seeing the Prototype City model and being inside Space Mtn...I love that music! heh.

MicBat

Never have I seen this ride with a wait. It's great!! I think it was built to have no wait, though. Why else would they have a moving platform (escalator w/o steps) to get to the top. This is a ride that, if you're stressed out (which I would hope you're not, at WDW) you can just sit back and relax. And on a hot day, it's a breezer. The speed is just right to give you a cool breeze and it's under a overhang.

kennyj29

I think this ride is a ritual with most families! We ride it first thing and end the day with it. It's the MOST relaxing ride and when your feet are killing you, you can't beat it!! It doesn't affect any other rides because it's above ground! We love it and like everyone else said, it rarely has any line!:sohappy: :sohappy:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The TTA has grown on me, probably because of the dozen times I rode it last year. :lol: I liked the WEDway PeopleMover, because it brought/brings back memories of riding it when I was a teenager. :) I think I found a RealVideo recording of the ride on ABMD.

leeocean

My friends and I spent an hour on the TTA during the MVMCP on Dec. 5, 2002. It was pouring and we wanted to stay out of the rain so the cast member just let us go around and around. Plus, I love going inside Space Mountain on the TTA!

dox

Wasn't the narrator on the Wedway PeopleMover (not the TTA guy) the same guy who does the monorail narration??

Although i love riding TTA, my favorite aspect of it is how it travels all over Tommorowland and is visible from all over the park. One of the best parts of TL is walking around with all that activity going on. I can't imagine how DL's TL looks without it.

CoraJack

Account Suspended
The TTA is classic Disney. We always stay on more than once. My son would ride it for hours and he's 12.

I'm sure it's a great place to nurse a baby, but the LAST place I'd be taking my baby is to WDW.

Ah, the horror! Sunburned, screaming babies a WDW just ruin my day. It makes my stomach hurt to see the poor, little things so uncomfortable. And it's not like they will ever remember their "first" Disney trip. :hurl:

antoinebusby

Original Poster
I really can't wait to ride this thing! I didn't even know that it took you THROUGH Space Mountain. I read somewhere that it just gets you really close to Space Mountain, but they didn't say anything about it going inside of Space Mountain. I am really psyched now.

Can't wait!

WDWJunkie

Banned
The TTA has an appeal to me that's unlike any other ride in the park. Sure, it's not thrilling, it's not the fastest ride, and it's not even one of the most popular. But, for me, I love riding the TTA because it's incredibly relaxing. It's a great way to get off your feet after having traveled all through the park, while still actually going on a ride. It's a great way to kill time while waiting to use one of your FastPasses, whether for the nearby Space Mountain, or even for Big Thunder Mountain on the other side of the park. If you enjoy people-watching, you get a great view of all Tomorrowland and can watch those walking on by. And best of all, it never gets old. I can ride it over, and over, and over, and over, etc..etc..etc....and love it each and every time. In fact, on my next trip in September, I'm planning on videotaping the ride at least once.

jborda87

I went on this ride like 6 times in a row while waiting for my Space Mountain Fastpass time to come up and I saw something new everytime I went on. This is a great ride because it is funny when little kids stand up and the cast memeber keeps yelling out them through the speakers during the whole ride. :lol:

bgraham34

In a odd way it is one of my favorite rides because it is so relaxing, there is never a wait and you can rest your feet. So It is probably my favorite non real fun ride.

Long Live Peter Pan

DigitalDisney

I love the TTA for a number of reasons:
- It adds a certain kinetic feel to Tomorrowland. There could be nobody around, but the constantly cycling vehicles add a sense of motion to Tomorrowland.
- It is a good way to estimate how long the Space Mountain line really is. If there is no wait outside, then you really have no idea how long the line is inside.
- Got 10 mins left on your Fastpass? Give the TTA a spin!
- It is the only way to see the original model of EPCOT

I could go on and on....

The TTA really is a great pleasurable, casual ride to go on.

figmentmom

I'm a rabid fan of TTA, also! There's no more relaxing way to get off your feet for a few minutes AND get a great tour of Tomorrowland! I've never encountered a line at all. It's just plain fun!

P.S. Ride it at twilight for some great views of the Castle when the lights are just coming on - it's just magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom