Tomorrowland Transit Authority reopening date pushed back a week to Sep 1

hardcard

It seems like you're the only one who says so... if you don't have any deets I kinda think you're talking out of your ash

don't need to justify myself to you.. but I will say that DOZENS of workers have been pouring in and out of space mountain by the literal bus-load for the past 4 months... I haven't seen the inside first hand, but what do you think the guys are doing in there? Playing Poker?

Ladder races?

I didn't say they were stripping the building down to the studs, but you don't work non stop with dozens of workers for 4 months (with 3 1/2 left to go) and do NOTHING..

what the hell is a deet?

jt04

don't need to justify myself to you.. but I will say that DOZENS of workers have been pouring in and out of space mountain by the literal bus-load for the past 4 months... I haven't seen the inside first hand, but what do you think the guys are doing in there? Playing Poker?

Ladder races?

I didn't say they were stripping the building down to the studs, but you don't work non stop with dozens of workers for 4 months (with 3 1/2 left to go) and do NOTHING..

what the hell is a deet?

Well, that is interesting. Someone posted a pic of the "operations" area of this project and there were desks/computers/paperwork everywhere. This SM deal is no small project and I have never seen so much secrecy around any refurb before, so who knows?

:lookaroun

hpyhnt 1000

Well, that is interesting. Someone posted a pic of the "operations" area of this project and there were desks/computers/paperwork everywhere. This SM deal is no small project and I have never seen so much secrecy around any refurb before, so who knows?

I don't know... Living with the Land is giving SM a run for its money when it comes to being pretty secretive. :lol: ;)

Interesting about the date being pushed back. Doubt much will come of it for the TTA though...

DiPSU224

NOOOOO! :(

I am trying to be optimistic but I am disappointed. I've been on trips when PoTC, SM and RnRC have been closed and I wasn't this disappointed. It's just not a trip to the world without loop after loop on the TTA. Oh well, there's always next year...

MousDad

I was not talking about TDO being lazy about the TTA. They probley have done more more on the TTA than anything. What I was guessing was not a whole lot of stuff have not been going on inside the mountain including whatever kind of stuff to cover the mounntain inside so people can't see whats going on with the refurb of SM riding the TTA.

Well, that is interesting. Someone posted a pic of the "operations" area of this project and there were desks/computers/paperwork everywhere. This SM deal is no small project and I have never seen so much secrecy around any refurb before, so who knows? :lookaroun

In case anyone missed Steve's post a couple days ago:

No nothing on that at all. It doesnt seem that much has been done at all. The word I have for both SM and TTA is not to expect much in terms of show improvements, certainly nothing on the scale of HM, Pirates or HoP.

EPCOTPluto

No nothing on that at all. It doesnt seem that much has been done at all. The word I have for both SM and TTA is not to expect much in terms of show improvements, certainly nothing on the scale of HM, Pirates or HoP.

Hopefully with the TTA they have been able to address the vehicle reliability issues at least.

Ah, I know as a fact I missed that yesterday. :(

At least it would be a decent refurb on both attractions. Though you may think there would be more done....

And vehicle reliability issues? :shrug:

Buried20KLeague

A couple tables with a few computers gives some indication of the scope of the project? :lol:

Hey, this SM refurb might be the greatest thing since sliced bread... And I hope it is... But those couple pics don't mean anything.

And I don't think this refurb has been any more secretive than HM, SSE, or the sea cabs. I truly believe that this is gonna be one of those where nobody's going to know if we're going to be happy or not till the first of us ride it.

Lee

Adventurer
Blah......those photos show nothing interesting, and certainly don't give any indication of the scope (or lack thereof) of the refurb.

jt04

A couple tables with a few computers gives some indication of the scope of the project? :lol:

Hey, this SM refurb might be the greatest thing since sliced bread... And I hope it is... But those couple pics don't mean anything.

And I don't think this refurb has been any more secretive than HM, SSE, or the sea cabs. I truly believe that this is gonna be one of those where nobody's going to know if we're going to be happy or not till the first of us ride it.

Well it's at least 5 computers, and that is just what can be seen from that angle. This is obviously more than a cleaning and a few new welds.

And I still remember the insider information posted somewhere that when the scope of the project was announced to the CM's that needed to be in the know, there were loud cheers. So we will see. I'm still optimistic. :D

rooneymouse

Well it's at least 5 computers, and that is just what can be seen from that angle. This is obviously more than a cleaning and a few new welds.

And I still remember the insider information posted somewhere that when the scope of the project was announced to the CM's that needed to be in the know, there were loud cheers. So we will see. I'm still optimistic. :D
Still? So this optimism may one day fade? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom