News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Anyone want to ask, if the new conductor might have the voice of the "mayor" of main street who was let go durning the pandemic and none of the equity main street cast has come back yet? If there going to hype up this new narration by a person who grew up on main street and actually reference a "mayor" like figure.. I mean, fair game to ask?
The Mayor of Main Street was not let go during the pandemic. He passed away in 2017.

JohnD

If it is, I doubt it'll last long before Tron officially opens and Splash is pulled for the retheme and they add a blurb about Tiana movin' on in
"Movin' on in
On the west side
To a dee-lux laughin' place
in the grou-ou-ound!

(The second verse is perfect and doesn't need to be changed)
Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin'
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in the big leagues
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby
There ain't nothin wrong with that.

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/thejeffersonslyrics.html

Too soon? If it's good enough for the Jeffersons...

JoeCamel

pluto77

All my trips to WDW, we've never been on the train, even as a child. My husband always liked the one in Disneyland (he grew up there).
Now I feel like we have to ride it with this build up, but I also feel it can never live up to my expectations. 😂
In the end it’s just a train that many other theme parks also have, so I wouldn’t set up unrealistic expectations. 😂 It’s nothing spectacular, but it’s nostalgic and a good way to “tour” the park. And it’s a nice way to take a little brake from the hustle and bustle of the day. I’ll also say that having it not running for so long has taken a little bit away from the atmosphere for me. So I’ll be glad to have it back.

TrainsOfDisney

Disneyland's train is much better in my opinion.
They are both quite nice - I like the larger locomotives at WDW as well as an actual grade where you can hear the locomotives work (or slip as the case may be now). The stretch in the woods actually feels like a train ride vs. the non-stop Disney created scenery - Same thing when comparing riverboat to riverboat.

But the Disneyland locomotives all have a unique history and are of different styles and builders, the haven’t been modernized with electronic starters. The stretch of track they added is really beautiful as well- arguably I like it more as an addition than galaxies edge.

So both are great!!!

EricsBiscuit

Just really happy to have this back. My kids don’t even remember it because it’s been so long. It will be great to share this with them again. It’s a simple pleasure but I love the simple pleasures of MK. Not everything needs a 45+ minute wait.
That’s the nice part about MK, there’s always something to do with no wait (and it’s not like they’re throw always either, they’re solid attractions). TSI, Steamboat, WDWRR, Tikki Room, CBJ, Philharmagic, HoP, Peoplemover, CoP and Laugh Floor.

ToTBellHop

That’s the nice part about MK, there’s always something to do with no wait (and it’s not like they’re throw always either, they’re solid attractions). TSI, Steamboat, WDWRR, Tikki Room, CBJ, Philharmagic, HoP, Peoplemover, CoP and Laugh Floor.
I feel similarly about every park other than DHS, honestly. DHS has some of WDW’s best rides but is nonetheless a very frustrating park to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom