News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

dreday3

Just really happy to have this back. My kids don’t even remember it because it’s been so long. It will be great to share this with them again. It’s a simple pleasure but I love the simple pleasures of MK. Not everything needs a 45+ minute wait.

The train has been closed for all our trips (October) since 2014! It was open between those times, but for some reason it was closed all the Octobers we were there. Maybe it was open in June 2011, but I don't remember.

I wonder if we will notice when we hear the train (for what will seem like the first time) in April!

I'm sure we will definitely make it a point to ride it.

Touchdown

Waiting for the moment when they open the park at the railroad station with the Good Morning Song again. Then walk in to main street to be greeted by the Cast Members waving.
Except that song was sung by the citizens of Main Street (who are no longer employed by WDW,) heavily features Zip a dee doo dah (which is now forbidden) and features a song about 7 lands to the MK (when there is now only 6.)

Last edited:

_caleb

Happy the train is back.

Also, I think it would be awesome if MK added a version of DL’s Primeval World diorama–they could do Florida swamps instead of the Grand Canyon. In my opinion, something like this would help move the railroad from “transportation” to “attraction” for more guests.

ToTBellHop

Except that song was sung by the citizens of Main Street (who are no longer employed by WDW,) heavily features Zip a dee doo dah (which is no forbidden) and features a song about 7 lands to the MK (when there is now only 6.)
And required locking guests outside the park gates, which they no longer do. And then the nail in the coffin is the daily 30-minute advance entry granted to resort guests.

rhythmlife07

Just really happy to have this back. My kids don’t even remember it because it’s been so long. It will be great to share this with them again. It’s a simple pleasure but I love the simple pleasures of MK. Not everything needs a 45+ minute wait.

I always rode the train with my grandparents and parents when we visited as a kid (my grandpa especially loved trains ... he passed a few years ago). Next May will be my first time riding with my wife and 3-year old (and my parents, now as grandparents themselves). I'm emotional just thinking about it. Simple pleasures indeed! :)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Disney has shared video from the train traveling around the park -

IMO the most important thing about the train is the kinetics it adds to the park. We rarely actually rode the thing, but we really missed seeing it moving around the loop. The train isn't just about the train, the train also makes Big Thunder a better ride, and Storybook Circus a better land, and the tapstyles at the front of the park a more magical experience.

rhythmlife07

IMO the most important thing about the train is the kinetics it adds to the park. We rarely actually rode the thing, but we really missed seeing it moving around the loop. The train isn't just about the train, the train also makes Big Thunder a better ride, and Storybook Circus a better land, and the tapstyles at the front of the park a more magical experience.

What an interesting perspective. I've never thought of that, but it's 100% true.

One of my favorite things as a kid (haven't been back since 2009 that the train has been running) was being able to hear the whistle from Fort Wilderness. It was like I knew I was at WDW.

JoeCamel

I always rode the train with my grandparents and parents when we visited as a kid (my grandpa especially loved trains ... he passed a few years ago). Next May will be my first time riding with my wife and 3-year old (and my parents, now as grandparents themselves). I'm emotional just thinking about it. Simple pleasures indeed! :)
Do you have pictures of your grandpa on the train? Might be nice to show them to your kid while riding. Enjoy

ToTBellHop

1671808264490.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom