News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Captain Barbossa

4 years later….
Yes, I know that covid happened and they had to make sure certain aspects of Tron were complete, (saying this so the excuse mob doesn’t come after me), but regardless, it shouldn’t have taken 4 years and 1/2 a month. The fact that this took as long as it did and that the DLRR was only closed for a year and 6 months, while having much more extensive work and alterations done to the track route and the additions of new show scenes, to accommodate GE construction is absolutely mind boggling.

Last edited:

Grumpy4196

Yes, I know that covid happened and they had to make sure certain aspects of Tron were complete, (saying this so the excuse mob doesn’t come after me), but regardless, it shouldn’t have taken 4 years and 1/2 a month. The fact that this took as long as it did and that the DLRR was only closed for a year and 6 months, while having much more extensive work and alterations done to the track route with the additions of new show scenes, to accommodate GE construction is absolutely mind boggling.
Clearly one park cares more than the other about the "show" and it's fans.

gorillaball

F4C4C8E9-C20E-48D4-9DF9-129F9DDF21DC.png
4DA05D32-3D94-4348-AE91-5F95DC10202C.png
193D70CB-AB31-476E-9B43-D62F7B747195.png
577FE36F-C17B-4A4F-8C80-F3AC9958F8CA.png

Disstevefan1

It’s truly a Christmas miracle! 🎄

I saw it on YouTube, it’s great to see the WDW RR is up and running for guests!

I am sincerely happy for the folks spending the big bucks to be at WDW for the holidays getting to be the first to ride the train again!

A couple of things:

The soundtrack still mentions splash mountain. They gotta remove that soon.

Wow, the tunnel through TRON is super boring. There are countless things they could have done.

Oh well, beggars can’t be choosers…

Captain Barbossa

I’ll give the new narration a 5/10. Very “meh”, which is what I expected. It started off promising (I liked the Adventureland part), but soon fell flat. The whole Peter Pan sequence is weird and feels out of place. And once you get through the Tron tunnel, there’s nothing until you approach Main Street Station. But what I miss the most are the references to “traveling on pure steam power”, the “iron horses”, and whatever little history/references to the train that the old script had.

Last edited:

fgmnt

Just really happy to have this back. My kids don’t even remember it because it’s been so long. It will be great to share this with them again. It’s a simple pleasure but I love the simple pleasures of MK. Not everything needs a 45+ minute wait.

The Magic in the Magic Kingdom, and Disne
Yes, I know that covid happened and they had to make sure certain aspects of Tron were complete, (saying this so the excuse mob doesn’t come after me), but regardless, it shouldn’t have taken 4 years and 1/2 a month. The fact that this took as long as it did and that the DLRR was only closed for a year and 6 months, while having much more extensive work and alterations done to the track route and the additions of new show scenes, to accommodate GE construction is absolutely mind boggling.
Because an equivalent sidelining of the train would have been unacceptable for the audiences of Disneyland. It’s the same reason they are content to leave a gaping, open wound in the center of EPCOT for 4 years; they know they can get away with it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Pretty sure it’s just Walter and Roy, but they probably have Lilly on standby in case the crowds pick up. This is the time of the year when they sometimes have to bring a 3rd train out.
But with the reservation system, it's pretty much impossible for crowds to pick up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom