News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As you round Story Book Circus, you can see the gravity building through the trees...

20220522_163317.jpg

And then, the full reveal...

20220522_163339.jpg

Here, let me get closer....

20220522_163358.jpg

And worst of all... closer still down that path!!!!....

20220522_163424.jpg

So disrespectful to sight lines...

20200203_164916.jpg

aladdin2007

As you round Story Book Circus, you can see the gravity building through the trees...

View attachment 671698

View attachment 671699

View attachment 671700

View attachment 671701

View attachment 671702
wow. they really have ditched all design and sight line aesthetics the parks were built and founded on. welcome to six flags kingdom.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
wow. they really have ditched all design and sight line aesthetics the parks were built and founded on. welcome to six flags kingdom.
Remember when they built an entire area along the rivers of America at Disneyland, to block the view of Galaxy’s edge and then also made the sight lines of big thunder Mountain fit into galaxies edge. Yeah they don’t care anymore. The Tron and Cosmic rewind sight lines are terrible. There’s no excuse for this.

cjkeating

View attachment 671698

View attachment 671699

View attachment 671700

View attachment 671701

View attachment 671702
What I can't understand is they painted the box grey in an acceptance that area was going to be seen [and have a Tomorrowland look] and then painted areas blue which weren't meant to be seen from guest areas but it seems like it is going to be very difficult to obscure the blue areas. They should have just painted it all grey?

Centauri Space Station

Remember when they built an entire area along the rivers of America at Disneyland, to block the view of Galaxy’s edge and then also made the sight lines of big thunder Mountain fit into galaxies edge. Yeah they don’t care anymore. The Tron and Cosmic rewind sight lines are terrible. There’s no excuse for this.
All that work and still a bad fit for the park

Andrew M

Looks like they are getting ready to finish the track on the other side -

View attachment 672452

The scaffolding is also down on the water tower at the Fantasyland Station -

View attachment 672453
Man, they love panel track..

What is the realistic timeline, testing starts late next month or even later?

Who knows anymore, all of this could have realistically been completed 2 months ago when the tunnel was finished. They're just taking their sweet time. I'd hope before Christmas at this point.

Andrew M

You kid, but WDW did charge for transportation when it first opened, and THEY WILL resume charging for transportation eventually...
Though that was long before Disney tried to keep guests inside the bubble.

I guess I should never say never, but the Disney Transportation is essentially the last remaining perk for staying on property. I can't see them ever doing this.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
You kid, but WDW did charge for transportation when it first opened, and THEY WILL resume charging for transportation eventually...
That will be almost an impossible task to charge for buses or monorail or boats to and from the parks directly… lets face it tho its already baked into your resort rooms anyways

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom