News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

JoeCamel

No idea. That spring 2023 date is bollocks. If they keep WDWRR closed that long, they are trolling us. Completely unnecessary.
If they get the landscaping done and mothball Tron again I could see them opening the RR but until the hardscape and plants are installed I can't see it.
We know the whole project could have been done a year ago but choices were made and they didn't shorten the timeline.

tparris

I feel like the railroad will almost certainly open this year. No insider knowledge, just speculation based on the current pace of construction. There’s more concrete pathway being laid almost every day, and today they were filling the large planters next to the tunnel with dirt. I’d say if they stay on track, Tron will be at least visually complete and show-ready within the next 1-2 months even if they work at a relatively slow pace. If they still choose to not open the railroad at that point then I’d wager it might just never reopen.

JoeCamel

I feel like the railroad will almost certainly open this year. No insider knowledge, just speculation based on the current pace of construction. There’s more concrete pathway being laid almost every day, and today they were filling the large planters next to the tunnel with dirt. I’d say if they stay on track, Tron will be at least visually complete and show-ready within the next 1-2 months even if they work at a relatively slow pace. If they still choose to not open the railroad at that point then I’d wager it might just never reopen.
With the amount of money they spent rebuilding engines and track with a new signaling system they will reopen the railroad.
If they didn't what would they do with all those AAs in the tunnel?

Patcheslee

Weren't they hiring CMs for the railroad a month or so ago? I'm not sure how CM positions go i.e. hired on job not ready go to Dumbo type deal. But surely they wouldn't want to keep CMs on hand without it operating too long would they?

Andrew M

The panel track is already built and waiting to be moved into place, and the tunnel has the rail mounts secured and waiting. So the track itself will take less than a week to complete once they're ready to.

From what I saw last Friday there was another small excavation taking place just south of the tunnel, so hopefully when whatever drainage structure they're putting in there gets installed they can get on with it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

People were almost certain Tron would open this year.

tparris

People were almost certain Tron would open this year.
True, but at the pace they’re going this thing will literally be sitting fully ready to go for 6 months. That’s ridiculous. Although they’ve recently shown they’re willing to be ridiculous over this stuff so who knows…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom