News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was originally confused by this image from today, but I think this is the next sections of track laying on the track that has already been put down.

1661383696397.png

Disone

Dan.... You and I were both there. I will miss
PXL_20220827_214534175.jpg

I will miss trainspotting from this vantage point. Before Tron this was an excellent spot to walk on that path to storybook circus and really get a great shot of the steam trains coming out of the fantasyland station and chugging it uphill towards main Street USA. Yes, it's uphill and it's a lot of work for the steam engines to come out of a full stop pulling a fully loaded train up a 1% grade. ( Going off memory on that 1%. I'm sure someone knows better)

On the rare cold day it was quite the show watching the white puffs shoot out of the smoke stack and the steam pistons as the steam engine put in its full effort getting the train up to speed. Makes me wonder how loud that tunnel is going to be since it's so soon out of the fantasyland station. The trains really going to be huffing and puffing when it goes through that tunnel. It will not be coasting through.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Dan.... You and I were both there. I will miss
View attachment 662909
I will miss trainspotting from this vantage point. Before Tron this was an excellent spot to walk on that path to storybook circus and really get a great shot of the steam trains coming out of the fantasyland station and chugging it uphill towards main Street USA. Yes, it's uphill and it's a lot of work for the steam engines to come out of a full stop pulling a fully loaded train up a 1% grade. ( Going off memory on that 1%. I'm sure someone knows better)

On the rare cold day it was quite the show watching the white puffs shoot out of the smoke stack and the steam pistons as the steam engine put in its full effort getting the train up to speed. Makes me wonder how loud that tunnel is going to be since it's so soon out of the fantasyland station. The trains really going to be huffing and puffing when it goes through that tunnel. It will not be coasting through.

I wasn't there, it was a shot from ResortTV1's live stream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom