News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

bpiper

I think you hit the nail on the head. Finishing the outside part of the ride would of allowed one of the parks most important attractions to be reopened more quickly. I really was confused that they didn’t prioritize that.
By not running the trains during construction, think about all the labor dollars that were saved. Never mind all the bio-diesel that was not purchased....

JoeCamel

By not running the trains during construction, think about all the labor dollars that were saved. Never mind all the bio-diesel that was not purchased....

Fair point
Think of the dollars spent on rebuilding engines, replacing track and signaling systems. Labor cost is a drop in the bucket, institutional knowledge is another story

Disstevefan1

Totally agree. TWDC is working quarter to quarter, to prop up the numbers to reassure its shareholders. They will try to spend as little as possible every quarter.

As for any of the work being done in WDW they can take as long as they want, folks are still coming, and spending.

bpiper

Think of the dollars spent on rebuilding engines, replacing track and signaling systems. Labor cost is a drop in the bucket, institutional knowledge is another story
I wouldn't be surprised if they included the upgrades to the railroad as part of the Tron budget since they had to rebuild that section of track. There's been reports from insiders that they like to load up a new rides budget with other peripheral projects. That happens in a lot of companies to. A project comes along that has a large budget and everyone wants to tack their stuff onto it.

Disone

The cost of the bio-diesel that they use is little anyways. They recycle the cooking oil that is used at the restaurants across the parks and resorts. And not to mention that most, if not all, of the refining process takes place on property.
Having taken the behind-the-steams tour has a bunch of times, I'm pretty sure the Recycled cooking oil is only used at Disneyland's Railroad.

The WDW Railroad engines are still using a mix of diesel/oil.

bpiper

The cost of the bio-diesel that they use is little anyways. They recycle the cooking oil that is used at the restaurants across the parks and resorts. And not to mention that most, if not all, of the refining process takes place on property.
I was under the impression that they can't use a very high percentage of biodiesel mixed with the diesel fuel or it will cause issues with injectors. I know a lot of places who use biodiesel specify no more than 5%. I have heard of some users using up to 20% biodiesel but that is the max. A Supplier near me got in trouble with the state by selling up to 40% bio-diesel when they were supposed to be selling 5%.

gerarar

Premium Member
I wonder if they could just run the train forwards and backwards. It would be great to see this running again.
It's been discussed in this thread already and the general consensus is that of safety reasons.
They can. They know how. They choose not to in an abundance of caution.

When incidents happen. BTM 2003, Monorail 2009, seven seas lagoon, Small World in Paris, etc... the company responds widely and drastically with internal policy and procedure changes.
As has been said, it’s not expertise.

The reduced visibility running anti clock from Circus or Frontierland is now considered to be below the threshold that’s now accepted to be required. Amongst some of the other points raised earlier.

ToTBellHop

Yeah I wonder why this hasn’t been discussed more on the forums?
I understand this is the very first time someone has suggested running the train as a shuttle. Disney has never considered this option and will surely discuss it now that they’ve become aware of the option. Thank God for these boards and its experts.

Also, I’d like to make a motion that Disney extend the monorail to DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom