News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

GlacierGlacier

Speedway is half-loaded with cars. Looks like landscaping is complete, with just slight alterations and polishing happening to the track. I could see this being open within a week.

parker4fm

Has anyone said what the construction is happening on the berm? Is this just to help with the railroad? Retention pond? Extend the berm further out?

Lensman

One time when I was little I got a car with a broken steering wheel so the whole darn time I was crashing back and forth. It was absolutely hilarious.
I had that experience a few years ago when on my ride to the airport with my car service.

Not so funny at the time (on the Pulaski Skyway), but in retrospect I view the ridiculousness of my experience with a certain amount of humor.

Seriously, is that really the way they are supposed to work? Growing up, I remember being unhappy with my driving every time. My experience was Autopia, btw.

Captain Barbossa

Captain Barbossa

Update on the WDWRR. The latest is that Walter is still in pieces. Roger is most likely next to Strasburg.
It seems that they’re running behind schedule, which isn’t a big deal at the moment. Track work between Main Street and Fantasyland Station was supposed to be completed in early April.

This is subject to change, and may already have, but once the track is finished, Roger will be brought back to the roundhouse and loaded up on a flatbed to Strasburg, regardless of Walter’s status. That doesn’t make a whole lot of sense if you ask me. They should just wait for Walter to be finished, then send Roger. Also, the Strasburg shops are currently packed with other locomotives that are being overhauled and there might not be any space for Roger until Walter leaves.

I’m not complaining one bit, but I wonder what caused them to change the lineup and send Roger next. (was supposed to be Roy) It’s been made known that Roger is the best performing locomotive. Who knows.

Whenever Roger heads to Strasburg, Roy will be put on display at Main Street. He’s currently being used for the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour. Lilly will then take over tour responsibilities. The crew is going through training right now for giving tours aboard her. She hasn’t been used for tours since her return.

Maybe they’ll just forget to send Roy!? I know eventually he’ll need the work too but with this kind of timeline we may see the Roy operate again pre-electric starter era! Ha
Originally, Roy was scheduled to go after Walter, but now they’ve decided to send Roger next, which means we’ll have a few more years than expected before Roy’s computerization. That’s perfectly fine with me because he’s my favorite locomotive. Luckily, Roy isn’t sitting cold and is fired up 5 mornings a week (Sun-Thurs) for the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour.

Last edited:

DHSCM

Photo from May 11th via the peoplemover. all the cars are lined up and ready looks like it will be opening soon and the same no new hybrid cars

Attachments

• IMG_8401.JPG
    IMG_8401.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 272

GlacierGlacier

So they’ll be drivable again?
They'll be as drivable as they can be.

"Doctor," says a man excitedly and dramatically holds up his heavily bandaged hands. "Will I be able to play the piano when these bandages come off?"

"I don't see why not," replies the doctor.

"That's funny," says the man. "I wasn't able to play it before."

They'll be as drivable as they can be.

"Doctor," says a man excitedly and dramatically holds up his heavily bandaged hands. "Will I be able to play the piano when these bandages come off?"

"I don't see why not," replies the doctor.

"That's funny," says the man. "I wasn't able to play it before."
you mean instead of just bounce back and forth since they're unsteerable?

jbolen2

It seems that they’re running behind schedule, which isn’t a big deal at the moment. Track work between Main Street and Fantasyland Station was supposed to be completed in early April.

This is subject to change, and may already have, but once the track is finished, Roger will be brought back to the roundhouse and loaded up on a flatbed to Strasburg, regardless of Walter’s status. That doesn’t make a whole lot of sense if you ask me. They should just wait for Walter to be finished, then send Roger. Also, the Strasburg shops are currently packed with other locomotives that are being overhauled and there might not be any space for Roger until Walter leaves.

I’m not complaining one bit, but I wonder what caused them to change the lineup and send Roger next. (was supposed to be Roy) It’s been made known that Roger is the best performing locomotive. Who knows.

Whenever Roger heads to Strasburg, Roy will be put on display at Main Street. He’s currently being used for the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour. Lilly will then take over tour responsibilities. The crew is going through training right now for giving tours aboard her. She hasn’t been used for tours since her return.

Originally, Roy was scheduled to go after Walter, but now they’ve decided to send Roger next, which means we’ll have a few more years than expected before Roy’s computerization. That’s perfectly fine with me because he’s my favorite locomotive. Luckily, Roy isn’t sitting cold and is fired up 5 mornings a week (Sun-Thurs) for the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour.

What is the time frame for reopening the rail road? In March when I was there they were still working on Main Street to Frontierland.

GlacierGlacier

What is the time frame for reopening the rail road? In March when I was there they were still working on Main Street to Frontierland.
Unknown. They could run it as a shuttle from main Street to Fantasyland and back and forth, but Tron is going to have the Fantasyland -> main Street stretch out of commission for a while.

They ran the train in a shuttle-mode during the construction of Splash, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom