News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

rocketraccoon

Possible, but I’ve found out the longer you drag a construction project out the more it winds up costing.

If they can build hotel towers in a little more than a year, there is no reason why they can’t do this quicker.
It'll cost more all together but less per quarter I believe. The overall cost of a project shouldn't matter much in the end if you split it into multiple years, just the cost per quarter and fiscal year.

Sucks that it takes a long time though. At least this is an addition so it's not shutting down some other ride for a few years.

jt04

Possible, but I’ve found out the longer you drag a construction project out the more it winds up costing.

If they can build hotel towers in a little more than a year, there is no reason why they can’t do this quicker.

No doubt. I think it is also about having something new and shiny for the MKs 50th.

There are always competing interests that go into these decisions. Budget/Ops/Marketing/Investors/Guest expectation.

It is too easy to just shout complaints at the umpire.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
It'll cost more all together but less per quarter I believe. The overall cost of a project shouldn't matter much in the end if you split it into multiple years, just the cost per quarter and fiscal year.

I don’t believe this is correct, from an accounting perspective capital expenditures are handled differently on the balance sheet.

tl77

They tend to have month long refurbishments of the Railroad every year, for a few years it was in Oct-Nov, but I thought last year they did it in January

Unbanshee

So where is wdwmagic getting the January 5th 2019 return date?

That's how long the refurb is listed for on Disney's website/MDE. If memory serves, the train has a rolling schedule of a few weeks at a time and I'm assuming it'll be extended. They had a multi-month refurb last year and didn't roll out the train to MSUSA, so I'm guessing this will be longer than just 1/5/19

Rteetz

That's how long the refurb is listed for on Disney's website/MDE. If memory serves, the train has a rolling schedule of a few weeks at a time and I'm assuming it'll be extended. They had a multi-month refurb last year and didn't roll out the train to MSUSA, so I'm guessing this will be longer than just 1/5/19
According to what I can see MDE shows it open on Jan. 5th. The website itself doesn't list any available hours on the 5th or for all of January for that matter.

nickys

Premium Member
According to what I can see MDE shows it open on Jan. 5th. The website itself doesn't list any available hours on the 5th or for all of January for that matter.

I just posted the calendar from the website in the last couple of pages, not MDE. And it shows the 5th. What calendar are you looking at?

Rteetz

I just posted the calendar from the website in the last couple of pages, not MDE. And it shows the 5th. What calendar are you looking at?
I clicked on the railroad under attractions and checked the hours for Jan. 5th and it says no times available.

rio

I don’t see why they just wouldn’t keep it closed and do a refurbishment on the engines since it won’t reopen until after the Christmas crowds leave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom