Tomorrowland new entrance

lazyboy97o

Nothing indicates when footage was filmed. Joe was the portfolio lead for Marvel, which explains him looking at the model of Rock ‘n Rollercoaster. It could just as well be that Marvel was considered for Tomorrowland, just like at Hong Kong Disneyland.

Ismael Flores

Nothing indicates when footage was filmed. Joe was the portfolio lead for Marvel, which explains him looking at the model of Rock ‘n Rollercoaster. It could just as well be that Marvel was considered for Tomorrowland, just like at Hong Kong Disneyland.

well it has to be recent since there is a head of Hondo from smugglers run already placed on the top of a cabinet. I think that would put it in a timeline after galaxy edge was in development.

lazyboy97o

well it has to be recent since there is a head of Hondo from smugglers run already placed on the top of a cabinet. I think that would put it in a timeline after galaxy edge was in development.
A timeline that greatly overlaps with Rohde’s tenure as head of Marvel projects.

britain

I had long known about the original idea to build a Star Wars coaster and remake half of Tomorrowland before the idea for Star Tours came along, but I had never SEEN the artwork ...before now!

1575389525652.png

Lots of artwork and even model shots here: https://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2019/12/discover-lucasport-other-star-wars-land.html

Makes you hope for a similar sort of bold move when it comes to Tomorrowland's future, huh?

Phroobar

Original Poster
I had long known about the original idea to build a Star Wars coaster and remake half of Tomorrowland before the idea for Star Tours came along, but I had never SEEN the artwork ...before now!

View attachment 430044

Lots of artwork and even model shots here: https://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2019/12/discover-lucasport-other-star-wars-land.html

Makes you hope for a similar sort of bold move when it comes to Tomorrowland's future, huh?
Looks better than what we got but it doesn't feel Star Wars. WDI could still use a lot of the concepts here for a new Tomorrowland. I like the glass building with the rocket jets inside. It could all be part of Horizons 2.0. Just need Seabase Delta and the volcano in the sub lagoon.

britain

While I appreciate the name LucasPort, the giant ice crystal look is incredibly stupid.

I think the crystal is fine, but it's surprising how exposed and non-futuristic the inner skeleton is. I guess that's just 1980's mall architecture for you! We're probably lucky this wasn't built.

I do think it's funny how Baxter just kept trying to build his crystals (The Land / Discovery Bay / Imagination) over and over, regardless of theme. :)

Personally I just like seeing that they were thinking about bold moves like rebuilding the submarine station, adding a canal to the lagoon that ran along the railroad, relocating the PeopleMover and the Monorail stations within the new complex, adding show buildngs beyond the train tracks, etc.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom