Tomorrowland new entrance

Sharon&Susan

The HS musical show preview was removed 2 weeks ago and replaced with the Star Wars: Path of the Jedi show. Which I don't believe is even an updated video from the last.
Did they ever update the version at WDW either for IX?

Still weird that for park guests Disney chose HSM The Series as the big Disney+ original to show off, with nary a mention of The Mandelorian.

Sharon&Susan

All the Tomorrowland rocks are now all gone, get ready for the new entrance flowerbeds!
1602648229576.png

Disneylover152

All the Tomorrowland rocks are now all gone, get ready for the new entrance flowerbeds!
View attachment 505215

I'm glad they are taking this time to work on stuff that would have been a pain to do if the park was open. Imagine how much of a pain it would be to have half of the Tomorrowland entrance behind walls, or the entire entrance to Frontierland walled off?

DLR92

I really hope they didn't cut down those trees, A good pruning would work just fine or if they are putting smaller trees then hopefully they transplanted these. Those trees are old and still quite healthy it would be sad for them to end up as mulch
Definitely! Repurpose the trees to other area suitable for them. I honestly loved Disneyland with it overgrown greenery. It Lush and provided moisture, shade!!!
I don’t know about others, but I find the Ficus trees to beautiful!

Tommorrowland enterance need a overhaul though.

TwilightZone

View attachment 505215
Thank goodness, part of me will miss them but they also didn't help with crowds in the slightest and weren't very pretty.

Now controversial opinion maybe but they should do the same in wdw, the purple rocks just don't do it for me.

Stevek

Thank goodness, part of me will miss them but they also didn't help with crowds in the slightest and weren't very pretty.

Now controversial opinion maybe but they should do the same in wdw, the purple rocks just don't do it for me.
Crowds will continue to be an issue as long as the Astro Orbiter is at the entry...that has to move back into the land somewhere...preferably back up top where it never should have moved from.

Ismael Flores

View attachment 505215

awesome hopefully now they use that space properly and are able to push back the queue overflow that bogged down the walking area.
The whole queue flwo for that attraction is not very well thought out. lots of space there off the walkways that can be used for overflow for both the fastpass line and regular queue

J4546

The entire east side of disneyland is just so terrible esp when compared to the west side. Nemo, Autopia, and all of tomorrowland is in need of a massive demolition/update. Nemo/Autopia are the 2 worst rides in the park imo, and they are such a massive waste of space. Demo both of them, reroute monorail and use that space for fantasy land expansion. Tomorrowland is bleh. I dont like that TL is star wars and toy story stuff. Move darth vade meet and greet to star wars land demo or reuse that building for something cool like a museum with rotating exhibits of cool disney stuff like props and set pieces from movies. Take Space Pizza and move it to Pixar Pier, put it in thte pixar pier pizza/pasta restaurant. Buzz lightyear could be reskinned with Wall-E I suppose, or tear it down and start fresh. SPace mountain needs a major refurb. I dont like the idea of tron coaster in DisneyLand right beside space mountain because tron coaster is basically space mountain 2.0. No need for 2 very similar coasters. Id rather take the outside launch/canopy idea from tron and completely redo space mountain using it for an all new experience. And lastly, the star tours...Im not a big fan of the ride but that would be the last thing I would mess with in terms of what I feel Tomorrowland needs. Maybe move it, maybe keep it, I could go either way.

wow this was a long meandering post

mickEblu

good those rocks were soo stupid in the first place. now movet he rockets to their original place and the entrance will begin to look like tomorrowland again.

The rocks were terrible but there is still something off about the new entrance concept art to me. Could be the color of the flowers in the front or maybe it’s the giant Astro orbiter that’s still clogging up the middle.

Disneylover152

The rocks were terrible but there is still something off about the new entrance concept art to me. Could be the color of the flowers in the front or maybe it’s the giant Astro orbiter that’s still clogging up the middle.
I think it's the two distinct architectural styles. The planters look totally different from the rest of the land. It would have turned out great in 5 years if there was no pandemic when the entire land got redesigned to look like those planters, but now we're just gonna have a really distinct astro orbiter next to these white mid-century planters.

George Lucas on a Bench

New version looks lame. It's just ovalish patches of grass with railings and flowers. The rocks were cool, but if they had to go, they could have done better than oval grass with flowers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom