News Tomorrowland love

GlacierGlacier

I've noticed that at least the past 2-3 times I've visited MK, and I don't understand the change in operating procedure
If the line to load guests onto the ride vehicles backs up (missing ride vehicle causes a gap, cone is taking up a car, guests spreading out amongst cars, any multitude of things), they can't keep putting people on the ramp. The ramp goes, but then there'd be nowhere for the people to go.

Any ramp delay wouldn't affect wait times, as long as people are still being placed up on the load platform as fast as they're leaving.

kpilcher

If the line to load guests onto the ride vehicles backs up (missing ride vehicle causes a gap, cone is taking up a car, guests spreading out amongst cars, any multitude of things), they can't keep putting people on the ramp. The ramp goes, but then there'd be nowhere for the people to go.

Any ramp delay wouldn't affect wait times, as long as people are still being placed up on the load platform as fast as they're leaving.
That makes sense, but it does create an awful lot of crowding in an already crowded area. I've seen cones from time to time, but are missing cars happening more frequently? I've never seen that in person.

HmmmmmMMMmm

The Cast members at TTA are really bad at filling those cars in the last few years. The line would move much faster if they would fill each car.
They're trained not to per managment request so that the speed ramp and the queue don't back up into each other. The ride was never meant to deal with the crowds it's been getting. And I love the classic future idea of the speed ramp but it comes with a lot of problems. A LOT.

General Mayhem

They're trained not to per managment request so that the speed ramp and the queue don't back up into each other. The ride was never meant to deal with the crowds it's been getting. And I love the classic future idea of the speed ramp but it comes with a lot of problems. A LOT.
It wouldn't back up as much if they were loading each car instead of skipping 3-5 every 30-60 seconds.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It requires too much to ask of the general public nowadays to expect them to be able to ride up a moving speed ramp and then get into moving vehicle in a timely manner.
Well, then, maybe it's time for Disney to get out of the theme park business altogether.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I’m sorry @HmmmmmMMMmm and @marni1971, I can’t wrap my head around this.

Here’s what I read above:
They hold people at the bottom because there’s nowhere to put them if they miss a car.

They are intentionally skipping cars to keep the ramp from backing up into the queue.

Isn’t this circular logic? I still can’t wrap my head around why they are intentionally skipping cars. Is it a problem with people exiting?

aladdin2007

The Cast members at TTA are really bad at filling those cars in the last few years. The line would move much faster if they would fill each car.

Not only this but they have been horrible at managing the overflow line that spills out into tomorrowland. The crowds form their own line wherever they want and it blocks right through the middle of the main walking traffic. Just seems to be a lack of management.

DocAlan02

Not only this but they have been horrible at managing the overflow line that spills out into tomorrowland. The crowds form their own line wherever they want and it blocks right through the middle of the main walking traffic. Just seems to be a lack of management.
When I was there last month, every time I went by there were CMs moving around stanchions to adjust the queue for it. Seemed like they had it under control.

Bocabear

Actually adding decor and scenes to the indoor sections would make this ride So-o much better... They must have lots of set pieces from Horizons and stitch laying around... Maybe the 5 minutes of inky blackness in the Space Mountain section could be enhanced with some show scenes... Maybe a Space Mountain heading towards you like TestTrack's truck... Something.... Anything.

DCLcruiser

Increase ridership?? It never used to have a line until the last few years. Let's keep people away.. that's my happy place.
Maybe I go off-peak? I usually just go up and sit down. Then it's boring. We used to see inside SM, etc.

At least I get to chuckle to myself about "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow."

TTA Is more popular than ever thanks to every blogger and youtuber talking it up. Sushhhhhhh
What is it talked up as? A place to sit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom