News Tomorrowland love

Castle Cake Apologist

Did they ever preserve that AA?
I only hope so.

When I worked ops in Tomorrowland a long time ago, they took us up into the old skyway station (RIP) and showed us a crate that they told us contained the torso of Timekeeper. They told us that that the head had been moved to the Archives.

Couldn't tell you if it was true, though. But it was cool to think it might be.

TwilightZone

When I worked ops in Tomorrowland a long time ago, they took us up into the old skyway station (RIP) and showed us a crate that they told us contained the torso of Timekeeper. They told us that that the head had been moved to the Archives.

Couldn't tell you if it was true, though. But it was cool to think it might be.
Well at least the head survived. That head is more important somehow to me, mainly due to what the head was based off of...

HonorableMention

On r/Defunctland a "study guide" for alien encounter was posted and it confirms that the light effect is in fact a cast member.

I mean, not that there was much debate about it, but it's nice to have a confirmation.

That poster also has the guides for Timekeeper, Horizons, and a few others. It’s been a while but they said they’d be posting them in the future, so be on the lookout

Disney Maddux

So with Wreck-It Ralph looking to be one of the main three IP's in the new Play Pavilion, I guess that officially kills off WiR taking over Stitch?

Monorail_Red_77

Gone for good or temporary?

I personally lean to gone for good but they could modify it to fit new the new direction of TL.

I say it’s gone for good.
Here’s my pic from Feb 9th.
They have changed the concrete to match the surrounding concrete and installed an electrical access box. For a while it was just a black spot or cover.

And here is the phone booth area. It too has an electrical box installed with permanent looking black cement. Possible to tie in with the black semi-circle at the bottom of the pic. My guess is that it is gone permanently as well.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

I say it’s gone for good.
Here’s my pic from Feb 9th.
They have changed the concrete to match the surrounding concrete and installed an electrical access box. For a while it was just a black spot or cover.

View attachment 351796

And here is the phone booth area. It too has an electrical box installed with permanent looking black cement. Possible to tie in with the black semi-circle at the bottom of the pic. My guess is that it is gone permanently as well.
View attachment 351797

RIP Tomorrowland '94. A part of me is a little sad to see the old placemaking go because Tomorrowland ops was my first role at the resort over a decade ago (Stitch, TTA, and Astro at first). I had a lot of fun working all over that space port and will miss quite a lot about it, but I really can't wait to see what's in store.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Poor Space :(

Didn’t they just clean/repaint the roof?...seems there is a little issue in this section
Given it seems to be isolated, I suspect it’s from all the foliage removal next door. It’s north west facing, so this time of year gets no sun to dry it out and is quite sheltered from the prevailing winds and rain.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom