News Tomorrowland love

MatheusPG

Seeing as it is impossible to return WDW to the 1970s and 80s, it probably is best management continues to focus on future expectations. Nostalgia can be detrimental to progress. Walt knew this which is why he insisted Disneyland not become a time capsule.

And a case can easily be made the parks actually are better than ever.
Hmmm you should compare Epcot Center with Epcot then....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The ride that most accurately depicts today's air travel experience is now closed.

Stitch's Great Escape. They dragged you into a pre-show (the boarding gate) where they lied to you about what you were going to see, then locked you into uncomfortable seats, spit water on you, blew foul-smelling gas at you, then kicked you out without even saying thanks.

I've been on worse dates.

Movielover

What airline do you fly on...?

Well those restraints did give you a decent pounding so it must be United...

1546770463524.png

seascape

Must be Spirit

I always fly on Spirit...
To show what is happening with the airline business, Spirit was just announced as having the highest on time percentage rate. Flying today is like taking the bus in the 1970s. Unless you can afford first class and willing to spend huge amounts of money, flying is just a way to get there and not really enjoyable. Plus we have to deal with TSA.

Figment Newton

Speaking of Stitch sitting unused and technically in 'seasonal operation,' the Timekeeper remained in seasonal operation for almost 5 years (2001-2006) before it was closed officially to make way for Monster's Inc. (I don't know how often the show was actually running from 2001-06, other than the fact I never personally never saw it open when I went to MK during this period.) Timekeeper's wiki page says it was supposedly open more often when AE was being replaced with SGE and I know it was also used as M&G, but's that it.

Considering it is the first thing that guests see when they enter Tomorrowland, this area is beginning to have a history of attractions suffering through 'seasonal operation' limbo. I liked SGE personally and from what I've seen it looks like Timekeeper was an interesting show. I just hope Disney figures out what to replace SGE with sooner than the 5 years it took to make a decision on Timekeeper.

TwilightZone

Speaking of Stitch sitting unused and technically in 'seasonal operation,' the Timekeeper remained in seasonal operation for almost 5 years (2001-2006) before it was closed officially to make way for Monster's Inc. (I don't know how often the show was actually running from 2001-06, other than the fact I never personally never saw it open when I went to MK during this period.) Timekeeper's wiki page says it was supposedly open more often when AE was being replaced with SGE and I know it was also used as M&G, but's that it.

Considering it is the first thing that guests see when they enter Tomorrowland, this area is beginning to have a history of attractions suffering through 'seasonal operation' limbo. I liked SGE personally and from what I've seen it looks like Timekeeper was an interesting show. I just hope Disney figures out what to replace SGE with sooner than the 5 years it took to make a decision on Timekeeper.
One of the world's most depressing images comes from timekeeper
timekeeper.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom