News Tomorrowland love

montyz81

The tombstones will be pulled. And the Millennium Celebration tarps that block neither rain nor sun.
And of course, these need to return. Every time someone mentions the referb to the entrance, I will send picture of this:
fetch

Here you see them in boxes (fast forward to about 10:40)

RSoxNo1

I see Futureworld more of a wonderous world of wonder that's wonderful.
Presumably that's a hint of some sort (or you're stroking out), but there isn't a far cry from Wonder, Dreamers and Discovery. If there's a Disney Cruise Line ship named after it, it's a suitable theme for Future World.

P_Radden

So glad those tarps will come down too! Could we even go so far as to remove the pin station or whatever it is now in the center or is that just too much to ask for, as I guess it can serve as an information desk of sorts. The tarps and tombstones going is a big plus.
But wait, while we're at it, let's remove the fountain stage and restore that big beautiful water feature back to its former glory!

Bocabear

But wait, while we're at it, let's remove the fountain stage and restore that big beautiful water feature back to its former glory!
even better, let's demo the entire Fountain Of Nations and make something even better with updated technology... that corridor through tere has always been too cramped and the fountain decks too tall making it look visually obstructed... I would love to see them create something new and fresh and more spectacular than the original one...with no stage.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
There's other things in the amusement world "Wonderland" might conflict with...

2015522-WONDERLAND-LOGO.JPG
Oh my gosh, that's hilarious.
I kept thinking Wonderland was a terrible name for a theme park land (probably because someone posted the John Mayer video - ick!), without stopping to realize that we were "Canada's Wonderland" season ticket holders for a decade! :joyfull:

And the lesson here - John Mayer wrecks everything.

doctornick

So, in addition to the apparent "refresh" of the land, perhaps trying to develop a more cohesive look/theme, it sounds like there are potentially two new attractions coming (per the insider hints):
1. A replacement for SGE (now, no longer expected to be related to Wreck It Ralph)
2. An actual new attraction on an expansion pad.

Yes, it's all speculation until approved/announced/actually being build.

Given the IP obsessive nature of the company at this time, what does everything think could be used? Wreck It Ralph might still be used (either as a video game or using Hero's Duty/Sugar Rush/Fix It Felix Jr) for the "new" attraction. Other options might be: Tron, Big Hero Six, GotG (or maybe another Marvel property, maybe something based on SHIELD?), Stitch, Star Wars (seems unlikely they'd put it in two parks), Wall-E. The Incredibles?

Tomorrowland could be an option, but given the reception, doesn't seem plausible. Same with other "bombs" like John Carter, Treasure Planet, or The Black Hole. I'm skeptical they would use Miles from Tomorrowland as an IP for a major project given the relatively obscurity of the property.

There seems to be very few choices; can anyone think of others? I really think one of the new attractions is going to be based on Tron even with the last film's mediocre reception.

The_Jobu

So, in addition to the apparent "refresh" of the land, perhaps trying to develop a more cohesive look/theme, it sounds like there are potentially two new attractions coming (per the insider hints):
1. A replacement for SGE (now, no longer expected to be related to Wreck It Ralph)
2. An actual new attraction on an expansion pad.

Yes, it's all speculation until approved/announced/actually being build.

Given the IP obsessive nature of the company at this time, what does everything think could be used? Wreck It Ralph might still be used (either as a video game or using Hero's Duty/Sugar Rush/Fix It Felix Jr) for the "new" attraction. Other options might be: Tron, Big Hero Six, GotG (or maybe another Marvel property, maybe something based on SHIELD?), Stitch, Star Wars (seems unlikely they'd put it in two parks), Wall-E. The Incredibles?

Tomorrowland could be an option, but given the reception, doesn't seem plausible. Same with other "bombs" like John Carter, Treasure Planet, or The Black Hole. I'm skeptical they would use Miles from Tomorrowland as an IP for a major project given the relatively obscurity of the property.

There seems to be very few choices; can anyone think of others? I really think one of the new attractions is going to be based on Tron even with the last film's mediocre reception.

I'd guess/hope Tron if they insist on adding an IP. I don't think they'd shove in any characters from the film, so it would just be future-y and neon blue and computers, etc.

(and the soundtrack would be awesome)

RandySavage

How could they be considering anything other than GotG for SGE replacement or the expansion pad? It checks all the boxes:

1. Box office & critical hit.
2. An open-ended franchise with likely forthcoming 'volumes' after 2.
3. The executive suite is eager to get Marvel into the parks. GotG is one of the few proven Marvel properties they can use in Orlando.
4. It - shockingly - would actually support/enhance the space fantasy/sci-fi theme of the current land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom