• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tomorrowland love

trainplane3

TRON is also a very easy IP to understand, even if you've never seen either of the two movies....the plot "you get sucked into a computer and have to play games to survive".

An easy to understand plot and the great aesthetic of the neon glow helps a lot with popularity.
The aesthetic is primary the reason why I like it. Just such a great looking movie even if the plot is kinda meh.
You can't get any easier then:
Blue guys = Good
Red guys = Bad

Though in Legacy it was more like:
Blue shade guys = Good
Red shade guys = Bad
White light guys = neutral (but could have their own motivation)

JoeCamel

The aesthetic is primary the reason why I like it. Just such a great looking movie even if the plot is kinda meh.
You can't get any easier then:
Blue guys = Good
Red guys = Bad

Though in Legacy it was more like:
Blue shade guys = Good
Red shade guys = Bad
White light guys = neutral (but could have their own motivation)
Thanks, you removed my last nagging thought that maybe I should see this movie. I can move on

J4546

tron is one of my fave movies as a kid and still today. Love it. Also I liked the sequel too, wish they made more, but it seems theres a new Tron coming out soon so thats chill imo. Im a big fan of the overall aesthetic of this ride and even though its taking forever to build Im excited for it

Rich Brownn

I saw the original TRON in 70mm (the computer parts were filmed in 70mm). At the end, when you zoom back to the real world, it was a bit disorienting. A friend said that it must have how Alice felt waking up out of Wonderland.

Magicart87

〝𝘙𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘺-𝘖!〞
Premium Member
Thanks, you removed my last nagging thought that maybe I should see this movie. I can move on
You should watch it just for the uncanny valley. If they ever re-release I hope they can deepfake a more convincing de-aged Dude. Also, while the story may be rudimentary, the music more than makes up for it.

Magicart87

〝𝘙𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘺-𝘖!〞
Premium Member
Now that Covid is behind us and the company is once again flush with cash can they finish this overhaul?

The TRON aesthetic was a good one to revamp the land assuming that was the end game. Honestly not sure. It became something of a mess as it continued to limp along. I was really hoping Tomorrowland would finally get a visual identity or unifying design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom