News Tomorrowland love

tirian

Agree on the Irons descent. Was just watching Martin's video of that the other day, and it still is so majestic.

Video screens... probably agree, but I really would need to watch a video of it again to refresh my memory.

I... I... I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore. ;)

:D I still love the song and its tune, but that woman is—let’s be polite and say “pitchy.” I’m surprised Disney used that recording.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’m a Cronkite kid. Loved the trippy projections more than the mannequins (though I was partial to Irons descent too. When the 180 top laser was still active)

Are the pre-historic man projections the ones you're referring to? Sorry, just watching and posting as I see things. :) I liked those better as well, I thought it helped tell the story better.

Epcot82Guy

I’m a Cronkite kid. Loved the trippy projections more than the mannequins (though I was partial to Irons descent too. When the 180 top laser was still active)

Ah my childhood.... I remember those projections well and the infinite light walls. (Which I did appreciate getting the throw back in the current version.)

I will say the Irons score when you turn to face the Earth in the dome had the most impact for me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ah my childhood.... I remember those projections well and the infinite light walls. (Which I did appreciate getting the throw back in the current version.)

I will say the Irons score when you turn to face the Earth in the dome had the most impact for me.
I had two kid moments that stuck with me. Cronkites going into 180 top and hitting the music at the instrumental crescendo with the cymbals crash as we first saw the earth, and also going into the Horizons outer space scene just as it’s music also hit the right moment.

Epcot82Guy

I had two kid moments that stuck with me. Cronkites going into 180 top and hitting the music at the instrumental crescendo with the cymbals crash as we first saw the earth, and also going into the Horizons outer space scene just as it’s music also hit the right moment.

Agreed. I still use "Space" from Horizons as my ringtone from time to time.

The instrumental part of Tomorrow's Child also hits me in the feels from childhood.

Goofnut1980

DL's TL is getting little baby spires:
disneyland-tomorrowland-entrance-concept-art.jpg
I can say being there last night... They have added the grass areas where those yellow and blow beds are... no spires.. but the silver walls right behind the AstroOrbiter are there and have white LED lighting on them, that keeps flickering.. It was super annoying. I like how the PeopleMover track is still in this picture. It is never going anywhere.

trainplane3

I can say being there last night... They have added the grass areas where those yellow and blow beds are... no spires.. but the silver walls right behind the AstroOrbiter are there and have white LED lighting on them, that keeps flickering.. It was super annoying. I like how the PeopleMover track is still in this picture. It is never going anywhere.
From what I understand, only focus on the foreground of the art. The background is actually concept art of when they were "overhauling" TL back in the day. The PM track is apparently supposed to be removed at some point.

I do wonder when the work will be complete (spires and flowerbeds).

T.Will

ah ok my apologies then,,,that really through me into a panic moment there lol, I misunderstood.
I do recall a CM rumor during my college program in 2018 that TL ops were considering shuttering PM because of mechanical issues and it being too entangled with Space Mountain to work properly. However, I don't think that rumor was true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom