Tommorowland Going Away

tinktwirler321

I like the idea of the Cars Speedway but other then that I don't personally think it is that good of an idea. Disney has tons of attractions that have nothing to do with Pixar. Like High School Musical Pep Rally. It wouldn't fit in any other land. Just my oppinion.......

djronnieb

Original Poster
No kidding. Why do people insist upon putting bad joke threads in the News forum? It's just annoying. It's not funny. It's not clever and it's not original. Isn't that what "chit chat" is for?
:brick:
-m

oh go fry an egg over your head

CRO-Magnum

The basis and premise sound great but...

in essence it makes Tomorrowland an extension of Fantasyland. Is that bad? Well TL hasn't been very tomorrow'ish since the late 60's so I suppose it's not bad. It could have a futuristic theme based on automation, AI, space, and such. Too bad Disney/Pixar didn't do Robots - that would have worked in great! Cars, Stitch, and Buzz would fit in easily. Need some human vs. AI and space movies for theming. Would be cool if they pushed through a space based Pixar animation to theme Space Mountain and an Aldous Huxley Brave New World loosely themed adventure/dram'edy to create a new attraction on.

...as long as I'm dreaming...

...move Star Tours to *****land and put in a Buzz style ride where the guest is a Clone Trooper ARC-170 Starfighter turret gunner during the attacks on Kashyyak (sp?) and some other locations. Perhaps the guest could choose their side?????

So many things they could do, so little money to invest.

Craig & Lisa

Well, here's a good theme of a Disney movie to attraction, The Black Hole. It was not what was a big screen spectacular, but the FX's were pretty good for Disney, and they had some big names in it too. I think it would make a good attraction in TM!:D

GenerationX

I heard from a very good source that sometime in 2010 Tommorowland will become "Pixarland". I was told this is a working name in progress, but it will be changed to something along those lines due to the fact that it's too hard and costly to keep updating a land that's about the future since things change so quickly these days as far as technology goes. Over the next 4 years more and more of the land will be replaced by Pixar themed attractions as already has happened in some cases. Expect Stich to be the last attraction replaced with a Pixar theme in 2009. Space mountain will get a massive refurb late 2007 or early 2008 with a Pixar overlay. And the Indy speedway will get a Cars overlay sometime in the next few years. Even COP will get a massive refurb in 2009 with some sort of a Pixar theme added to it. I've said as much as I know, and I'm ready for everyones insults and questions on my statement so have at it.
:lol: :lol:

Texas84

Folks, whether you like it or not, change is inevitable. The world does not revolve around you. I learned that when Horizons and Toad bit the dust.

Brian_B

I am usually mum on the crazy happenings around here, but I just HAVE to chime in. If this preposterous rumor ever comes true, I am seriously going to have to stop going to Disney. I mean, Imagination, Horizons, World of Motion, The Living Seas, SeaBase ALPHA, The Land, Odyssey Center, 20K, SSE, SuperStar Television, Monster SoundShow, Backstage Studio Tour, the hat & wand, and the threat of losing UoE are one thing....but this is just too much.

cab5f

I Think If You Are Disney, You Have To Put New Things In At Some Point To Keep People Coming. Some Attractions Like The Majority Listed Above Didn't Pull A Big Crowd, And If You Can Get Something New Out Of An Existing Attraction, Do It. Even If Its A Classic. But One Rule: The Attraction Replacing The Old One Has To Be Better. But Changing Tommorowland To PixarLand Is Never Gonna Happen.

landauh

two problems. one, along this train of thought, future world at EPCOT should be changed,
2. Tommorrowland was NEVER about the REAL future. it is the future that never was..... It is the representation of the 1950s view of the future

Actually when DL and TL first opened in 1955 it was designed to be a representative og what 1986 might be like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom